• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prologue

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Movie was fine. And this is coming from someone that didint enjoy the superman movie, or BVS.

Though not having Bruce pay for Clark's mother's house before it became foreclosed., was extremely odd given the guilt he felt.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thu/Fri/Sat + projected Sun totals are up tomorrow
t1511110800z1.png

Might not be enough time for WOM if it bombs Saturday

Next week is a whole different kettle of fish.
If Coco is legit who knows how that plays out.
Disney have not marketed it at all.

Coco will slaughter Justice League worldwide this upcoming weekend.

The only legs we will see in the upcoming weeks will be Coco's.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, im back from the movie, and here are my barely coherent thoughts :
This movie is a mess.
But I DUG it .
But objectively, its one of the most slopy major releases I remember . And I will lie if i say I didnt smile like a kid through most of it . Smarter folks then me have dissected the movie in this thread already, so I will skip to the bottom line :
For all its fault, it was a great showcase for the different characters, and it would be a shame if WB , in their familiar reactionary panic, would wipe the slate clean .

less

Oct 25, 2017
Justice League is a deeply disappointing movie even with low expectations going in.

Out of all the things in the movie...I only really liked the character interactions between the characters and that was mainly some of the comedic elements. Of them all the Flash was the most consistently entertaining character though the trailers already revealed some of his better moments. Aquaman had one great moment when he started talking about his feelings...probably my favorite moment of the entire film. The Martha-Lois interaction was decent along with the one Bruce + Alfred moment when they are talking about Superman. Everything else switched between bad and mediocre. The worst offender was Bruce and Aquaman...their early interactions nearly made me cringe from just how terrible they were.

The new characters to the DC film franchise were...rushed perhaps a bit too much. Aquaman is perhaps the best example of this. His backstory was far too rushed. Just a few minutes of something that deserved to be fleshed out a fair bit more. As it is I could barely care about him as a character. Flash's history and character was done better but even then it could have done with a bit more fleshing out. Same for Cyborg. In short, DC should have given these characters their own films before putting them in Justice League.

Now lets talk about the action...the one thing that I had hoped would be worth the price of admission. It wasn't. Not by a long shot. I did like some of the scenes such as Superman beating down the rest of the League when he first shows up. Get rekt Batman. The Amazons attempting to keep the Mother Box out of Steppenwolf's hands was perhaps the single best piece of action in the entire film. There was a "weight" to that action that nothing else really matches in the film. The Amazons had a clear goal in keeping the Mother Box away from Steppenwolf and they struggled to do so. Seeing them struggle added a tension that kept in hooked for that entire duration of the action. The final battle between the League and Steppenwolf? Whatever tension there might have been disappeared the moment Superman showed up and started smacking around Steppenwolf as if he was an unruly brat. -_-

Steppenwolf...DC at least you aren't alone in having horrible comic book villains. Try harder next time.

Score: 2/5.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How did Steppenwolf get the last box? When they show him tubing into the Kryptonian ship, the camera cut to the box lying on top of a police car or something, next to the league. How did he get the box in the ship if it wasn't there?

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
I pretty much HATE every Snyder movie since the Dawn remake, but as a comic fanboy once more I went to watch Justice League. Yes, the movie is a mess, Steppenwolf is terrible. The cgi and the Super mustache are a joke.
Said that. I kind of loved the movie.
They nailed the characters. Wonder (even with the sexualized camera work) is still a joy to watch. Flash was a blast. Drunk Uncle Aquaman was fun, even being kind of just there. Didn't care about Cyborg, but the movie didn't cared either. And Super was Super for the first time in years. It was not a great movie, hell, it was barely a good movie, but it was a blast.
The first time I genuine enjoyed watching a Snyder Movie

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was expecting to sit down and wallow in tedious and boring garbage that was every bit as bad as BvS.

What I got was a pretty fun, competent movie. I probably wouldn't be that interested in watching it again and I wouldn't consider it a classic, but that's pretty much every superhero movie.

I thought it was easily better than Doctor Strange, Civil War, and Age of Ultron (all of which are admittedly the most dour and joyless Marvel films).

Justice League was easily head and shoulders above the aggressively boring Batman versus Superman. There's a discernible plot, it gets rolling quickly, there's fun interactions between all the heroes, and none of the character introductions feel to horribly shoehorned in. I'm actually surprised how much they fit into 2 hours without a lot of fluff. Is the ending a bunch of CG-heavy nonsense? Yeah, but at this point what superhero movie doesn't end that way?

I imagine good word of mouth will probably carry this movie to some solid box office results over Thanksgiving weekend.
In no world even 666 of them this is any better than any of those movies you listed even Age of Ultron is much more solid and coherent movie.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got home from watching this. Honestly, I thought it was fun.

The beginning had the weird pacing, as it seems so many DC movies have now, but over all, I enjoyed the movie.

It's better than BvS IMO.

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if my expectations were just super low or something but I didn't hate it?

LOL at Batman's face when Superman shows up

Favorite moments: Clark giving Barry the stink eye, and Aquaman sitting on the lasso of truth

There were definitely some unnecessary ass shots of Diana and her shirt choices are questionable

PeterLegend

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Movie was off to a bad start from the beginning, a trademark of these bad zack snyder films are the scene transitions, when you're jumping all over the place with no real cohesion its bad.

Also Superman is way OP, dude made Steppen Wolf his bitch without breaking a sweat. Same dude that got handled by Doomsday

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Okay, so top DCU movie list time!

1.) Wonder Woman (Obviously)
2.) Justice League
3.) Man of Steel
4.) Suicide Squad
5.) Batman vs. Superman

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
For those asking whether we'll get a sequel...

Luthor, Deathstroke and I'd guess Reverse Flash, Joker, Black Manta and Circe vs The Justice League is a damn good hook for a film.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The beginning was strange. I didn't mind the film though. I didn't wanna go but my son really wanted to see it and it wasnt the disaster I was dreading.

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I hadn't known about the mustache thing before I would never have noticed but since I knew about it I couldn't help but stare at his upper lip

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't care man
I had fun
There were some cringe moments, and questionable choices
but overall still fun
Yes the movie was hella rushed, and that extended cut better add in all 45 missing minutes or whatever.

Being a Superman fan, I felt great watching Superman handily kick everyone's asses even in his confused state, even having Batman nearly turned to dust in his own hands... but I was slightly cringing at the same time because... I was afraid they were going to make him evil again

Luckily not, but the turn from THAT Superman to the one who saved the day at the end with Steppenwolf was quite jarring

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
just saw it. I had more fun looking at my commemorative cup.

the worst failure, for me, was the flash. the humor was not there. no one in my theater laughed at his one-liners. just uncomfortable.

WetWired

Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
saw it last night, I went in with low expectations and thought it wasn't as bad as I expected. Story is a mess but it's fun, and most importantly after BvS it's not pretentious, thinking it's carrying some amazing message or being deep with it's story when in actual fact it's not. It's just straightforward.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I also didn't like Barry and found him obnoxious. His jokes all felt try hard and left over from Marvel movies and they usually came at really inappropriate times.

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lmao true Hawkeye and black widow stick out so badly in those movies because of that. I also didn't have a problem with cyborg I liked how at the end of the movie when got more used to bring in that body he was able to change it to the more tradition breast plate and all that

Yes, that was one of my complaints before watching the movie but seeing that fixed that. I also think that Cyborg had some cool character moments. The one with his father and with the Flash.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely in the "Eh, it was alright" camp, certainly liked it more than MoS or BvS.
Plenty of moments that I liked, the characters worked more often than they didn't, but it was all just so hollow.

I had major problems with how they handled the Fourth World stuff, even beyond Steppenwolf just being terrible, like how the Mother Boxes were turned into doomsday weapons for no real reason or the way everything was bland-ified into generic "evilness" instead of the wonderful weirdness that the Fourth World is full of.

And the Boom Tubes. My gods, why did they turn the Boom Tubes into, I don't know, "Zip Beams"? I got more and more annoyed every time they happened.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
From the sounds of things, there's a low chance for an extended version. Maybe the deleted/alternate scenes make their way to the home release.

Definitely in the "Eh, it was alright" camp, certainly liked it more than MoS or BvS.
Plenty of moments that I liked, the characters worked more often than they didn't, but it was all just so hollow.

I had major problems with how they handled the Fourth World stuff, even beyond Steppenwolf just being terrible, like how the Mother Boxes were turned into doomsday weapons for no real reason or the way everything was bland-ified into generic "evilness" instead of the wonderful weirdness that the Fourth World is full of.

And the Boom Tubes. My gods, why did they turn the Boom Tubes into, I don't know, "Zip Beams"? I got more and more annoyed every time they happened.

Wasn't a fan of the boom tubes here. Yeah. Both how they're portrayed as a vertical beam and the vagueness of how they work.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Okay, so top DCU movie list time!

1.) Wonder Woman (Obviously)
2.) Justice League
3.) Man of Steel tied with above
4.) Suicide Squad
5.) Batman vs. Superman
1) Wonder Woman
2) Justice League
3) Man of Steel
4) Batman vs Superman
5) A big shit
6) Batman vs Harley Quin
7) Suicide Squad

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Man that wasn't half bad at all. Certainly not great but I liked it much more than Man of Steel or BvS. Still a tier or two below Wonder Woman though. My main problem is that it felt like the story was moving REALLY fast, there really isn't a lot to it, and the CGI was spotty in places. CGI Cavil looked kind of weird but not nearly as bad as I feared. Action was solid. I even liked Steppenwolf. He's shallow as all fuck but not anymore so than your typical Marvel villain. Characters are pretty decent too if paper thin. This is honestly the first time I've actually LIKED Cavil's Superman. Gal was good as Wonder Woman. Ezra Miller completely won me over as Flash. Affleck is still good as Batman. Momoa was good as Aquaman. I thought I'd wind up hating Cyborg but I really liked him as well. I know Aquaman and Flash are supposed to be getting solo movies but I'd definitely watch a Cyborg solo.

More than anything Justice League actually instilled a belief that the DC Cinematic Universe is actually salvageable. They just need better directors and better writers. Actors are all solid in my opinion. JL at least allows them to start fresh with more solo movies and have a proper build up to JL2 should they decide to move forward.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
DC power levels are still off the chain.

Superman holding off Cyborg, WW and Aquaman off while staring down Flash...

That shit have me goosebumps. Between that and Thor's upgrade this is the year they finally went full blow Omega power crazy in superhero films.

Also God damn did Superman punk out Steppenwolf. Dude who fought off an army of men, Amazons, Gods, Atlanteans and Green Lanterns got fucked up by one Kryptonian.

That shit was epic.
That shit was nuts. BvS made it seem like WW was on par with Superman strength wise but that certainly wasn't the case here.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Diana can stand up to Clark, he's just faster. Right now he flies faster than Flash can run. That's hilarious.

If they had Evil Superman I would've definitely had Wondy fight him one on one, without the stupid sword.
then she unlocks God Mode by taking off her bracelets

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Diana can stand up to Clark, he's just faster. Right now he flies faster than Flash can run. That's hilarious.

If they had Evil Superman I would've definitely had Wondy fight him one on one, without the stupid sword.
then she unlocks God Mode by taking off her bracelets
I'm pretty sure he's stronger than her, but has the same speed as flash.