• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
We'll find out soon enough, won't we?

This was always going to be a political fight, unless grievous crimes were committed. Now we will find out how it fares in the court of public opinion, the very same public that has let us all down and elected this idiot in the first place.
Grievous crimes *were* committed, Mueller specifically stated he was choosing NOT to charge, and that Congress can charge him. He even goes out of his way to say if he's not charged in office, he can be indicted after. Why do you think he added that in?

Also "find out soon enough". This is the least popular president in modern history and his approval just shrank 3 points the day after the report. It's not "in the bag" obviously because these things very rarely are, but you're having a view that is even more cynical than our actual reality presents.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I think it's in response to moving the goalpost from collusion to obstruction.
Personally I'm glad these prosecutions and investigations are happening, and I hope Congress moves to impeach based on Trump's behavior during the investigation. But the Putin's Puppet bullshit needs to be put to rest.
Yeah he's less if a puppet and more of a lap dog

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I'm a little surprised that we're acting like Bill Clinton's experience with impeachment is going to be repeated when the real comparison is to Nixon (except that Trump is more feckless).

Here's a report that shows tremendous examples of self-dealing, blatant corruption, intimidation, de facto witness tampering, and a wink and a nudge and a dare to impeach. And the last time a Republican president was facing something this grave, how did it end? He resigned (I know Donald won't), his successor who wasn't directly tainted by the scent of scandal (Gerald Ford was appointed to the vice presidency) nevertheless pardoned him, and the Republicans paid a price.

Ford had an advantage in that he wasn't directly implicated, and he was still defeated on his own because he denied America catharsis from the Nixon experience. And even if Trump is removed, President Pence would at least have to ask why in the hell he he was willing to debase himself for one of the most unrepentant sinners of the age. Did Mike Pence commit a crime? Maybe not. Did he aid and abet a criminal-ass Administration? Yup.

So did the representatives and senators that acquiesce to this government. They debase themselves to defend a man they know was corrupting the office beyond belief. Throw Out the Crooks 2020.

That's what makes this dicey.

1. Nixon was horrified by how history would see him (he was a history buff) and what damage he'd done to the office and the country. Deep down, he was a functional human. Individual-1 is CLEARLY not.

2. Watergate was a 100% Executive Branch scandal. The Congressional GOP became horrified by what Nixon also did to their reelection chances. Burr's WH briefings of FBI doings ALONE throws that firewall out.

3. Nixon did not have a Machine Behind the Scene consisting of teams of rat-fuckers, spin doctors, sociopaths, crooked media moguls, Russian spy agencies, cutouts, mob blackmailers, and military officers working behind the scenes to keep him afloat for their own motives. Individual-1 does.

Luckily, the power of the last one is ebbing, but the first two stand, with the 2nd clearly going to grow in the future. We must be careful and focused.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You're skewing reality cynically again. 47% thought he was guilty of obstruction even before this report, vs 39% who didn't.

Only data I can see, post report release, is that 52% of the country believes that the Dems should continue investigations... Nevermind the question that he should be impeached or that he is guilty of an impeachable offense.

Where are you getting the data from?

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
Only data I can see, post report release, is that 52% of the country believes that the Dems should continue investigations... Nevermind the question that he should be impeached or that he is guilty of an impeachable offense.

Where are you getting the data from?
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/26/trump-mueller-poll-obstruction-1238013
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...icans-say-trump-has-tried-to-obstruct-mueller
https://www.businessinsider.com/most-americans-believe-trump-obstructed-justice-2018-2

I said this was before the report release. Do you somehow think this number will have gone *down*, even though a lot of these high numbers came out after Barr "cleared" him of obstruction?

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how all the non-verified fake bot accounts are all bleach-blond women.

"I am to be sexy american blond woman who is also patriot. Thanks to you, Mr. President, for to twisting tables on those who attack you and Putin and the great peoples of Russia. On today, day of anniversary viewing Christian party chairman's state execution, many blessings from God rationed to you!

In actuality, the tip off they aren't real Trump MAGA voters is that their spelling and grammar are TOO GOOD! lol

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
Oh my God he was a Campaign Chairman for Trump, and Trump couldn't even conclusively state he didn't know Manfort was doing it! And now we're only allowed to be upset if Trump personally told him directly to do this? He was Trump's guy.

If Hillary's campaign chairman did the same thing, you'd just say "Well Hillary hired them but she's not responsible if they give away internal polling information to a hostile foreign nation"? What kind of crazy logic is that? Also yes we should tackle all of those things but our current president's team aided in an attack on our election, and says he "can't recall" if he was aware of this. Why do you not care??

I think the question of why I don't care is a good one.

I think the reason I don't care is because blaming the "Russians" for Trump winning the presidential election seems based in fantastical speculation _while_ there are causes I find seriously concerning that I feel should be given more credit. To list some: racism fueled by Fox News, the DNC's dependence on presenting themselves as nothing more that capable bureaucrats in a militant empire, CNN boosting Trump as a primary candidate because it sells ads, market-fundamentalism as the religion of the country...
Inflating the influence of Putin while addressing all this other stuff feels much more important to me makes me actively not care about some Facebook campaign by Russian spies and polling data that got put in a foreign government's hands.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remember it's bannable to say the president should slash his throat ad pull out his tongue

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
I think the question of why I don't care is a good one.

I think the reason I don't care is because blaming the "Russians" for Trump winning the presidential election seems based in fantastical speculation _while_ there are causes I find seriously concerning that I feel should be given more credit. To list some: racism fueled by Fox News, the DNC's dependence on presenting themselves as nothing more that capable bureaucrats in a militant empire, CNN boosting Trump as a primary candidate because it sells ads, market-fundamentalism as the religion of the country...
Inflating the influence of Putin while addressing all this other stuff feels much more important to me makes me actively not care about some Facebook campaign by Russian spies and polling data that got put in a foreign government's hands.
So, because there are also other bad things, you don't care about presidential campaigns aiding in foreign nations disrupting our elections. Even though Russians organized rallies in the US, reached 126 MILLION people through targeted ads, started entire movements via social media, and even directly hacked voting registries. FFS, election systems in ALL 50 STATES were compromised by Russians according to DHS and the FBI!

Do we know exactly how much this affected the election? No. Should we do nothing because we don't know? Absolutely not. We need to punish the people involved, and send a message that a president's team should not aid foreign, hostile nations with interfering with our elections. If we do not hold people accountable, we are giving a signal to other nations that it's free game to mess with our elections because we won't do anything.

clyde_

Nov 2, 2017
So, because there are also other bad things, you don't care about presidential campaigns aiding in foreign nations disrupting our elections. Even though Russians organized rallies in the US, reached 126 MILLION people through targeted ads, started entire movements via social media, and even directly hacked voting registries. FFS, election systems in ALL 50 STATES were compromised by Russians according to DHS and the FBI!

Do we know exactly how much this affected the election? No. Should we do nothing because we don't know? Absolutely not. We need to punish the people involved, and send a message that a president's team should not aid foreign, hostile nations with interfering with our elections. If we do not hold people accountable, we are giving a signal to other nations that it's free game to mess with our elections because we won't do anything.

Maybe you are right and committing the television news-cycle to Trump's willingness to accept Putin's help would not diminish attention to the problems I listed. This might just be how I see things.

I am curious about these things you are saying though. What movements did the Russians start? And when you say registries were hacked, does that mean there is evidence that something was changed in them? Or did they just peek?
Either way, it sounds like we should secure our election-process, not only by prosecuting those who hack it, but also by designing and implementing it better. I mean look at what the GOP did in North Carolina.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...harged-in-election-fraud-scheme-idUSKCN1QG2FS

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
Maybe you are right and committing the television news-cycle to Trump's willingness to accept Putin's help would not diminish attention to the problems I listed. This might just be how I see things.

I am curious about these things you are saying though. What movements did the Russians start? And when you say registries were hacked, does that mean there is evidence that something was changed in them? Or did they just peek?
Either way, it sounds like we should secure our election-process, not only by prosecuting those who hack it, but also by designing and implementing it better. I mean look at what the GOP did in North Carolina.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...harged-in-election-fraud-scheme-idUSKCN1QG2FS
A lot of the info related to this in the report is redacted, so we don't have all the information, but what we have is still damning. Mueller says "The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion."

They organized full on rallies in the US via the internet, some of which got hundreds of people participating. They successfully recruited people to participate in political stunts. They pushed conspiracy movements like Qanon, which is continuously growing in support amongst Trump's base.

As for whether or not anything was changed with voting registries, I think we don't know. "We understand the FBI believes that this operation enabled the GRU to gain access to the network of at least one Florida county government. The Office did not independently verify that belief and, as explained above, did not undertake the investigative steps that would have been necessary to do so."

Obviously we should do everything possible to secure our elections. However, anyone saying Trump and Russia had nothing to do with each other has their heads in the sand. They repeatedly helped each other out, with Trump promoting IRA content and IRA promoting Trump content, as well as Trump accepting and inviting Russian assistance.

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little surprised that we're acting like Bill Clinton's experience with impeachment is going to be repeated when the real comparison is to Nixon (except that Trump is more feckless).

Here's a report that shows tremendous examples of self-dealing, blatant corruption, intimidation, de facto witness tampering, and a wink and a nudge and a dare to impeach. And the last time a Republican president was facing something this grave, how did it end? He resigned (I know Donald won't), his successor who wasn't directly tainted by the scent of scandal (Gerald Ford was appointed to the vice presidency) nevertheless pardoned him, and the Republicans paid a price.

Ford had an advantage in that he wasn't directly implicated, and he was still defeated on his own because he denied America catharsis from the Nixon experience. And even if Trump is removed, President Pence would at least have to ask why in the hell he he was willing to debase himself for one of the most unrepentant sinners of the age. Did Mike Pence commit a crime? Maybe not. Did he aid and abet a criminal-ass Administration? Yup.

So did the representatives and senators that acquiesce to this government. They debase themselves to defend a man they know was corrupting the office beyond belief. Throw Out the Crooks 2020.
Thank you.

The real comparison should be Nixon.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
House will impeach but Senate will overturn and Trump will go on about "winning," and people will be energized to vote for him again. Without removal, impeachment will probably just get us 4 more years of Trump (at this point).

Republicans impeached Clinton in the House and look what happened.

Yup, and again with Hilary mishandling her email and testify before Congress. After finding nothing the GOP where so embarrassed and lost the 2016 election.

/s

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
They must impeach.... if you think people voted the house in to just sit back and let trump run through his term like nothing is wrong, you are crazy. This is one of the reasons certain people got into office. Hell Talib said that is what she was going to Washington to do.

If they do not air out this guy's laundry and let the idiots like Jim Jordan and those other republicans smile and joke on CNN about the FBI being the problem, then you can just hand 2020 to trump

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Yup, and again with Hilary mishandling her email and testify before Congress. After finding nothing the GOP where so embarrassed and lost the 2016 election.

/s
I don't see the comparison.

But I have changed my mind. The idea of learning the complete truth about his dirty laundry is enough to sway me, even if the Senate won't remove him. I support impeachment.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Give it up guys. Hannity says so.

Something sure comes off unethical about using 20+ mins of propaganda video on the official President Twitter page... but hey using that 9/11 video was much worse... so I shouldn't be surprised.

Also from one of the replies.

D:

D4jT7_XUIAAhSIW

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
The Mueller Report totally vindicates and exonerates me, and also The Crazy Mueller Report is full of lies and fabrications about me

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Give it up guys. Hannity says so.

I still don't get how this level of false shit is allowed to be aired and shared on social media.

From the small exerts I've read from other people who have gone through the giant report, Mueller did not indict Trump due to him following the law to a "T". It wasn't for him to bring charges (why the fuck isn't this being blasted 24/7?) and instead provided Congress examples of the idiot obstructing the law to which Congress was to act or being about the charges itself.

I hope Dems do what republicans do and print out giant posters with quotes of the report and put it up on their conference rooms. Like instead of putting bullshit, they could put that to good use.

Also Dems when they bring in Mueller, they better make a point of this shit.

I'm tired of the right spreading lies and making it seem Trump is innocent. We need to be loud as fuck on the left.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
The Mueller Report totally vindicates and exonerates me, and also The Crazy Mueller Report is full of lies and fabrications about me

Well, to be fair, the Mueller report is the truth. Meanwhile, the Crazy Mueller Report cost $100 billion dollars and was led by 34 Angry Democrats and Trump haters.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When you remember that their primary objective is to "own the libs" then it makes sense. Even if they personally realize the shit he did, they would never admit it lest they allow the libs to feel good about anything ever.
Yeah, I've had encounters like this. But even disregarding his base, I'm genuinely struggling to recall a single instance since he's been President where he's actually admitted to any mistakes or general wrongdoing. I was just reading some NYT article, and the author touched on this when discussing Sarah Sanders's defense of lying to reporters:
It has been a hallmark of the Trump White House never to admit a mistake, never to apologize and never to cede a point.

Yeah, I know this isn't anything particularly revelatory, but I just want to see someone really grill Trump on any of his absurd lies and deceit. I know people have questioned him, pushed him on certain issues, but Trump keeps chugging along with his "deny, deny, deny" mantra until the conversation shifts gears. The closest instance I can think of is during the first Presidential debate, when Lester Holt kept pushing back against Trump's claim that he always had been against the Iraq War ("Call Sean Hannity!").

Has Trump always been like this? I've never read The Art Of the Deal, so maybe this has been Trump's golden formula for success all these years. But goddamn do I wish someone would make this bloviating, self-aggrandizing, ignorant asshole speechless.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Yeah, I've had encounters like this. But even disregarding his base, I'm genuinely struggling to recall a single instance since he's been President where he's actually admitted to any mistakes or general wrongdoing. I was just reading some NYT article, and the author touched on this when discussing Sarah Sanders's defense of lying to reporters:
It has been a hallmark of the Trump White House never to admit a mistake, never to apologize and never to cede a point.

Yeah, I know this isn't anything particularly revelatory, but I just want to see someone really grill Trump on any of his absurd lies and deceit. I know people have questioned him, pushed him on certain issues, but Trump keeps chugging along with his "deny, deny, deny" mantra until the conversation shifts gears. The closest instance I can think of is during the first Presidential debate, when Lester Holt kept pushing back against Trump's claim that he always had been against the Iraq War ("Call Sean Hannity!").

Has Trump always been like this? I've never read The Art Of the Deal, so maybe this has been Trump's golden formula for success all these years. But goddamn do I wish someone would make this bloviating, self-aggrandizing, ignorant asshole speechless.
It sounds like his parents were eugenics freaks that taught him to think about litterally everything as a survival of the fittest competition, and so apologies are seen as an admission of defeat. Everything in his life makes a lot of sense looking through that lense. I don't know if he ever said to never apologize, but he definitely never was one to do so.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe after all this it will show that Fox news itself is in Harm to ongoing matter and they can shut that shit down.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe after all this it will show that Fox news itself is in Harm to ongoing matter and they can shut that shit down.

I think Fox News have proven itself far too valuable to Business and Republican interests to ever shut down. They know they can use it to rile up their audience about hating on Democrat something, to hand-wave away from whatever they're doing to actually screw over their supporters. Fox News is really amazing at making people not care about things actually happening to them as long as they worry about Foreign Hypotheticals instead.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Yeah, I've had encounters like this. But even disregarding his base, I'm genuinely struggling to recall a single instance since he's been President where he's actually admitted to any mistakes or general wrongdoing.

He did apologize for the grab em by the pussy thing.

Not that that disproves your point or anything as it's the one and only instance of him ever apologizing and he's even backpedaled on it and claimed the whole thing was faked.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He did apologize for the grab em by the pussy thing.

Not that that disproves your point or anything as it's the one and only instance of him ever apologizing and he's even backpedaled on it and claimed the whole thing was faked.
Ahh... I do remember him whatabout'ing w/ Bill Clinton, but kinda forgot about the initial apology. It was so late in the campaign cycle when that occurred; I guess his knee-jerk reaction was to express some semblance of remorse (maybe he does have a heart?)*

But yeah, the fact that he backpedaled and didn't have a stance on the situation beforehand (due to it being unearthed archived footage) sorta delineates it from what I'm talking about. Like, if someone confronted and pressed him on the matter now that he's backpedaled, I'd be really interested in seeing his reaction to that. His responses to these sorts of things are so binary and programmed--I wonder whether he'd malfunction when presented with so much mounting evidence disproving prior statements.

lol

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Because Mueller believes this is something that needs to go to Congress via Impeachment.

New Wapo story out right now. Barr and the DOJ expected Mueller to issue both a conclusion on obstruction and collusion but he stunned them all in a Meeting in early March when he told them he was finishing up. The reason is had Mueller issued conclusion then due to the rules changing in 99 Barr would have authority to override the conclusions and be the last word on the matter. Mueller outplayed them all and left all the evidence on the table and used his congress/impeachment card. Barr and Trump got outplayed. The story needs its own thread really.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Ahh... I do remember him whatabout'ing w/ Bill Clinton, but kinda forgot about the initial apology. It was so late in the campaign cycle when that occurred; I guess his knee-jerk reaction was to express some semblance of remorse (maybe he does have a heart?)*

But yeah, the fact that he backpedaled and didn't have a stance on the situation beforehand (due to it being unearthed archived footage) sorta delineates it from what I'm talking about. Like, if someone confronted and pressed him on the matter now that he's backpedaled, I'd be really interested in seeing his reaction to that. His responses to these sorts of things are so binary and programmed--I wonder whether he'd malfunction when presented with so much mounting evidence disproving prior statements.
I'm reminded of Fareed Zakaria, soon after the clown illegally stole the Presidency:

"I think the president is somewhat indifferent to things that are true or false," said Zakaria. "He has spent his whole life bullshittting. He has succeeded by bullshittting. He has gotten the presidency by bullshitting. It's very hard to tell somebody at that point that bullshit doesn't work, because look at the results, right? But that's what he does — he sees something, he doesn't particularly care if it's true or not, he just puts it out there. And then he puts something else out. … When pushed on it, he doesn't take responsibility: 'I wasn't saying that, I was just quoting somebody else.'"

The French Ambassador to the US just retired. In an outgoing interview he described Obama as "a bit arrogant", but also, "somebody who every night was going to bed with 60-page briefings and the next day they were sent back annotated by the president." He described Trump as "a big mouth, who reads basically nothing or nearly nothing, with the interagency process totally broken and decisions taken from the hip basically."

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Wapo story out right now. Barr and the DOJ expected Mueller to issue both a conclusion on obstruction and collusion but he stunned them all in a Meeting in early March when he told them he was finishing up. The reason is had Mueller issued conclusion then due to the rules changing in 99 Barr would have authority to override the conclusions and be the last word on the matter. Mueller outplayed them all and left all the evidence on the table and used his congress/impeachment card. Barr and Trump got outplayed. The story needs its own thread really.
Yeah, definitely thread it up, holy crap.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm reminded of Fareed Zakaria, soon after the clown illegally stole the Presidency:

"I think the president is somewhat indifferent to things that are true or false," said Zakaria. "He has spent his whole life bullshittting. He has succeeded by bullshittting. He has gotten the presidency by bullshitting. It's very hard to tell somebody at that point that bullshit doesn't work, because look at the results, right? But that's what he does — he sees something, he doesn't particularly care if it's true or not, he just puts it out there. And then he puts something else out. … When pushed on it, he doesn't take responsibility: 'I wasn't saying that, I was just quoting somebody else.'"

The French Ambassador to the US just retired. In an outgoing interview he described Obama as "a bit arrogant", but also, "somebody who every night was going to bed with 60-page briefings and the next day they were sent back annotated by the president." He described Trump as "a big mouth, who reads basically nothing or nearly nothing, with the interagency process totally broken and decisions taken from the hip basically."
<3

Oct 25, 2017

Reading it now. Wow. It really does seem like the investigation ended becuase of Barr's fuckery.

"Mueller's team concluded that also meant they could not accuse the president of a crime, even in secret internal documents, the report said."

It's clear Mueller was being very careful here so that there is a chance that Trump would see some repercussion for his actions. Given this story, it is even more clear that impeachment proceedings need to begin. It is obvious that had Mueller been allowed to charge Trump, he likely would have.

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's amazing just how shitty Barr is. How quickly he became one of my most hated Republicans along side somebody like McConnell. He's corrupt to the core and almost pulled a fast one on the American public and our Democracy just to protect Donald Trump of all people.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

It's not about starting movements, it's about exploiting pre-existing 'isms' and biases. I agree with you that you can't say 'ze russians, when large amount of the populace hates immigrants, believes in flat earth, and feel that a woman's place is in the kitchen' all on their own.

However, we can't deny that making up more militant BLM orgs for right-media bate, creating bots to attack and corrupt serious discourse on social media, and creating literal fake news isn't an issue. Propaganda' doesn't change someone's mind on it's own, but it does help guide people down path's. Thus, why once a week there's a 'my parent is addicted to foxnews and now they are a nazi' posts and variations of.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Reading it now. Wow. It really does seem like the investigation ended becuase of Barr's fuckery.

"Mueller's team concluded that also meant they could not accuse the president of a crime, even in secret internal documents, the report said."

It's clear Mueller was being very careful here so that there is a chance that Trump would see some repercussion for his actions. Given this story, it is even more clear that impeachment proceedings need to begin. It is obvious the had Mueller been allowed to charge Trump, he likely would have.

Yeah he's clearly placed the onus on congress there is no question of that now I get it's a lot for the Dems to take in but there is a plan here and they are part of it.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
We will see what Mueller tells when he testifies. That's when we know the truth. I hope he will come back a few times. Because there are many things that are not explained yet.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYT put out an article going over a specific part of this. Mueller Report Reveals Trump's Fixation on Using Law Enforcement to Target Clinton

Attorney General Jeff Sessions had a tenuous hold on his job when President Trump called him at home in the middle of 2017. The president had already blamed him for recusing himself from investigations related to the 2016 election, sought his resignation and belittled him in private and on Twitter.

Now, Mr. Trump had another demand: He wanted Mr. Sessions to reverse his recusal and order the prosecution of Hillary Clinton.
"The 'gist' of the conversation," according to the report by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, quoting Mr. Sessions, "was that the president wanted Sessions to unrecuse from 'all of it.'"

Mr. Mueller's report released last week brimmed with examples of Mr. Trump seeking to protect himself from the investigation. But his request of Mr. Sessions — and two similar ones detailed in the report — stands apart because it shows Mr. Trump trying to wield the power of law enforcement to target a political rival, a step that no president since Richard M. Nixon is known to have taken.
And at the time Mr. Trump pressured Mr. Sessions, the president was already under investigation for potentially obstructing justice and knew that his top aides and cabinet members were being interviewed in that inquiry.

Mr. Trump wanted Mrs. Clinton investigated for her use of a private email server to conduct government business while secretary of state, the report said, even though investigators had examined her conduct and declined to bring charges in a case closed in 2016.
No evidence has emerged that Mr. Sessions ever ordered the case reopened. Like many of Mr. Trump's aides, as laid out in the report and other accounts, Mr. Sessions instead declined to act, preventing Mr. Trump from crossing a line that might have imperiled his presidency.

Instead, Mr. Sessions asked a Justice Department official in November 2017 to review claims by the president and his allies about Mrs. Clinton and the F.B.I.'s handling of the investigation into ties between Mr. Trump's campaign and Russia. The department's inspector general had already been scrutinizing the issues and painted a harsh portrait of the bureau in a report last year but found no evidence that politics had influenced the decision not to prosecute Mrs. Clinton.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017