• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
The new swing vote would be John Roberts, who has some consideration towards making the courts look legitimate. So he'll make sure there's some sliver left over to say previous decisions are not technically completely overturned.

Otherwise, we're fucked.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Panic time is if RBG dies. Right now it's get angry, protest, disrupt, and vote.

Nah man, panic time was when this fascist shithead was elected, now we are all along for the ride and if you want a purview of the destination and sights and sounds, I ask you to look towards history unapologetically and without a hint of bias then answer me, honestly, that it is not time to panic?

Everything is coming down around our ears and people still want decorum, at this rate if we keep waiting we won't be able to do anything.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Get motived. Start voting. Take over Congress, the Senate, and the presidency. Don't just give up.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
With people like you that give up so easily yes it actually might be.

What are we supposed to count on anymore? The healing power of common decency? When the deck is this stacked against basic sanity, what's the point in even pretending the ship can be put back on the right course?

I'm sorry, but with every new revelation, and every new development in this nightmare of an administration, I find it less and less likely that the blue wave is going to do shit to help us. At best they'll be able to slow the bleeding, but it's going to take decades to repair the damage that's already been done, much less the damage that WILL be done once Trump gets ANOTHER arch-conservative SC pick.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. People need to suck it up and admit responsibility.
We're at fault here. We're the ones that made this happen.

But they never will and politicians won't press the issue because they still want those peoples votes. Personal Responsibility and facing the consequences of your actions is a completely alien concept to most Americans.

People say don't be defeatist, but it's so hard sometimes when shit like this happens, because you know even when the democrats take control again, they won't have the spine to do half of what the gop does. I guarantee you if RBG dies before 2020, even if we control the senate then they won't block trumps nominee. They still cravenly cling to civility even throwing a member of their own party under the bus because she said it wasn't a bad thing that happened to trumps propaganda minister, and people think these people will have the stones to pack the court? There's a joke.

IM donating and volunteering for Beto down in Texas, but at this point I think it's just going to stem the bleeding a little bit. More and more I feel this country is truly fucked.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
What exactly is the rationale behind lifetime appointments for SC judges, rather than say fixed-term appointments of 10 or even 20 years?

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
We can't.

The gop had a majority in the Senate to ignore Obama's nominees.

They also removed the filibuster for court appointments.

Kennedy is retiring at the end of July.

The only option is to literally illegally cleanse the courts or to stack them by increasing the count somewhere down the line after the democrats control both legislative chambers and the WH

I had originally said that the next President should exhaust his Executive Orders privilege to undo as much of Trump's policies as possible since legislative means would take too long. Now, only way to fix this is if the next POTUS is a straight up dictator.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's times like these that I'd like to really thank you for doing all that you could, in your little corners of the world, to make sure that the 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee was viewed as unfavorably as possible by anyone who would listen.

Yeoman's work.
I voted for her LMAO FOH

If you wanna piss and moan about my lack of die hard support for her, take that fucking shit to PM

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's too soon to start talking about a replacement. Call us in 2020.

If Democrats do anything other than play hardball, drag every nominee through the mud, delay, or generally make this appointment hell, I'm not voting. There's no reason to vote on a party that will not fight tooth and nail, even in a losing battle.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
OK, Dems- its now time to fight tooth and nail to delay any confirmations until at least the mid terms- afterall, the GOP shot down Obama's last appointment, and delayed naming anyone else for the better part of the year (just because it was Obamas last year, which was total BS, just because its the last year of a presidential term, it doesn't make it count any less, I sure as shit never understood to this day how this was remotely legal and why there wasn't a stronger fight against it)

But, since THAT happened there has GOT to be precedent to at least hold this shit off until after mid-terms, when there could potentially be new demographics in congress to keep whoever Trump appoints in check. I would demand Merrick Garland be given another shot.
Nope. The opportunity was the 2014 midterms, then the 2016 elections.

Dems fucked it up. There is no "now is time to fight". Now is time when the chickens come home to roost. This is when people lean the hard way why "vote or die" was an accurate voter awareness campaign. This shit is years in the making and can't be microwave fixed because you are suddenly motivated to...talk more on the internet. If you or anyone else cared, they would have been helping get out the vote in the last 2 elections. We're here now because your current motivation and enthusiasm (not you personally, but in general) was absent when it needed to be.

This shit is making me angry. It's like watching people complain that the crops aren't good during harvest season without consideration for the poorly executed planting season...then wondering why we can't just plant some crops now and eat next week. It's just sad to watch. And frustrating.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Understandable yes, but he still leans slightly moderate. How if you had even an ounce of integrity in your bones could you let this happen knowing the long term effects? It's fucking mind blowing.

There are no moderate Republicans anymore. If 2016 wasn't the final nail in that coffin, this certainly was.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this seals it, there will definitely be a civil war or some kind in the next few decades.

I want so badly to leave this shit hole country...

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Just last night after reading a ton of threads on the Gorsuch seat stealing I was genuinely worried about RBG and then this happens. I'm honestly just astounded that the stupid fucker from the Apprentice has this much control on the future of this country. We are beyond fucked.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
World could literally be on fire and they'll be all "chill you're just overreacting."

People feel that because our modern era is at the end of history textbooks, means they don't live in history and the struggle is over. Nah. The Civil Rights movement never ended. We need to take this shit seriously.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Covered already but I just wanted to say my piece for myself:

Fuck each and every one of you who didn't vote for Hillary on "principle" or stayed home. We needed you.