• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I now know why Republicans are 100% in on Trump. It's not that they are scared of him, it's that he will protect all the corrupt and illegal shit they are doing full stop.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To the republican senator who said that the impeachment, regardless of acquittal, will have lasting consequences for the President - You are a complete and total dumb fuck.

acquitted him on abuse of power charges, basically saying "there are zero consequences for your actions" and he's just running with it.

fired whistleblower. Ordering the DOJ to lessen a sentence.

what the hell is next?

Oct 27, 2017
Aonther one has withdrawn and also resigned:

His notice is even more direct. He's not simply notifying the court that he has also resigned - he's saying that's the reason for his withdrawal in the first place.

Edit - he also seems to have resigned his job as a US attorney, not just as someone assigned to a special prosecutor's office.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this could really blow up in the news cycle. We'll see what the shortened sentence ends up being.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
This is incredible. Remember the chaos that ensued when Bill Clinton said hi to Loretta Lynch during the Clinton email bullshit.

This is going to get worse and worse until that fucker is out office. November can't come soon enough, and I'm more concerned by the day that won't mean shit either.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I now know why Republicans are 100% in on Trump. It's not that they are scared of him, it's that he will protect all the corrupt and illegal shit they are doing full stop.

It's still bizarre. Why stick your neck out for Trump. You might be safe while he is President but after if you are committing crimes, people might come calling.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

Schumer calls for IG probe into DOJ overruling prosecutors to give Roger Stone lighter sentence. Nadler says his panel will "get to the bottom" of it. Schiff says Trump administration represents "the gravest threat" to rule of law "in a generation." McConnell declines to comment

4:10 PM - Feb 11, 2020

Frank Thorp V @frankthorp

MCCONNELL was asked by @mkraju about the reduction in Roger Stone's sentence recommendation after Pres Trump criticized it in a tweet last night.

Q: Are you concerned about favoritism in any way?

MCCONNELL: "Yea, I don't have an opinion on that."​

4:09 PM - Feb 11, 2020

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

Manu Raju @mkraju

Schumer calls for IG probe into DOJ overruling prosecutors to give Roger Stone lighter sentence. Nadler says his panel will "get to the bottom" of it. Schiff says Trump administration represents "the gravest threat" to rule of law "in a generation." McConnell declines to comment

MCCONNELL was asked by @mkraju about the reduction in Roger Stone's sentence recommendation after Pres Trump criticized it in a tweet last night.

MCCONNELL: "Yea, I don't have an opinion on that."

Ah yes, let's start a probe to get to the truth so that it can be promptly ignored and hand-waved away by the GOP.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
I really hope your country comes to their senses this November and turns things around, but I just don't know anymore. I think what once made America great has been undone and cast aside and it'll be hard if not impossible to get it back.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Can the judge laugh at the recommendation and give them the max sentence if they wish?

Yes. Sentencing is entirely up to the judge.

With that said- giving him the max sentence will likely result in a Trump pardon and the judge being endlessly called out on Twitter, putting the judge's personal safety at risk. Also known as: just another weekday in Trump's America.

EDIT: oh, and it's Amy Berman Jackson. So pretty much double what I said about her getting singled out by the Cheeto-in-Chief if she gives Stone a hefty sentence.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I won't be shocked where we reach a point where Trump and Repulicans cancel an election to "protect America and it's democracy" because the democrats would destroy it. You can really see the path they would take to get there. Calling democrats crazed with the impeachment, etc etc.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
They should delay sentencing until January 21, 2021. Trump will pardon him guaranteed.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Trump being the only president impeached twice has a nice ring to it

I mean, history will not look kindly on Trump's presidency, for sure. But unfortunately we are not looking back on this administration through the lens of history; we are living through it and it is not yet clear how much further down we have to go before we hit rock bottom. So you'll have to forgive me if I'm less than enthused about another impeachment process that changes nothing.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
At this point, I won't be shocked where we reach a point where Trump and Repulicans cancel an election to "protect America and it's democracy" because the democrats would destroy it. You can really see the path they would take to get there. Calling democrats crazed with the impeachment, etc etc.
I mean... they're shitlords for sure. But elections are run by the 50 states and DC, not the federal government. Hey some red states might go for it - or at least try, but unless he's deploying the military to make it happen, he'll just be full of hot air as usual.

Now will they allow fuckery and do nothing to support states to stop obvious outside attacks, sure.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... they're shitlords for sure. But elections are run by the 50 states and DC, not the federal government. Hey some red states might go for it - or at least try, but unless he's deploying the military to make it happen, he'll just be full of hot air as usual.

Now will they allow fuckery and do nothing to support states to stop obvious outside attacks, sure.
Yeah, that's true. Good points.

Just feels like they will attempt to say something along these lines.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

MCCONNELL: "Yea, I don't have an opinion on that."

As long as journalists keep letting McConnell get away with not answering questions he will keep doing it.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
As long as AMERICANS keep letting McConnell get away with not answering questions he will keep doing it.

The media isn't a branch of government...

Sooner or later this is going full fascist nation. We're moving ahead of schedule faster than climate change models. Trump has pretty much taken over the country and will continue to do so as days go by.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

People need to stop with this shit. No such mechanism exists- the election is not a federal process. It doesn't matter if we're in the middle of World War 5 against Skynet- we're holding a Presidential election every 4 years. Now, those elections will be twisted by the electoral college, ratfucked at the local level and completely obfuscated by billion-dollar disinformation campaigns, but we'll still have them, crooked as they are.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I keep saying it's hard no to lose hope. It's obvious after the shitshow that was the impeachment he and his disgusting friends now feel completely above the law. I just want to hide in a cave for the next decade

Hide in a cave if you must, but come out in November to vote. That's the ONLY way this shit ends.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
People need to stop with this shit. No such mechanism exists- the election is not a federal process. It doesn't matter if we're in the middle of World War 5 against Skynet- we're holding a Presidential election every 4 years. Now, those elections will be twisted by the electoral college, ratfucked at the local level and completely obfuscated by billion-dollar disinformation campaigns, but we'll still have them, crooked as they are.

Yep. Putin wins elections too.

Point being, and the general sentiment, is that Trump is going to make every illegal effort to stay in office, and no laws are going to stop him. Things will be bent in his favor, as we've seen with him controlling the senate.

So ultimately, its the same outcome if there weren't elections. Hardly some comforting thought.

Our only "HOPE" is that they STOP meddling/hacking/forgetting cables/Using Ivankas voting machines... etc... which they wont. Very amazing turn of events for the constitution/democracy trump has been. Proved none of it mattered.

A third prosecutor has withdrawn.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney

A THIRD Stone prosecutor has now dropped out of the case: Adam Jed.

3AktMCh.jpg

4:40 PM - Feb 11, 2020

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The WaPo article indicated that this sentence was well beyond the recommended prison term. First-timers typically receive 15-21 months for obstruction charges.