• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a random question, perhaps, but one I've been curious about. I love the guy either way, as he's a fun character to watch generally. That said, while he's a gag character obviously in that he's all hot air, I always saw part of the joke as that he was something akin to a real life world champion placed in the Dragon Ball universe/multiverse. He DID win the Tenkaichi Budokai during the gap when the main cast didn't care about such things, yeah? But IIRC some of the filler stuff I haven't seen may undermine that accomplishment?

So yeah, how much is Satan weak in general, versus just being weak compared to the crazy standards of Dragon Ball?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weaker than namu, giren, king chappa, bora, general blue, and most other 'normal' martial artists from early dragon ball.

Weaker than ep 1 Goku

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's way above peak human but he can't use ki at all so he's weaker than basically any of the other good guys, even someone like Videl.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
He can handle Goku with ease. Truly the savior of our universe.

tumblr_ny5fhwShWs1sbbgplo1_500.gif

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a random question, perhaps, but one I've been curious about. I love the guy either way, as he's a fun character to watch generally. That said, while he's a gag character obviously in that he's all hot air, I always saw part of the joke as that he was something akin to a real life world champion placed in the Dragon Ball universe/multiverse. He DID win the Tenkaichi Budokai during the gap when the main cast didn't care about such things, yeah? But IIRC some of the filler stuff I haven't seen may undermine that accomplishment?

So yeah, how much is Satan weak in general, versus just being weak compared to the crazy standards of Dragon Ball?

According to Toriyama, he became a world champion through a combination of considerable power and good luck (his rival fighting opponent would get food poisoning, for instance).

It's unclear whether the food poisoning is just coincidence or whether Satan actively went and poisoned their food to win.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The man single-handedly defeated Cell and saved the world and you're calling him a gag character?!?

He's obviously the most powerful character in all of dragon ball. Like come on this isn't even up for debate.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
He's very strong by our normal human standards, though Videl was a better fighter than him even before she learned ki.(according to Gohan)

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would think he should be a decent fighter, but weaker than day 1 Goku Stronger than day 1 krilin.
I would think maybe almost day 1 yamcha.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
Based off the science of Power Levels, Mr. Satan is about as strong as a relaxed Master Roshi.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
in the manga he is legit the strongest man on tthr planet that isn't part of the main cast, he just happens to be outclassed by guys like yamcha and kuririn.

in the anime if I remember correctly they added some filler that shows like he became champion by pure luck.

he is still stronger than the average real life human by a mile...

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
He's far stronger than any real life human.

But weaker than even "regular" humans like Namu from Dragon Ball.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Satan could have been a real, serious martial artist. The reason he's a coward and a cheater is because Mercenary Tao brutally murdered his master and scared him for life.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It depends entirely on whether or not you think the martial artists that showed up to the tournaments during the Mr Satan years were weaker than the ones that fought in classic Dragon Ball.

I don't think there's any reason they would be, given that they were largely just random fighters from all over the world that wanted to prove they were the strongest. Therefore, Mr Satan could probably throw down with people like Nam and Man Wolf and King Chappa given his repeated wins.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
About as strong as a what could be considered a normal martial artist could be that doesn't use KI. Way back in DB, Master Roshi already said that Goku, Krillin. etc... were basically freaks of nature.

Oct 25, 2017
Could he use the dragon balls to wish himself as strong as goku? Can I have that happen so I can see Mr. Satan on a real power trip??

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
From what I understand he won his first world tournament fairly between Goku and pals being on Namek and fighting the Androids. So at that time I'd say peak human lacking the ability to use ki meaning slightly weaker than Videl. I think it's to be assumed that after his initial success he grew cocky and probably used tricks and cheated a little to keep winning the title. Because he wasn't training and fighting seriously he became weaker.

If anything Mr. Satan has an incredible amount of luck which can off set any power level.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
It depends entirely on whether or not you think the martial artists that showed up to the tournaments during the Mr Satan years were weaker than the ones that fought in classic Dragon Ball.

I don't think there's any reason they would be, given that they were largely just random fighters from all over the world that wanted to prove they were the strongest. Therefore, Mr Satan could probably throw down with people like Nam and Man Wolf and King Chappa given his repeated wins.

Considering we saw the normal entrants at the World Tournament with Supreme Kai and they were all trash, I don't know how you can assume that. Namu would annihilate people like Jewel.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Above average human. Strong enough to mess with no namers but anyone who looks like they could be somebody in the Dragon Ball world could probably stomp him hard.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would think he should be a decent fighter, but weaker than day 1 Goku Stronger than day 1 krilin.
I would think maybe almost day 1 yamcha.

Day 1 goku and krillin were running 8-11 second 100m dashes. At the crack of dawn, they were doing marathon milk deliveries by foot over a 300 person island, then l, after breakfast and before lunch, tilling acres of farm plots without any tools.

And day 2 onwards they wore 40kg shells the whole time

No way could Mr Satan do that

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Actually, the minions of the original King Piccolo murdered all the strong fighters who participated in the world tournament. They got resurrected by the Dragon Balls but they retired from fighting (probably got scared for life). So the fighters who showed up in later tournaments were definitely weaker.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 goku and krillin were running 8-11 second 100m dashes. At the crack of dawn, they were doing marathon milk deliveries by foot over a 300 person island, then l, after breakfast and before lunch, tilling acres of farm plots without any tools.

And day 2 onwards they wore 40kg shells the whole time

No way could Mr Satan do that
But remember day 1 krilin was weaker than those aprentice dudes from his old dojo

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Satan could beat this entire forum up.

Yamcha could beat this entire forum up.

The guy who's only gimmick was that he stunk really really bad could beat this entire forum up.

Just because you ain't Saiyan strong, don't mean you ain't strong at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Satan nearly saved the world with the power of friendship and love, isn't that even stronger than throwing a punch?

Status
Not open for further replies.