• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
CzRCx.gif

Damnit, Spike.

What an amazing series. Awesome soundtrack, characters and action. There's not a ton of worldbuilding but you do get a good sense of the history of the places the series went to.

This one's been in my backlog for a while. The Super Eyepatch Wolf video is what me finally decide to jump on it. If you haven't seen it yet, get to it. Only 26 episodes and there was only one I didn't like (episode 22, with the cowboy).

Ylor

Oct 25, 2017
I would pay money to be able to watch Cowboy Bebop again for the first time

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these years later and it's still my favorite anime series. Amazing stuff. I feel like there's actually a great amount of worldbuilding, it's just done through the environment most of the time rather than exposition.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Aw, man. What a series. Still hurts.

If you haven't watched the movie, OP, definitely give it a watch. I'm surprised by how well it still holds up, actually. It works as a longer episode to the series in a way, and has some gorgeous animation and art direction. (Plus, dat soundtrack.)

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i have it on blu ray limited edition. they'll bury me with that anime

on my tombstone they'll write

"Here lies Woofington
A fucking Weeaboo"

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
One of the greatest works in all entertainment history. A 10/10 masterpiece.
See you, Space Cowboy....

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You gonna carry that weight OP

I first saw it 16 years ago when it first premiered on cartoon network...it feels so long ago now, i remember the teaser commercial

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I've tried finishing it twice, but always throw in the towel somewhere by the end. I should give it another shot now that it's up on Netflix.

That being said though, I just started watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and that show's pretty great!

OP
OP
T'Chakku

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Aw, man. What a series. Still hurts.

If you haven't watched the movie, OP, definitely give it a watch. I'm surprised by how well it still holds up, actually. It works as a longer episode to the series in a way, and has some gorgeous animation and art direction. (Plus, dat soundtrack.)
Had no idea there was a movie. Will definitely check that out.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Nah, Boogie Woogie Feng Shui was the bad episode.

No, the episode with the immortal kid was the weakest one(although the moon explosion lore building was great

Of course we're talking about CB, there are no real "bad episodes"

Fuck i'm getting nostalgia feels now, still one of my favorite "random promo commercials" of all time, Adult swim in those days was truly the successor of toonami, williams street did great work

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
GOAT anime show. That jazz soundtrack and the whole kung fu noir vibe of the thing was so good

Loved the homages to Batman the animated series and Alien as well.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1330418_Latvian_ShowDetailHeaderDesktop_5402ce96-a478-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

Now watch Samurai Champloo OP. Its from the same director, Watanabe, and many of the other creative team behind Cowboy Bebop. Its a Samurai show with a hip hop soundtrack and theme with an incredible OST by the late great Nujabes. Its also a similar series in that there is a loose plot about a girl searching for her missing father, a Samurai who smells like Sunflowers and enlists the aid of two very different wandering warriors to help her. Its got a ton of one off episodes covering a wide variety of themes and stories from totally hilarious too very serious and even episodes about baseball and zombies.

tumblr_n67jsgMVkc1rr8y8mo1_500.gif

tumblr_mvxa5r4z9i1sjnmr6o1_500.gif

Last edited:

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Next up OP, is Samurai Champloo.

Episode 14 still gives me chills.

OP
OP
T'Chakku

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Now watch Samurai Champloo OP. Its from the same director, Watanabe, and many of the other creative team behind Cowboy Bebop. Its a Samurai show with a hip hop soundtrack and theme with an incredible OST by the late great Nujabes. Its also a similar series in that there is a loose plot about a girl searching for her missing father, a Samurai who smells like Sunflowers and enlists the aid of two very different wandering warriors to help her. Its got a ton of one off episodes covering a wide variety of themes and stories from totally hilarious too very serious and even episodes about baseball and zombies.

tumblr_n67jsgMVkc1rr8y8mo1_500.gif

tumblr_mvxa5r4z9i1sjnmr6o1_500.gif
Champloo's in my backlog. Maybe I'll move it up

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The best episode had to be Ballad of Falling Angels. That was the first episode I watched randomly on Adult Swim and after a few years I finally watched to whole series. The moment with Spike falling out of the church fighting Vicious is Top 5 Anime Moments for me.

Friggz

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried finishing it twice, but always throw in the towel somewhere by the end. I should give it another shot now that it's up on Netflix.

That being said though, I just started watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and that show's pretty great!

It's on Netflix??

The real folk blues is one of the greatest songs every recorded. The show brings me back to a happier time in my life.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It pretty much did everything right, and spoiled a lot of future good anime for me by setting the bar so high.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
oh hey I also saw this for the first time earlier this year to finally get it off my backlog. Not quite an all-time favorite but it definitely lives up to its reputation.

Also yes the Cowboy Andy ep is the clear dud in the series.

Oct 25, 2017
No, the episode with the immortal kid was the weakest one(although the moon explosion lore building was great

Of course we're talking about CB, there are no real "bad episodes"

Fuck i'm getting nostalgia feels now, still one of my favorite "random promo commercials" of all time, Adult swim in those days was truly the successor of toonami, williams street did great work
Sympathy for the Devil is not particularly good. But Boogie Woogie Feng Shei shouldn't exist.

It's basically an entire episode of Jet trying to hook up with a teenage girl before she goes her own way like every Cowboy Bebop one off characters. Even has nightmarish cringeworthy lines like "I'm not too old to be your boyfriend."

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
oh hey I also saw this for the first time earlier this year to finally get it off my backlog. Not quite an all-time favorite but it definitely lives up to its reputation.

Also yes the Cowboy Andy ep is the clear dud in the series.

Cowboy Andy is my favorite episode and the only one my wife liked lol

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Sympathy for the Devil is not particularly good. But Boogie Woogie Feng Shei shouldn't exist.

It's basically an entire episode of Jet trying to hook up with a teenage girl before she goes her own way like every Cowboy Bebop one off characters. Even has nightmarish cringeworthy lines like "I'm not too old to be your boyfriend."

This sure is a major over-simplification of the main plot about her relationship with her dad.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I tear up a little when I know someone just finished the last episode of CB. It's just so damn good. I don't know how many times I've rewatched the series.