• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what a finale. Loved it. Better than Adventure Times (which I still loved).

I need more shows like Gravity Falls, Adventure Time and Over the Garden Wall. Help!

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You comparing it to Adventure Time and Over the Garden Wall?

Aight, I gotta check this out.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
It's a strong ending, which is exactly what that show needed. Not sticking the landing would have been a tragedy.

Star vs The Forces of Evil is good. Same with Infinity Train. I've heard Steven Universe had similar appeal for people, but I could never get into it personally. It's a good bit different, but give She-Ra and the Princesses of Power a shot sometime. It's another good one.

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Falls it the best cartoon of the decade. Great cast of characters, really funny, and they did a great job balancing an ongoing mystery with stand alone episodes.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You comparing it to Adventure Time and Over the Garden Wall?

Aight, I gotta check this out.
You're into AT and OTGW and you haven't already seen Gravity Falls?

giphy.gif

Mar 29, 2018
Is Gravity Falls the one with the painfully voiced protagonist agonizingly walking a line between Rick from R&M and a South Park character?

Yeah, couldn't make it through a single episode. Some nice ideas but just gave me pain and wasn't funny. The execution was such a tryhard hodgepodge of tones and styles. The pacing just wasn't right with any of it.

All up there with the Adventure Time love though. For sure one of the greats of the decade.

Edit: thinking of Final Space lol

Last edited:

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Is Gravity Falls the one with the painfully voiced protagonist agonizingly walking a line between Rick from R&M and a South Park character?

Yeah, couldn't make it through a single episode. Some nice ideas but just gave me pain and wasn't funny. The execution was such a tryhard hodgepodge of tones and styles. The pacing just wasn't right with any of it.

All up there with the Adventure Time love though. For sure one of the greats of the decade.

I think you're confused.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star killed countless magical beings and causes chaos for both Earth and Mewni so she can stay together with Marco.

I dont what this means but this seems like a spoiler especially when someone is recommending something to watch.

Yeah Gravity Falls is dope as fuck. Try Kim Possible if you have Disney Plus. It is amazing also. I dont need to recommend the Avatars and Korra's right?

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're into AT and OTGW and you haven't already seen Gravity Falls?

giphy.gif

Just never got around to it, though I always heard it was pretty good. Now Disney+ is a thing, it's on my list, but I think I'll push it up and make it a priority.

And yes, Steven Universe is pretty phenomenal too.

Oct 27, 2017
Gravity Falls it the best cartoon of the decade. Great cast of characters, really funny, and they did a great job balancing an ongoing mystery with stand alone episodes.
So much positive vibes about the show here. I love it. The true successor to the Simpsons (IMHO)

Though the Ducktales remake reminds me of it so much...
Star
killed countless magical beings and causes chaos for both Earth and Mewni so she can stay together with Marco.
I thought it was more
she was tired of all the bullshit that came with magic. Didn't she go through with it knowing that Marco was going to be torn from her life? The ending was a mess, yes, but if you look at it the right way, it ends the way it began: like a fucked up fairytale.

Edit: sorry about the spoilers!

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing show. Wish it was a bit longer though. Season 2 felt like it needed a bit more breathing room, but what was there was all excellent.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the best part about Gravity Falls is that they knew when to end it, and they ended it strong

too many shows waiver on for X seasons when they didn't really need to

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Gravity Falls takes the spot as my favorite cartoon. Absolutely phenomenal. No bad episodes.

Steven Universe is a good watch too, though the first season is rough. I'm talking like skip episodes 3 to like 14 rough.

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to get into Steven Universe but I think I'll wait until it's finished. It's supposed to be ending soon right? I'll definitely get into it then. I do love the music from the show though.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Gravity Falls is incredible. Whatever they were paying their background artists wasn't enough.

Other recommendations: Steven Universe, Hilda, Infinity Train, Ducktales.

Also, Disney is releasing a new show in January called The Owl House that might be worth checking out.

I'd like to get into Steven Universe but I think I'll wait until it's finished. It's supposed to be ending soon right? I'll definitely get into it then. I do love the music from the show though.

Steven Universe technically ended its main story in January. The movie recently came out in September that takes place two years later and an Epilogue series that takes place after the movie called Steven Universe Future starts this Saturday.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Gravity Falls is incredible. Whatever they were paying their background artists wasn't enough.

Other recommendations: Steven Universe, Hilda, Infinity Train, Ducktales.

Also, Disney is releasing a new show in January called The Owl House that might be worth checking out.

Steven Universe technically ended its main story in January. The movie recently came out in September that takes place two years later and an Epilogue series that takes place after the movie called Steven Universe Future starts this Saturday.

Alright thanks. I think I'll wait for that to end then.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I had always heard great things about it and so I started it after getting Disney+. My daughter and I were instantly hooked and now we're reading through the comic after finishing it. I was really bummed after I saw it was only 2 season but once I read that it was 100% on purpose by the creator because he'd always had the whole arc in mind from the beginning it made it even more awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
It has staff from Gravity Falls.

Oh, I know. But of all the "new" shows, I feel this is the closest to GF in soul.

Confession time, ERA-fam; as a kid, I HATED fucking Ducktales. Uncle Scrooge was a dick. The triples were little, lying bastards. Webby was a pain in the ass that reminded me of my sister on her bad days. And a lot of the supporting characters are just boring (Doofus Drake, anyone?)

And yet, I loved the NES game. I know.

The main reason I gave the remake a chance was because a chunk of the GF team is on the job. And they didn't disappoint. They pulled the stick out of Scrooge's ass. The boys each have an individual soul. Webby was turned into Mabel 2.0, but given a sympathetic light. They even made Mrs Beakley interesting, giving her a piece of dry wit from Batman's Alfred.

Sure, some characters I'm mixed on (making Gyro a jerk and Doofus period), but the return of
Darkwing Duck
had me swear my loyalty. I would be stunned if the first episode with
Della Duck on the moon
doesn't get a nom for a daytime Emmy.

For this, with the advent of Disney Plus, I'm doing something I haven't done in about 25 years - I'm giving the original DT a rewatch. Sure, a lot of it so far was...um...alright, but I get to see where a lot of this stuff stems from (e.g. I swear I don't remember Gandra Dee at all, finding myself surprised by the remake's Ramona Flowers-ish nod). I just finished a replay of Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck's next.

But I digress. It seems like all of Disney's new shows have staff from GF in them, and for that, a bit of its soul as well. So, I'd say thanks for making Ducktales a shit-ton better.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Love Gravity Falls and how all the main people in the show had amazing character growth. Ended on a fine note.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
For this, with the advent of Disney Plus, I'm doing something I haven't done in about 25 years - I'm giving the original DT a rewatch. Sure, a lot of it so far was...um...alright, but I get to see where a lot of this stuff stems from (e.g. I swear I don't remember Gandra Dee at all, finding myself surprised by the remake's Ramona Flowers-ish nod). I just finished a replay of Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck's next.
Do they actually have the whole show now? I tried to watch it when the service started, but its listings went from episode 1 straight to episode 4, and the episode 1 on there sure wasn't the actual first episode.

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I quite like the new DuckTales. I want to finish that before getting to Kim Possible again. I can't recommend it enough, Kim Possible is fantastic.

Oct 27, 2017
Do they actually have the whole show now? I tried to watch it when the service started, but its listings went from episode 1 straight to episode 4, and the episode 1 on there sure wasn't the actual first episode.

IIRC, some old school Disney shows have banned episodes due to content. I remember reading something about that with TaleSpin, and also, the DVD sets were never perfect either.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Falls is definitely great. I'm just reading this for recommendations as well lol.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching Gravity Falls basically right as it was ending. I was super, SUPER bummed that it ended. I agree with the "should have been another season" crowd, but Hirsch was burned out and almost pulled the plug entirely after S1, so I'm glad we got what we did at least. I would love for him to go back to Gravity Falls at some point, maybe with mid or post high school Dipper and Mabel.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants more Gravity Falls, I recommend the Lost Legends graphic novel which is basically 3 never-made episodes in comic form.

It even has a story that focuses on Dipper and Pacifica's relationship (which absolutely should have been expanded more on in the show).