• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
XtW6iBC.png

Any bets that the name that harms an ongoing matter is Hannity, Sean?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The report states: "Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in the election interference activities."

Even *if* some back room deal happened, proving it was always going to be highly unlikely considering the power a wealthy PotuS has to influence witnesses, pay them off, etc.

The biggest issues for Trump in that report are all the obstruction issues, which in hindsight were not needed and were driven by his own fragile ego and fear of the investigation spreading to his finances, which it didn't.

The report also states that numerous witnesses deleted or encrypted large amounts of communication that they were unable to acquire. It says they weren't able to establish a connection, not that there wasn't any. So given that he tried to obstruct the investigation, that evidence was destroyed, and that links were established, just not direct links, I don't know why you'd just accept that nothing happened.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
why would the indictment take that long?

OLC guidelines which state that any indictment of a sitting president would negatively affect their ability to carry out their constitutional duties. They can't pursue criminal charges against Trump until he leaves office either due to his term limit, being voted out, or impeachment.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
OLC guidelines which state that any indictment of a sitting president would negatively affect their ability to carry out their constitutional duties. They can't pursue criminal charges against Trump until he leaves office either due to his term limit, being voted out, or impeachment.
I know that... which Is why I suggested that dems should wait until SDNY finish their investigation before impeaching. I was more wondering about the timeline of the SDNY investigation itself. I'm sure the SDNY can submit a report to congress in order for them to begin impeachment process.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
Man, all the Mueller report YouTube videos *have* to be being brigaded by trolls right now. (Russian or otherwise) Who the fuck watches VOA? Yet this video, along with all the other trending Mueller report videos, *no matter the content of the video*, is just tons of comments about "MSM lies!" from, I'm sure, real American Joes like "American silverback", complete with a Gadsen flag avatar and no YouTube history.

Listen, I'm not naive enough to think that these are *all* trolls. There's surely real Trumpists out there downvoting this shit. But it sure is fucking suspicious.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The report also states that numerous witnesses deleted or encrypted large amounts of communication that they were unable to acquire. It says they weren't able to establish a connection, not that there wasn't any. So given that he tried to obstruct the investigation, that evidence was destroyed, and that links were established, just not direct links, I don't know why you'd just accept that nothing happened.
So no direct collusion and no proof, as I said. I don't know why you're arguing or talking to me like I'm defending the clown. Even CNN acknowledges the lack of proof of collusion and the serious obstruction issues.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
So no direct collusion and no proof, as I said. I don't know why you're arguing or talking to me like I'm defending the clown. Even CNN acknowledges the lack of proof of collusion and the serious obstruction issues.

I don't mean to come across that way, so I apologize if I am. I get your overall meaning - that what we can point to right now is obstruction, with certainty. I just don't think you should "accept" that there was no collusion. It's really just a matter of semantics, I guess. I recognize that there's no evidence at this time, but I remain incredibly skeptical.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The lack of collusion proof is only because of the high standard required. I.e. handing polling data to Kilimnik isn't collusion, however handing the same info over and telling them what to do with it is.

We all know the Russians didn't need to be told what to do with the data...

There aren't serious obstruction issues, Mueller made it very clear that he could have exonerated the President if the evidence led to that. However, he could not indict no matter what the evidence led to, that's on congress. Can you guess what he did?

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
The lack of collusion proof is only because of the high standard required. I.e. handing polling data to Kilimnik isn't collusion, however handing the same info over and telling them what to do with it is.

We all know the Russians didn't need to be told what to do with the data...
smh... there is no way that the law has a gaping hole this wide. if I hand you a gun and I don't explicitly tell you to shoot my enemies and you shoot my enemies, how is it that I'm not implicated in the crime?

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
smh... there is no way that the law has a gaping hole this wide. if I hand you a gun and I don't explicitly tell you to shoot my enemies and you shoot my enemies, how is it that I'm not implicated in the crime?

Did you read the report? Manafort have Kilimnik polling data (on multiple occasions) and yet, no collusion.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to come across that way, so I apologize if I am. I get your overall meaning - that what we can point to right now is obstruction, with certainty. I just don't think you should "accept" that there was no collusion. It's really just a matter of semantics, I guess. I recognize that there's no evidence at this time, but I remain incredibly skeptical.
There is direct evidence of cooperation though, which is problematic in and of itself. The campaign knowingly and willingly TRIED to get aide from the Russians. That in and of itself is collusion. They couldn't prove a criminal conspiracy with the Russians, I think that's how that needs to be phrased. Collusion isn't a crime (in the legal sense) so they never would've been able to charge anyone with collusion no matter what the findings were.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Your hypothetical implicates entirely different laws. The crime at issue would be handing the gun over which in many cases is a crime regardless of what the gun is later used for.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
There is direct evidence of cooperation though, which is problematic in and of itself. The campaign knowingly and willingly TRIED to get aide from the Russians. That in and of itself is collusion. They couldn't prove a criminal conspiracy with the Russians, I think that's how that needs to be phrased. Collusion isn't a crime (in the legal sense) so they never would've been able to charge anyone with collusion no matter what the findings were.

Yeah, I'm not as versed in the actual law as you'd probably need to be to parse it all out. There is more than enough evidence of some cooperation between the campaign and Russia. The fact that they destroyed evidence and tried to cover it up just makes me think things are even worse than we know. And what we know ISN'T GOOD, not be a long shot. They even have proof that Manafort handed over polling data for battleground states that Trump ultimately won, and that swung the election.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Did you read the report? Manafort have Kilimnik polling data (on multiple occasions) and yet, no collusion.
I was aware of this... it was also a big deal across news outlets when this came out as info during Manafort's trials. something has to change. Yesterday on NPR a former Acting CIA director(can't remember his name) suggested that laws have to change in regards to the bullshit that went on between Russians and trump campaign. In light of what happened, there has to be a more clear definition of what coordination with foreign entities could mean.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
How does it not rise to the level of illegality that trump directed people to obstruct justice, even if they didn't heed his order?

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Collusion isn't a criminal charge with any high standard of proof.

Right, because collusion isn't a crime. Conspiracy against the United States is though. That is what Mueller was investigating.

Edit: I should explain better. They definitely colluded, however, it didn't rise to the level of conspiracy against the United States.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so the report that "completely exonerates Trump" is also a fabrication written by 18 angry democrat Trump haters? 🤔

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Accepted. I think you're getting too focused on specifics. Proving a criminal conspiracy re collusion was always going to incredibly unlikely, even if it happened. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Doesn't really matter now, that ship has sailed, plenty of other things to pin on him. My point all along here was imagine what this report would look like if he hadn't lied and obstructed over and over, because it's the lies and obstruction that everyone is now focusing on.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Right, because collusion isn't a crime. Conspiracy against the United States is though. That is what Mueller was investigating.
Right. So that's the terminology that should be used if talking about standards of proof, as it's pretty obvious he did collude with Russia. Mueller just didn't think there was enough evidence to convict of a crime in a court of law.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Trump won this game. Nothing more to discuss.

Edit: I should explain better. They definitely colluded, however, it didn't rise to the level of conspiracy against the United States.
No, he was investigating obstruction of justice, end there was zero evidence.

Trump won, take the L and vote correctly. Problem is that the majority of the US will vote for him for a second term.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Trump won, take the L and vote correctly. Problem is that the majority of the US will vote for him for a second term.

You have seriously misread the section on obstruction.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
All the slow trickling of facts from the report. Holy shit fuck Barr. What a lackey. Straight up lies. lol
Obviously was getting ahead of the damage and trying to muddy public perception to soften the blow.

Its just...sad...at this point how many jaded Americans got/are getting fooled by this propaganda machine. The possibly sensible ones that are decent need to wake the fuck up.

Colbert was good last night. He eviscerated Barr and Trump in concise form.

Great Watch Thanks for sharing

I'm curious if this was filmed hours after the release or later at night.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The phrase "zero evidence" used in connection with this 400 page report is the dumbest take imaginable.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017

Stop saying this shit. The majority of the US will not vote for him again.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What? There is evidence of obstruction for 10 different instances... And plenty of evidence of collusion (not a crime).

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Dems are calling for Burr's head. I'm more focused on him. He must not get away with the shit he did.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017

No he investigated both the conspiracy with Russia as well as obstruction. That's the whole purpose of why there's two volumes to the report, one for each topic. On the first he found several links but not the "smoking gun" evidence he needed in order for him to claim beyond a reasonable doubt that a conspiracy between the campaign and Russia took place.

On the second, he blatantly makes the statement that if Trump didn't obstruct justice, he would say so. But due to procedure and the laws of the land, he's unable to in the report outright say that obstruction took place, even though he provides evidence of 10 separate instances where Trump attempted to obstruct the investigation, one of them being successful in firing James Comey.

Your take here is blatantly wrong.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It really does feel like the 2020 election is going to be a referendum on whether Americans feel Trump should be charged with crimes and tried or not. If enough Americans still care about rule of law over racism, he'll be a one-term President and face charges once he's out. If racism in America is more important than anything else, the huge rally to re-elect him and get four more years to find a way to avoid charges is going to be all the proof of what America is really about in the 21st century.