• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mikey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The RT score is not worthless. It is a percentage of critics who liked/disliked a movie. If a movie has a high RT, then it's at least recognised as a well made movie. Whether an individual likes/dislikes a movie comes down to personal preference. There are plenty of low RT movies that I like (Godzilla 1998, Armageddon, all 5 Transformers movies), but I also know these are poor movies.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, though, I doubt most people will notice anything wrong with the face. People who have a good eye for that shit and know the story, will notice, but others? I dunno.

Like, I saw a bunch of people say they didn't know Leia and Tarkin were CGI in Rogue One. That's how bad a lot of people are when it comes to this kinda stuff.
i didn't know the story and something was definitely off with sup's face. Wouldn't have probably guessed cg's out mustaches, but his face definitely looked wrong and modified in multiple occasions.

Currygan

Oct 25, 2017
that was not at all expected and a real surprise. We should organize a meetup and then go to my favourite bar

Stating-the-obvious.jpg

UTiii

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angry joe gave it a 8/10, reviews are all over the place it seems.

Anyhow I'm not fussy so will probably really like it like I did with the superman films and suicide squad.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, though, I doubt most people will notice anything wrong with the face. People who have a good eye for that shit and know the story, will notice, but others? I dunno.

Like, I saw a bunch of people say they didn't know Leia and Tarkin were CGI in Rogue One. That's how bad a lot of people are when it comes to this kinda stuff.

The person sitting behind me, within 5 seconds of the movie starting (you know the first scene) said "what's wrong with his mouth"?.
Made me chuckle as it's the first think I looked for haha.

X Borealis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Angry joe gave it a 8/10, reviews are all over the place it seems.

Anyhow I'm not fussy so will probably really like it like I did with the superman films and suicide squad.

Fanboys LOVE it, critics not so much, people outside the Marvel/DC fanboy lunacy are not digging it or think it's just average and a bit funny mess.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The RT score is not worthless. It is a percentage of critics who liked/disliked a movie. If a movie has a high RT, then it's at least recognised as a well made movie. Whether an individual likes/dislikes a movie comes down to personal preference. There are plenty of low RT movies that I like (Godzilla 1998, Armageddon, all 5 Transformers movies), but I also know these are poor movies.

I wouldn't say it's recognized as a well made movie, but recognized as a movie with broad appeal

Goldfishking

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the movie last night.
I really like man of steel, i will defend that movie when i can.
Batman vs superman was a weird mix of awesome moments (mostly batman scenes) and a lot of terrible moments (MARTHA).
Justice league was weird though. It didn't have the awful moments, but it didn't have any great moments either. It just felt mediocre the entire way through.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just got out of seeing it. Free tickets thanks to Midas mechanic (yay) but I quite liked it. Was pretty funny, Aquaman was ace (edit: he is in fact not Aussie so correction to prior statement) though Flash and Cyborg definitely stole the movie for me, those guys are gonna be bros.

Supes face is fucked though. Seriously I found it instantly but even my girlfriend saw it straight away and knew as I turned to comment what I was gonna say. What was going on there? Just bad CGI? That doesn't make much sense though because everyone else was on point especially Flash and he was probably the most CGI heavy. Almost L.A. Noire worthy really.

Story was good, actually liked who they used and what they built on. Action was top notch, I felt a bit more umph with the action compared to Thor but that could be just down to how panned out Thor went on shots of the action. Diane is ace at Wonder Woman, as in seriously fucking good that she pretty much should be the comic book character.

Overall pretty happy. Keen to see where they go, I could definitely feel where Synder stepped down and Whedon stepped in. I honestly would prefer Snyder to move on, not just because in capable hands this could be better despite the overall movie being good but I really think he needs some space to do his own thing. Get back to 300 or something.

But yeah. This is just some random guy on the internet's comments. I liked it, was good and I mean if you are bored or umming on it you may as well go and see it. Could be worse, you could have Supe's face.

Oh also, when the copies come out we need Flash's "oh wow that's rude bye" as a gif for this place. The usability on that gif would be endless.

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Superman's face being messed up was very noticeable. :-/

Should have just done the reshots with the beard and then cg-ed it in on the old shots. Then have the Flash crack a joke about him having a beard, whatever.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I think Snyder could do a fine job with a Justice League: Flashpoint film. That's a grim universe where he can do pretty much whatever he wants with the twisted versions of the DC heroes, save for the Flash.

He can have Batman dual-wielding pistols, Wonder Woman beheading people with her sword, Aquaman goring people with his trident. He could try to do a big, epic movie, play with all of the toys, and not damage continuity. Then he can cap the film off by reseting it for a new DCEU direction.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Well,

I've defended Moss as a mostly good movie with problems. I've defended BvS as an ambitious failure.

This is about as bad as Suicide Squad and the only saving Grace is Flash.

I'm a massive DC fanboy and I wanted to love it. Then I wanted to just like it. It's an unwatchable mess and up there with Green Lantern and Suicide Squad as the worst DC films not called Catwoman.

Even Batman and Robin was intentionally shitty.

This is a disjointed mess and I swear to God they totally rewrote the story around set pieces they had already filmed. It felt all over the place, out of order at spots and the unfunny jokes that were clearly interspersed after the fact mostly fell flat and tonally ruined whatever train wreck the scene was going for.

I would rather have seen whatever kind of edgelord bullshit Snyder had intended to make than this. Wow.

Also, I wanted to see how they would integrate the 4th world stuff and holy shit they just ignored and butchered it. Like, why go with the New Gods stuff if you are going to fully ignore what makes it special.

Just a total fucking fail of a movie that had no vision and it's clear at least one of its stars and probably both of it's directors didn't want to make this movie.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard they blurred out his mustache by rubbing Vaseline on the lens in just that area, like how they took the wheels off the speeder in Star Wars. I'm impressed honestly. The more practical effects the better.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

Most people I know go "Is that Henry Cavill? He looks different now/he looks skinnier" or something to that effect. Including me who didn't know the mustache removal story but recognized it was altered for some reason.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With George Miller suing Warner Bros., is there any chance he might work with them after? I really wanted him to do a Superman movie. But I don't think it'll ever happen. :/

X Borealis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And what do you think of the movie's audience score on RT?

It's mostly a fanboy score. Every fanboy movie gets screwed that way. You cannot trust the audience score. That's why IMDb is screwed as well. Too many bots, fanboys, trolls and shills giving movies 10/10 or 1/10. You can see it really clearly sometimes when even the press haven't seen a movie yet and it already has thousands of audience reviews and the score is like 9/10. It's FUBAR.

It normalizes a bit in the end, but it's still higher than it should be. And this is not a DC movie issue per se. Be it Playstation or Xbox exclusive game, Marvel, DC, Star Wars or Harry Potter movie or any other fanboy franchise and it'll get the same machinated score. I always go with the critic consensus if I watch some old movie I haven't seen. Fanboys can't be trusted.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
The first 45 minutes was really, truly terrible. The piecing together of the team was all over the place, and generally way too brief. But! After that, it seemed to settle in a bit and was actually pretty good for me. Better than I expected.

I'm really digging Cavill as Superman and Gadot as Wonder Woman. I really hope we get a MoS2 without Snyder. Aquaman and Flash need more room to breath, so hopefully they get their own movies to flesh out the characters. Cyborg's motivation was done really poorly, he was just kinda there.

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's mostly a fanboy score. Every fanboy movie gets screwed that way. You cannot trust the audience score. That's why IMDb is screwed as well. Too many bots, fanboys, trolls and shills giving movies 10/10 or 1/10. You can see it really clearly sometimes when even the press haven't seen a movie yet and it already has thousands of audience reviews and the score is like 9/10. It's FUBAR.

It normalizes a bit in the end, but it's still higher than it should be. And this is not a DC movie issue per se. Be it Playstation or Xbox exclusive game, Marvel, DC, Star Wars or Harry Potter movie or any other fanboy franchise and it'll get the same machinated score. I always go with the critic consensus if I watch some old movie I haven't seen. Fanboys can't be trusted.

So when you say "by reading what people think of the movie", you meant critics? Ok then...