• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
In a 1:48 am tweet Tuesday, President Donald Trump decried federal prosecutors' recommendation that a judge to sentence Trump's longtime political adviser Roger Stone to seven-to-nine years in prison. Within hours, Justice Department sources indicated that prosecutors would reverse course and instead propose a shorter prison sentence for Stone, according to several news outlets.

The Justice Department's senior leadership now believes that the initial recommendation was excessive and not proportional to Stone's crimes, Bloomberg reported, citing an unnamed official.
www.motherjones.com

Justice Department recommends lighter sentence for Roger Stone after Trump tweet

Stone prosecutors resign following DOJ reversal.

Here is the tweet:

The Mueller prosecutor now withdraws from the case and has resigned:

Last edited:

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a waste of time to go through this if Trump is going to pardon him anyway. Still fucked up though

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I keep saying it's hard no to lose hope. It's obvious after the shitshow that was the impeachment he and his disgusting friends now feel completely above the law. I just want to hide in a cave for the next decade

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have faith in the election system anymore. You bet your ass I'm going to vote but I honestly expect them to completely fuck with the election now. What's stopping them?
Voter fraud only works in small batches. Erasing stuff in the margins. If its large and egregious then people will get wise to it immediately.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The resignation on principle = good, the resignations and firings piling up to result in only Trump cronies being employed = bad.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I keep saying it's hard no to lose hope. It's obvious after the shitshow that was the impeachment he and his disgusting friends now feel completely above the law. I just want to hide in a cave for the next decade
That's their goal. They want you to lose hope and give up on the process. We cannot let them have that.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
But Susan Collins said...

I want to see the look on the judge's face as they try to backtrack now after Trump's statement.

Oct 25, 2017
It's also clear that resignation doesn't work when the goal is to consolidate power. You need to get your ass fired to make it clear who is pulling the strings and call them out. Making a scene is a better option.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Voter fraud only works in small batches. Erasing stuff in the margins. If its large and egregious then people will get wise to it immediately.
But even if it was blatant, who tf is going to hold them accountable when they can just shrug and say 'Staying president is for the good of the country!'

Sorry for being doom and gloom pessimistic but I literally don't think there is a line anymore.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
News has clarified that he still works for the DoJ, he just resigned as special prosecutor for this case:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Department of Jobbers.

Pathetic how a Trump makes them get down on their knees.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
He doesnt want to be in court for the new sentencing.

I doubt Jackson will change her sentence based on the last minute change to the recommendation. She will probably make everyone who shows up to the hearing twist in the wind and explain why they had a sudden change of heart.

"Uh, the things we charged him with and successfully prosecuted him for are FAKE NEWS and part of a DEEP STATE conspiracy to harm the most successful president EVER through a WITCH HUNT that tries to NULLIFY the 2016 election, which has consequences."

His options were to either resign or call out his coworkers as being full of shit in front of the court.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
But even if it was blatant, who tf is going to hold them accountable when they can just shrug and say 'Staying president is for the good of the country!'

Sorry for being doom and gloom pessimistic but I literally don't think there is a line anymore.
I totally get where you are coming from. They want us to lose hope, that's how they win but we can win in November and begin to work to fix things

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Crime pays.

Vote these bastards out.

I really hope there is good people who have kept a list of all crimes and people this admin has done and are waiting for a Dem sweep to drop the hammer.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ya know, if Trump does lose in November the justice department is going to be so busy locking people up next year. Just non-stop "you go to jail, and you got to jail and you go to jail".

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I totally get where you are coming from. They want us to lose hope, that's how they win but we can win in November and begin to work to fix things
Like I said, I'm still voting. But it's more of a 'might as well try' than a 'my vote will help fix this'

I'm completely and utterly disillusioned. I've been through the justice system as a victim and now seen it manipulated on a national scale to keep a blatantly, openly corrupt party that keeps breaking the law in power. Why the fuck should I have hope?

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, I'm still voting. But it's more of a 'might as well try' than a 'my vote will help fix this'

I'm completely and utterly disillusioned. I've been through the justice system as a victim and now seen it manipulated on a national scale to keep a blatantly, openly corrupt party that keeps breaking the law in power. Why the fuck should I have hope?
All I can say is there are good people out there who want to make things better. I truly believe we are going to see a huge shift once Trump is out and the scope of what happened is truly exposed to the public. The best example I can use is what happened in Ireland with people finding out the truth about the Catholic Church and completely abandoning it which led to a much more progressive political culture. Not saying it will definitely happen here but it certainly can happen.