• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like fuck man I'm just trying to watch a movie.

Maybe because it's a horror film or more of an artistic film if that's the excuse because these people kept being distracting and just plain disrespectful to those that wanted to enjoy a film.

From making clicking sounds throughout the film, to laughing really loud for no reason. I understand that sometimes things can be a little funny but come on! that shit isn't that hilarious especially when it's 2018 and nudity is still funny because they're uncomfortable.

Hopefully you guys get a better experience or just wait until you can watch it at your own house.

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh... I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm planning to watch this tomorrow morning by myself and I really hope there's either no one there, or it's a respectful crowd. I managed to catch both Annihilation and A Quiet Place in theaters and both experiences were great and people were quiet as mice during the tension.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh... I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm planning to watch this tomorrow morning by myself and I really hope there's either no one there, or it's a respectful crowd. I managed to catch both Annihilation and A Quiet Place in theaters and both experiences were great and people were quiet as mice during the tension.
I rather wished that these people would of left instead of being awful people

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't go to see a horror movie on a Saturday night if you want a quiet, respectful audience.

And don't go see a PG-13 horror movie when school is out.

Just sad things I have learned.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I pay for premium theater tickets because price is a great barrier for shitheads. I've never had a bad IMAX 3D experience.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Teenagers can be really hard to watch horror movies with. I got lucky last night. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I won't even go to the movies unless it's at a theatre with a strict no talking policy.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't go to see a horror movie on a Saturday night if you want a quiet, respectful audience.

Yup.

It's common to come across huge asshole while watching horror film. If you see a big group of teenage friends come in together then you might as well just leave and ask for a refund because they're all going to act like it's MST3K.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wish I waited to watch Hereditary at home.

FYI: People who laugh during moments of discomfort are secretly the biggest pussies in the cinema.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Someone did this to me during Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

I threw a full Coke at them and they left. Back then it was a minor investment.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm literally sitting in the theater waiting for it to begin. That is why I go to Alamo Drafthouses because they kick out people who do that shit.

May 10, 2018
Saw it today in the morning. Half the theater was full.

There was definitely laughter from my audience and I can admit I chuckled at some of the scenes.

It didn't bother me at all. I thought the movie was ok at best as a horror film and enjoyed the drama aspect more.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah man the clicking and laughing got really annoying, best to see horror movies like this in like the afternoon or some shit

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Sorry that happened OP.

I'll never forget the time i went to see a movie and a lady came in with her two underage children and they had FUN musical electronic toys to play with for the entire film!

Got my money back, sure did.

Deleted member 14900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nervous laughter was throughout our audience. They eventually hushed after some aggressive shushing. But our crowd was into it together.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Like fuck man I'm just trying to watch a movie.

Maybe because it's a horror film or more of an artistic film if that's the excuse because these people kept being distracting and just plain disrespectful to those that wanted to enjoy a film.

From making clicking sounds throughout the film, to laughing really loud for no reason. I understand that sometimes things can be a little funny but come on! that shit isn't that hilarious especially when it's 2018 and nudity is still funny because they're uncomfortable.

Hopefully you guys get a better experience or just wait until you can watch it at your own house.
Lmao happened to me with deadpool 2 I can't think of that movie without thinking of the experience I had trying to watch it and for that I hate it

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
This was my screening last night:

Where the shitty audience is Zuck, the film is Eduardo, and I was Sorkin.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear that OP. I had one of the worst ever recently at Deadpool 2.

Original worst was like...Matrix Reloaded maybe? But some teenagers threw popcorn and candy at me and my friends and when we told them to stop, one of the kids came up and hocked a loogie at my feet.

Recently, DP2, a "father" brought his two young sons (like 4 and 5 years old) to the movie. Left them alone to go get popcorn for like ten minutes. They got up after a bit to go wander the theatre alone "where's daddy?". I could have taken one of those kids and walked out of the theatre if I wanted to. Movie started, the kids were okay for a bit (other than, you know, 4 and 5 year olds watching DEADPOOL), not too loud. About 70% through the movie though, they started getting irritable, screaming, fighting with each other, and the father does nothing. A woman goes up and asks the father to either quiet them down or take them out until they're calm, and the guy turns to her and is like "shut up, fucking fatass". The friend I'm with turns around and tells the guy that he's fucking rude (guy doesn't say anything to my friend, surprise, a woman talking back gets insulted, a man doesn't). Everyone tells the guy to take his kids out, he doesn't. He finally leaves after one of his kids started a full blown tauntrum with about 15 minutes left to the film.

It was just such a terrible experience. I felt bad for those kids, it's not their fault, and just disgusted with the guy.

Bad theatre experiences suck!

Oct 25, 2017
Friday and Saturday nights are terrible for horror movies if you want a quiet crowd. Learned that with Scream 4 7 years ago. We had a fucking security guard going around with a flashlight. With that said, it was a really fun movie with a really endearingly annoying crowd for the one experience, but yeah, never again.

Thursday night or Sunday for me usually.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only douchebags obnoxiously laugh during horror films. Thank god for alamo drafthouse cuz they will kick loud peoples asses out.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wear earplugs at the theater. Drowns out most crowd noises and the sound of the movie is loud enough to still hear.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Horror movies tend to attract the worst crowds, which is unfortunate. I guess I got lucky; I saw it opening night at 7pm and no one acted stupid.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Only douchebags obnoxiously laugh during horror films. Thank god for alamo drafthouse cuz they will kick loud peoples asses out.
Doesn't The Alamo have staff serving drinks and shit during the movie?

It's been a while since I lived in the US. I remember only ever wanting to see movies at the Arclight.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, people are suggesting going to the cinema and wearing earplugs? lol

Something new every day.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I couldn't go see a movie with earplugs or go to a concert with them. I've been to a lot of concerts in the past, so maybe my hearing has become damaged by it, but I don't like cheapening the experience.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Why not? The speakers at the theater are too loud for me anyways. I find it perfectly audible with earplugs.
Because not all sound is mixed at the upper-decibel levels? You're missing an entire range of the mix that contributes to the atmosphere of the film.

You saying you can hear everything is highly suspect when you have EAR PLUGS in your ears, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your motivation with dipshit audiences, but c'mon dude.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
A fight between this drunk belligerent woman and another couple happened at this one theater I went to for Suicide Squad.

Not going to lie, it was the highlight of the evening. It was like during the last ten minutes of the movie and we all got two free tickets.

Since I didn't even like the movie I considered it a net win.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Be sure to avoid the teenagers. Made the mistake of seeing the re release of when a strange calls, (i was teen at the time too) and people were screaming, running the aisles, basically going insane toward the end. I left the theater with all of my nerves completely frayed, not because the movie was scary but because of the natural reaction anyone would have to hearing terrified screams of horror. Man what the fuck.

I left the theater during the pig vat scene of saw 3. What. The. Actual. Living. Fuck. Was. That.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard clicking at a movie, why do people do that? That sounds super weird.

And yeah 90% of my movies I prefer tue-friday afternoon ~noon, my dolby/imax theaters around me usually have only 8-10 people then (in a 150 person theater) so its pretty gloriously quiet, the concession lines are non existent, and its nice. For a few movies (Infinity War, Star Wars) I'll go thursday opening night for the crowds which I've never had a problem in, mostly I imagine because its pretty big fans who have to buy tickets in the 2-3 weeks before the day since they sell out fast for that kind of night.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Go for the matinee with old people. Those people know how to shut the fuck up.

Although I did sit next to an old couple once who had to explain how baseball works to each other during Moneyball.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I see tons of art house/horror films with nudity and/or uncomfortable scenes without any disruptions luckily. The most I've heard in the last few years was people screaming oh my god during parts of Green Room and I was honestly there with them albeit more quietly.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I paid for the nice screen with recliners when I saw Black Panther.

Kid behind me played with the recliner controls the whole film.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Go for the matinee with old people. Those people know how to shut the fuck up.

Bullllllllshit!

I will take a crowd of teenagers over a crowd of old people any day of the fucking week.

Old people in a group together talk like nobody's business. The difference is that you feel worse telling a gaggle of old ladies to shut their fucking pie holes than you do teenagers.

Teenagers will usually talk due to an overabundance of enthusiasm. Old people will usually talk due to an overabundance of entitlement.

wizard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
California
Unless people are just constantly laughing you seem to be pretty overbearing or at least have some unrealistic expectations.

When I saw upgrade it was like me and two other people laughing the whole movie. If it was deflating the tension to that degree constantly you should have them removed from the theatre.

I had to have some shit lord removed during a quiet place because he wouldn't stop talking.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bullllllllshit!

I will take a crowd of teenagers over a crowd of old people any day of the fucking week.

Old people in a group together talk like nobody's business. The difference is that you feel worse telling a gaggle of old ladies to shut their fucking pie holes than you do teenagers.

Teenagers will usually talk due to an overabundance of enthusiasm. Old people will usually talk due to an overabundance of entitlement.
Absolutely. Old people can be the worst. They are the type to walk in the middle and very slowly so that you can't pass them to the left or right. The ultimate trolls.

Oct 27, 2017
American cinemas sounds like hell on earth.

I never really had an experience like this, people here mostly stay quiet and silent.

But what is this clicking thing? Can someone explain it?

WallSniper

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You should formally complain to the management staff if it ruined your experience.
If they feel it appropriate they might comp your ticket price as recompense.

Though, I'm sure it's too late now for this particular showing,
Because you scuffled out in a hurry to let Era know how badly ruined was your viewing.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because not all sound is mixed at the upper-decibel levels? You're missing an entire range of the mix that contributes to the atmosphere of the film.

You saying you can hear everything is highly suspect when you have EAR PLUGS in your ears, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your motivation with dipshit audiences, but c'mon dude.

Its quite possible I'm not hearing lower decibel sounds but its a small price to pay for drowning out others, especially when I can hear the music, conversations and sound effects of the movie just fine.

Honestly, give it a try before knocking it.