• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
88004.jpg

I expect this to happen. But yeah it's pretty shady to get $3000 for doing nothing

Oct 25, 2017
Why is check still widely used in the us? Isn't it an old an unreliable payement method?
When I was in the US people seemed to think checks are more secure because there is a physical paper record involved. I was told to always pay my rent by check, so that I would have proof of payment, for example. Seems silly these days, though.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
When I was in the US people seemed to think checks are more secure because there is a physical paper record involved. I was told to always pay my rent by check, so that I would have proof of payment, for example. Seems silly these days, though.

I think this still makes sense as opposed to paying in cash.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this is a popular nigerian scam.

let me guess. you are to deposit the check and withdraw a certain amount to send somewhere right?

that check will bounce after a week and no matter what, you will be the one responsible.

if its too good to be true, it probably isnt true

cyress8

Avenger
Why is check still widely used in the us? Isn't it an old an unreliable payement method?

As an European I've been curious about this too.

As an American, I would like to know this also.

I've only had negative experiences with checks. Lost over probably 8-9000 dollars over the years from people doing stop payments with fake IDs. Stopped taking them and have not had any real issues since then.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Its a common scam this one, sounds quite similar to the Nigerian prince emails that I've seen in the past.
There is nothing to gain, I don't know about trolling him either because he has you personal address and you don't know what he could be part of.

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There was a massive thread about this scam on the old forums where a guy actually fell for it and was out a few grand, OP if I was you I would troll the sheet outa this guy, get as much info then send it on to the authorities.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
There was a massive thread about this scam on the old forums where a guy actually fell for it and was out a few grand, OP if I was you I would troll the sheet outa this guy, get as much info then send it on to the authorities.

Eh, he probably shouldn't antagonize a criminal who has his address.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Don't pay any attention to these nervous nicks and suspicious sally's, cash that check and live the high life for a few days.

$3k will buy you a lot of lap dances and time at the blackjack table.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Checks are still a thing because of old people, poor people, and old corporations. My apartment complex swapped owners like 6 months ago and didn't have an electronic payment method setup for like 3 or 4 months.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like the beginning of a horror movie, guy is going to start asking you to kill people.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm trying to think of a way to cash it in and keep the money, but the cheque will obviously bounce, so there's probably nothing you can do except report this to the authorities with all the contact info of the scammers that you have.