• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
With Moon Knight's series coming out, discussion of the character is going to make headlines. So I've been familiar with Moon Knight since I was a kid and was curious, just how crazy is this guy meant to be? Is he really talking to the Egyptian God Khonshu or is it all in his head? A Moon Knight comic that was made had in an aslyum and claim that all the Moon Knight stuff never happened, so how crazy is this guy?

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Wait, he's Jewish and he follows the guidance of an Egyptian god? Is the irony of this ever pointed out in the comics?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see an adaptation of jeff lemire and warren ellis's run of Moon Knight.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
He has multiple personality disorder and Konshu, who is definitely real and not exactly his friend messing with his head doesn't help either. On top of that he has no problem cutting off faces or pursuing new persona's like Mr.Knight.

So I dunno OP, you decide.

May 24, 2019
I think for Bendis' series, he was teaming up with Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man and they turned out to be figments of his imagination. That's how crazy.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Batman has batarangs, he has ankharangs. He also has super strength depending on the phase of the moon.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite Marvel hero after Punisher and Venom. Would love the MCU to do him justice, but ideally his film would be R rated, and that doesn't gel. Would have made a fucking awesome Netflix series.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Batshit sometimes. Moon Knight is crazy as shit and vicious to boot, yet lucid. Spector is even more vicious and while he found his breaking point eventually did some messed up shit as a merc and without the (screwed up) moral compass of the Knight. Mr Knight seems pretty with it at least in the appearances where he matters (mostly Ellis) but thinking he is in control probably shows him to be profoundly disturbed. Steven Grant is somewhat with it if kind of paper thin but then again in some ways he is tasked with being the mediator and everything working usually hinges on him so he must actually be pretty strong. Lockley on the other hand is pretty sane beyond some of his questionable decisions about who he chooses as helpers (Crowley, Gloria's Boys).

Point being he is not crazy with a bunch of personas, he actually has multiple personality's that are unique individuals with their own set of attributes, strengths and flaws, and level on the crazy-o-meter.

So best answer, Batshit, sometimes.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Moon Knight was always my favorite series, but of course when I was younger, when I talked about it with my friends, they'd have no clue who I was talking about.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
528c01591da9c565d692a243c584414f.jpg

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
He's crazy but not as crazy than Jake Lockley. Him, he is a fucking psycho.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The only confirmed thing is that he has multiple personalities think if Bruce Wayne and Batman were actually two different personalities that are aware of each other not just alter egos. Pretty much every modern writer agrees with

Khonsu may or may not be real that's really up to interpretation and it's more murky

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I like to think that Khonshu is real but has much less of an effect on Mark than he likes to think.

Other than that, it's up to the author. The first run had Mark starting to lose it from carrying on he multiple personalities, hopping from one to the other too often and fast. Other authors have been a little more explicit that he's nuts and pushes away all his friends.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The only confirmed thing is that he has multiple personalities think if Bruce Wayne and Batman were actually two different personalities that are aware of each other not just alter egos. Pretty much every modern writer agrees with

Bruce Wayne's mental issues are pedestrian to OG Moon Knight, who back in the classic era was getting confused and worrying his friends because his personalities are all going in their own seperate directions which were destroying Mark's life. He's more like Two-Face than Batman, but you're right that they know of each other.

This gets turned up to eleven with Bendis' run.

Khonsu may or may not be real that's really up to interpretation and it's more murky

Yup, I like when they get ambiguous with that.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What is a good moon knight graphic novel to start with?
Definitely check out "From the Dead".
20898006.jpg

Though he's got plenty of good runs. "The Bottom" is gritty and visceral like few other comics at the time.
511%2BodMDQgL._SX289_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And the early Moon Knight run set the stage for everything remains incredibly atmospheric.
990605.jpg