• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lucky_Seenty

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my 2 brothers all enjoyed the movie. The part where superman is looking at flash as he was fighting JL was awesome. Steppenwolf was too weak and kind of boring and wit the end of credit scene im not sure where they are taking this. a solid 7/10 in my book.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
This Batman feels like some rich douchebag dude cosplaying as Batman rather than being BATMAN.if that makes sense

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So where are you getting the non-fanboy audience's thoughts from? You said social media. Twitter?

if someone is at all into movies they tend to be friends with people who are as well. and with twitter and facebook inflating the amount of everyone's social interaction it's easy to take the temperature on things like this.

nobody in my circle particularly likes it or hates it. 5/10 seems to be a fairly accurate aggregate score.

and this includes people who will defend Superman as a good charter in general. fact is he is one of the worst characters in all of pop fiction. he's the ultimate Mary Sue and he's boring as heck.

it's pretty obvious you aren't engaging in this discussion honestly and are in Mindless Fanboy Wankery mode but maybe someone else will find this useful.

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So you never listen to critics is what you're saying? Or only the ones who agree with you?

I listen to some critics (there is a set list to whom I am subscribed on youtube) but critics cannot change my mind over whether I should go see a movie or not. I may or may not agree with their views on the movie after I've watched it. RT is just a probability - it cannot tell you which movie is good or bad for you.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I listen to some critics (there is a set list to whom I am subscribed on youtube) but critics cannot change my mind over whether I should go see a movie or not. I may or may not agree with their views on the movie after I've watched it. RT is just a probability - it cannot tell you which movie is good or bad for you.
nobody is arguing that you personally don't like the movie holy shit

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
if someone is at all into movies they tend to be friends with people who are as well. and with twitter and facebook inflating the amount of everyone's social interaction it's easy to take the temperature on things like this.

nobody in my circle particularly likes it or hates it. 5/10 seems to be a fairly accurate aggregate score.

and this includes people who will defend Superman as a good charter in general. fact is he is one of the worst characters in all of pop fiction. he's the ultimate Mary Sue and he's boring as heck.

it's pretty obvious you aren't engaging in this discussion honestly and are in Mindless Fanboy Wankery mode but maybe someone else will find this useful.

That's not really a large sample pool, is it? Believe it or not - all but 1 person in my circle liked it more than Thor: Ragnarok.

And it's pretty obvious that you aren't engaging in this discussion honestly and are just in Mindless Fanboy Wankery mode. I can say it too.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You are putting the blame on Snyder for a Whedon scene and choice.

Damn life hasn't been fair to Zack Snyder.
Well, when the film started, it said directed by Zack Snyder. Not co-directed with Whedon. I'll gladly place the blame on Whedon too if what you're saying is true, whoever directed doesn't matter to my point that Justice League starts off with one of the worst opening shots in a film this year.

X Borealis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

X Borealis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And you're able to discern between the fanboys and the trolls on forums and social media?

Yes. Because I know how fanboys behave. They're delusional and aggressive. Ahem...

There's only top reviewer comments. I sometimes check some of them. The voting system doesn't have comments, so it's not objective and cannot be trusted.

Gordon Shumway

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melmac
I don't think anyone here has said they should. People should watch what they want to watch. They should probably also accept that not everyone agrees with them. Folks saying the movie "deserves" a higher score seem to not want to understand how this system works..
Good grief..I can't believe it.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not a huge success but a $96mil opening weekend isn't the end of the world. They spent what, $300mil on it? So it seems it has a chance of making their money back. Hopefully. With international numbers added in.

Doubt it cracks a billion though.
That $300m was just the production. They apparently spent another $300m in marketing.

X Borealis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's not a huge success but a $96mil opening weekend isn't the end of the world. They spent what, $300mil on it? So it seems it has a chance of making their money back. Hopefully. With international numbers added in.

It needs to earn 700-800 million to even break even. It's about to hit 700 million worldwide with this projectory. And Coco comes next weekend, it'll slaughter the JL's legs. Then few weeks and it's Star Wars. It's DOA and might even be the biggest financial flop of the year.

Oct 27, 2017

Even if they recouped the initial budget, on top of the rumored $300 million marketing campaign, they'd still lose a ton of money. The studio isn't the only one that gets the ticket sales.

It's probably realistically have to be over $1 billion for the studio themselves to start making profit off the film, which sure as shit isn't happening.

X Borealis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even if they recouped the initial budget, on top of the rumored $300 million marketing campaign, they'd still lose a ton of money. The studio isn't the only one that gets the ticket sales.

It's probably realistically have to be over $1 billion for the studio themselves to start making profit off the film, which sure as shit isn't happening.

It's about 2,5x multiplier + marketing = break even. If the movie flops in the states, it's around 3x multiplier. Studio gets about 50% from ticket sales in the USA and the rest of the world varies, China being the lowest with about 25% from the sales.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The first 45 minutes was really, truly terrible. The piecing together of the team was all over the place, and generally way too brief. But! After that, it seemed to settle in a bit and was actually pretty good for me. Better than I expected.

I'm really digging Cavill as Superman and Gadot as Wonder Woman. I really hope we get a MoS2 without Snyder. Aquaman and Flash need more room to breath, so hopefully they get their own movies to flesh out the characters. Cyborg's motivation was done really poorly, he was just kinda there.

The first 45 DID feel slow.. That's the thing with these movies ( not wonder woman) when nothing happens is just boring. Just a lot of talking with nothing fun, interesting or intriguing.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
That's crazy. You'd think at least the presence of Wonder Woman and Batman would have boosted the film.

Not having a bigger opening weekend than the MCU's first movie before RDJ and Iron Man were such a big draw is not a good sign

Iron Man was C-list at best before his movie lol, it's insanity what Marvel was able to do with their unpopular heroes and how far Batman & Superman have fallen thanks to Snyder.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta love how 5 years ago no one knew who the fuck Guardians of the Galaxy even we're and now they're, like, Han Solo.