• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
They have done amazing job, bringing family together. Its up to us to keep it good.

How many have already been banned?

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait did you use to post in the Wii board back in the day? That icon and the username seem familiar....

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Apart from the great team and community, the transparency here is appreciated

malyse

Community Resetter
Great work by everyone that threw this together. I personally can't say that I was a big time GAFer as I was always more of an IGN poster for many many years, and the early years for me were great as people were more interested in talking about games, discussing games and debating them with open minds to where it wasn't just a slug fest.

This board reminds me of the older days when forums were great for debating and discussions but kept to a standard where you might butt heads a bit, but nobody was out for blood and out to simply put folks down for games they like and or dislike.

So just wanted to say keep it up, the formula here is great and will make way for alot of great gaming news and discussions.
You and Dude Abides confuse the fuck outta me.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to admit, I was hesitant to join here cause I thought this place would be just about politics and people trying to get each other banned for not agreeing with the majority. I was wrong. The discussions here have been great. Seems like all the good stuff I liked about Gaf moved here & got better, while the stuff I didn't like has been taken down a few levels or isnt even on here. This place has been fantastic. Hope it continues that and keeps getting better.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
It really has been. I still need to properly respond to a few PMs tonight and tomorrow (as I've been a bit late on them), but I thoroughly enjoy the conversations in private and in public. It's just a friendly, positive environment on here.

markavacado

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda hard to believe (heh) just how fast the community was able to recover and regroup. Hats off to the mod team, admins, and our community manager. Home never looked so slick.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Seriously, already one of the best forums on the internet. The amount of work you've done in the short time RE has been online has been extraordinary.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I look at like GameFAQs or the comments on pretty much any webpage, I feel a tinge of gratefulness for the ResetERA community.

Great work by everyone that threw this together. I personally can't say that I was a big time GAFer as I was always more of an IGN poster for many many years, and the early years for me were great as people were more interested in talking about games, discussing games and debating them with open minds to where it wasn't just a slug fest.

This board reminds me of the older days when forums were great for debating and discussions but kept to a standard where you might butt heads a bit, but nobody was out for blood and out to simply put folks down for games they like and or dislike.

So just wanted to say keep it up, the formula here is great and will make way for alot of great gaming news and discussions.

lel fuk u

blizzink

Oct 27, 2017
The notification system has been really nice. It also makes me think more about my posts, since I become more aware of the replies to them.

Gorgamel

Oct 25, 2017
I personally can't say that I was a big time GAFer as I was always more of an IGN poster for many many years, and the early years for me were great as people were more interested in talking about games, discussing games and debating them with open minds to where it wasn't just a slug fest.

I actually remember you from the old IGNBoard days. And I also agree completely.

I was a big lurker at GAF, but never was compelled to post there much. It's completely different (better) here. Mostly the community and climate here is more pleasant. Having a much more feature rich forum platform is the icing on the cake.

Marjorine

Oct 27, 2017
This is an excellent place for discussion. Very happy with how it turned out and grateful to those putting in all the hard work to make it happen.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. The general vibe here is incredibly positive and friendly.

When the previous forum went down the tubes, I thought my days of being part of an online community were over, and the entire Resetera team certainly proved wrong.

Thank you for your hard work guys. Love you resettlers.

Edit: Holy shit dark theme era looks great.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We pretty much did this;

2iGQczO.gif

Pixel Grotto

Oct 27, 2017
So far it's been nice on here. Love the purple theme (SNES vibes) and the quality of life features on this forum are excellent. So much better than before.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Yup, it's great and thanks to everyone involved in creating this new place for us to migrate to.

Agreed. The general vibe here is incredibly positive and friendly.

When the previous forum went down the tubes, I thought my days of being part of an online community were over, and the entire Resetera team certainly proved wrong.

Thank you for your hard work guys. Love you resettlers.

This right here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like how 99% of my interactions have been great, and the few bad ones we were able to discuss it and come to terms like adults. Definitely not the usual forum experience. Much more positive.

Reiner

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
It has honestly been such a great change. The team has completely exceeded my expectations with all of the updates and transparency.

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
The craziest part to me is that this forum is only like 2 weeks old. If you just randomly stumbled across this forum, you'd be sure it had been running for years with how well it's all running and how active it is.