• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kayo Police

Nov 4, 2017
This is the main reason I go to the movies at the earliest possible showings. I have to find more theaters that outright kick people out for phone use/talking/etc during a movie, they're rare in the DFW area, where a lot of the audiences that attend movies here think they're in their freaking living rooms, it's annoying and I've almost gotten into fist fights after a movie telling people they should shut the hell up/stay off the damn phone next time they're in a movie.

I would not be against a rule or law that outright forced people to turn their cellphones into some collection locker before a movie started, and having dedicated personal during a movie watching the audience to kick/throw out people talking etc etc.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember when I went to see Deadpool 1
There was a father with his kid of like 10 years old (have no idea how the cinema let them in)
The kid screamed and talked all the time

Since then I go to the cinema the Saturday in the morning two weeks after the official release

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Someone got a coke thrown at them and didnt retaliate? They just up and left?

Opening night of The Matrix I told the guy directly to my right that he could shut up or get his ass beaten. He was with a date and he still just sat there and took it. Not a peep the rest of the movie.

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw it the other day and my friend sitting right next to me made a clicking noise at the worst possible time. I couldn't believe it! Why!?

I love movie theatres because of the big screen, dark room, sound and immersion....but man, movie theatre audiences.....

There was also some laughter as well but I kind of understand that, as a few other people in this thread have commented it was a little campy by the end of it. I understand laughter as either a release of tension or as a response to the absurdity of the horror unfolding and it's also not necessarily a ha-ha joke laughter, but a holy-shit-laughter response. I totally understand why it'd bug people, not everyone responds to horror and tension the same way, but it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't taking the movie seriously. There were still some jokesters at my screening who I have a feeling weren't taking it very seriously, though...

Last edited:

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
Just got back from a Deadpool 2 showing. R rated movie 1015pm showing and we lasted about 30 min before walking out and getting a refund. Cunt parents come in with I don't know how many kids, at least 4-5 kids under 10 sitting in the row in front of us, the 3-4 more sitting next to me around 12-13. Is it really that hard to not be a shitty parent? Kids kept talking back and forth, on their phones, not even whispering.

There's even a sign at the ticket booth (cinemark) where children are not permitted to R rated movies after 6pm.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude the SAME thing happened when I saw Hereditary today.

Like, fuck me, is this some kind of social experiment where X% of the audience is instructed to laugh or whatever? I mean, I get a nervous round of laughter during a jump scare but these fucking idiots were laughing after every line like it was a sitcom. Plus, all the chairs were squeaky as fuck.

Great movie, but like you OP, awful theater experience.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Dude the SAME thing happened when I saw Hereditary today.

Like, fuck me, is this some kind of social experiment where X% of the audience is instructed to laugh or whatever? I mean, I get a nervous round of laughter during a jump scare but these fucking idiots were laughing after every line like it was a sitcom. Plus, all the chairs were squeaky as fuck.

Great movie, but like you OP, awful theater experience.
might have to start saving serious horror movies for home viewing only.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
might have to start saving serious horror movies for home viewing only.

It was sooooo shitty, I was honestly just going to leave at a certain point because the audience were such morons. And then of course all the talk afterwards like "yo WHAT was his name!?" or "I didn't understand any of that shit!"

And I mean I saw it on a weekday at 4 PM. Well after it opened. It's not like I went in "asking for it" or something, to a show that you'd expect to be rowdy.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had this experience while watching a midnight screening of Soldado, believe it or not. Some kids kept making the "boom" sound when the tense music kicks in. Sigh.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I'm the one that's the kind to laugh inappropriately at inopportune times.... sorry

Oct 27, 2017
After getting the VVitch ruined for me, after waiting months for it to come to my single theatre tiny town, then getting Blair Witch ruined for me not long afterwards, I stopped seeing horror movies in theatres.