• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NexusCell

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just as I guessed, people are using this as an excuse to condemn social justice across the board. Real easy to abandon "wokeness", isn't it?
Lol. This doesn't make me not want to support social justice, but given how little reporting has been given of these tapes, it sure as hell tells me that even the "progressive" or "feminist" media sites don't really care about addressing the issue of abuse. Everyone reports the allegations, but it feels like their is barely any acknowledgement it evidence is presented disproving the allegations.

This whole concept of getting ideology points is so annoying. Oh boy, your "side" made a mistake? Can't criticize or reflect on your actions or else you are making your side look bad! Give me a fucking break. I can criticize the problems in social justice movements without abandoning the idea of it all together.

Last edited:

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Just as I guessed, people are using this as an excuse to condemn social justice across the board. Real easy to abandon "wokeness", isn't it?
Oh do stop. People are clearly not attacking social justice in here, but attacking the toxic elements that sometimes surround it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Yeah r/gendercritical is just the polite way of saying r/weAreAllTransphobes. Of course they spew such essentialized and fantastical bullshit about femininity. Their whole philosophy is built on making the definition of "woman" as reductive as possible

(seriously though why are any of you reading the transphobe subreddit)

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah r/gendercritical is just the polite way of saying r/weAreAllTransphobes. Of course they spew such essentialized and fantastical bullshit about femininity. Their whole philosophy is built on making the definition of "woman" as reductive as possible
Never really heard about it other than in passing here and there. Unless the commenters on that thread are an exception on that sub, yeesh.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
They are fucking TERFs. Of course their feminism is going to suck
Referring it as feminism is putting it politely. They're just a sub that's around to air out transphobic views and the fact that reddit hasn't done anything about that community is awful.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

(seriously though why are any of you reading the transphobe subreddit)

"Our side"?

Not quite. You might as well post KotakuinAction nonsense in here, too.
Referring it as feminism is putting it politely. They're just a sub that's around to air out transphobic views and the fact that reddit hasn't done anything about that community is awful.

Oh, they're Terfs?

Damn, okay this makes me feel a bit better in a weird way then.

I used google to take me to the first feminist subreddit that I could find to see what they were saying and I ended up there.

Deleted my post.

Sorry for even bringing them in here.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I was going to come in here saying that my litmus test for the value of a feminist philosophy is how they treat trans women but, well, I consider this an object lesson in just that and I didn't have to derail anything

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, they're Terfs?

Damn, okay this makes me feel a bit better in a weird way then.

I used google to take me to the first feminist subreddit that I could find to see what they were saying and I ended up there.

Deleted my post.

Sorry for even bringing them in here.
Its all good. Thanks for understanding it ♥

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
For anyone curious about what broke up their marriage, it was this:

The blazing row that finally sent Johnny Depp and Amber Heard 's marriage down the pan was over a pile of poo found in their bed.

Depp accused his wife and her pals of deliberately soiling the sheets after a violent row – sparked by him arriving two hours late to her 30th birthday party in April 2016.

She says the excrement was left by Yorkshire terrier Boo, who has bowel problems.

Johnny had stormed out of the LA penthouse during the argument and a housekeeper found the soiled sheets the next day.

The worker suggested the faeces were too big to be from their dog.

TLDR; Amber Heard took a shit on his bed after they had a fight over him arriving 2 hours late for her 30th birthday party and then said it was the dog that did it (the worker said the shit was too big to belong to their small dog).

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Imagine how afraid Johnny would have been.
Imagine being in that position and the world just turns it's back on you after you go though hell, and you know you can't reach out to anybody because nobody takes abused men seriously.

But hey, maybe I shouldn't show my support for him, wouldn't wanna be associated with MGTOWs or whatever. I'll just keep my mouth shut, go about my life, and I'm sure that everything will work out for the best!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

TLDR; Amber Heard took a shit on his bed after they had a fight over him arriving 2 hours late for her 30th birthday party and then said it was the dog that did it (the worker said the shit was too big to belong to their small dog).
He probably arrived 2 hours late because that sounds like something i would do if i knew i was trapped in a relationship with someone who wasn't thinking straight and made everything about her being a victim despite being the instigator. Been there/lived that....I'm good That's a horrible way to live.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

What...The....Fuck...
I feel sorry for whoever discovered that

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Poor guy, hopes he gets back to work soon.
The culture that has formed in the last few years that integrates "believe women" with "don't believe men" is an idiotic one.
Thankfully he had recordings.

SemRockwel

Oct 27, 2017
The message I'm getting from Left Twitter overall is "male victims of abuse, we don't want you."

This whole situation is sad. It's sad for Johnny Depp, and it's sad for any other man who has experienced domestic abuse.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Groups you don't agree with magnifying mistakes you make to support their own agenda is the price you pay when you cultivate an environment that allows individuals to take advantage.

This was a pretty big mistake and the shitheels using that to tarnish social justice, are 100% right to do so. It's not as if there wasn't any red flags about Heard, but Depp is a straight white male, so it happened exactly how she said it would happen.

We can't even really blame her either, not completely. Everyone that ignored the red flags is also to blame for it.

If it upsets you that MRA shitheads have a point this time, do fucking better next time.

The upside for social justice is not many are paying attention to this anyway. So there's that😑

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The message I'm getting from Left Twitter overall is "male victims of abuse, we don't want you."

This whole situation is sad. It's sad for Johnny Depp, and it's sad for any other man who has experienced domestic abuse.

I think it's a bit more cynical than that. I think most people who were caught with their pants down recognize their own hypocrisy and might even hate it, but nonetheless press on because they "have" to and people in Johnny Depp's circumstance are acceptable "collateral damage."

So it's less "we don't want you" and more "you're in the way, please step aside for our sakes" which is arguably worse.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Pretty depressing that people are so scared of their "side" looking bad that they won't call out bullshit when they see it. The current obsession with optics and "bad looks" over actual nuance is frustrating.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Pretty depressing that people are so scared of their "side" looking bad that they won't call out bullshit when they see it. The current obsession with optics and "bad looks" over actual nuance is frustrating.

It's not even so much about their side looking bad, it's the obsession with denying the other side any sort of "victory", even a tangential and purely perceptional one.

I've seen it a lot on this forum.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20200208-132515_Chrome.jpg

Lol.

Reminder that european feminists websites are now siding with Depp.

America is so far up its ass it's scary.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Are any of those european feminist articles available in English?

Unfortunately not I only saw french Spanish and russian.

The french ones are very similar to the Medium one from the US.

Christ. Surely articles like that are indicative of the resistance survivors face when coming forward about abuse. Imagine writing that without a hint of irony.

This article literally states it's possible Heard hit Depp because he abused her right before, just so he could claim he's a victim.

I dont know you can be this stupid and blatant at this point.

Aliand

Oct 28, 2017
I will be able to watch his movies without any second thought. Good!

And very sorry for him...

MAK11

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The US is so full of it's own shit. It frankly deserves a second Trump presidency.. Maybe then people will wake up... Europe never really cared about this story and Depp face is literally plastered everywhere there (& on TV) for the Dior Sauvage fragrance. Dude got done dirty by his own country smh..

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I assume this new-ish leak audio from few days ago has been discussed already? Haven't been following developments for few days and just saw this on Reddit. Caught my eye as she admits to using makeup to fake wounds and injuries...

www.youtube.com

Johnny Depp & Amber Heard: Abuser Amber tells Johnny nobody will believe him! NEW UNCENSORED AUDIO!

#JusticeForJohnnyDepp #AmberHeard #Metoo #TimesupHey everyone! This audio was first reported on by The Daily Mail. They obtained a 31 minute recorded phone...

Repo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Caught my eye as she admits to using makeup to fake wounds and injuries...

She clearly does not and this youtuber making these videos is misinterpreting their discussion.

At 6:00 onwards she's talking about how she has photos and messages from years that she has sent to acquaintances about abuse she has allegedly received from Johnny Depp. Then she defends their authenticity and says that nobody could claim that she has just faked them with makeup.

Break-ups are messy and this one seems especially so. It's disappointing to see how people keep making such definitive claims of their characters when we can't know the whole thruth. The responsible thing for the public, the media and youtubers would be to back off and let them sort it out in the court, but that's obviously not going to happen considering the fame of both parties.

Girder_Shade

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
People acting surprised when there's so many centrists and right wing supporters. The left are so full of themselves they are the biggest hypocrites.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
She clearly does not and this youtuber making these videos is misinterpreting their discussion.

At 6:00 onwards she's talking about how she has photos and messages from years that she has sent to acquaintances about abuse she has allegedly received from Johnny Depp. Then she defends their authenticity and says that nobody could claim that she has just faked them with makeup.

Break-ups are messy and this one seems especially so. It's disappointing to see how people keep making such definitive claims of their characters when we can't know the whole thruth. The responsible thing for the public, the media and youtubers would be to back off and let them sort it out in the court, but that's obviously not going to happen considering the fame of both parties.

It's because that guy knows she actually faked texts. ( they were not confirmed by third party like she claimed )

And all charges were dropped + the case was dismissed with prejudice which means it can never be refiled.

He is calling her out basically.

That was not a confession that she made though, you're right.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Please tell me I'm wrong. People got banned over this and there's still posters on here not willing to admit they were wrong.
Admitting you're wrong suggests that you're not always 100 percent right, which some people just can't acknowledge. Their identity is built around being a human moral compass. Painting everyone on the left with that wide brush is a mistake though. Many of us have admitted we were wrong or admitted we sided with Johnny (and the blatant fucking evidence) from the start. But yes, there are many on the left who are so far up their own ass that they'll never admit they're currently holding a huge 'L'. That's not being progressive. That's being pathetic.

Last edited:

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
Lol. I fucking hate modern online "progressivism". It's all about posturing and pushing puff pieces that support your side instead of actually trying to address all aspects of the issue.
It's terrible. So many people patting themselves on the back, just to scurry away later when something ends up going against their point of view. There's a reason why the backlash against Heard on twitter; and even here; is so much more subdued than it was against Johnny.

I'm hoping that more press will pick it up, maybe it'll be a snowball effect, but I doubt it.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Depressing situation all around.

I think it also goes to show how believing/disbelieving accusations are a very complicated business, because I think there wasn't much of a way to distinguish Amber Heard's accusations from other women's when her abuse claims were uncontested. Even though it's a reasonable idea, 'Believe women by default' clearly isn't always accurate.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well, it doesnt make much sense in this case. If you think resetera is on the left and you look through this topic, you will see like 99% of the posters now on Depp's side
You also only see 20% of the people who would usually see in these threads. There is only 20% in here because the other 80% who spent years shitting on Depp are waiting for a new spin before they feel confident enough to come back in here.

That's how things go in threads here

1) initial news breaks on any topic, no matter the victim type, is immediately 100% believed (as it should be because it's tough to come forward and this is how we show support)

2)The abuser or the suspect is immediately vilified, which is usually ok except when stories have elements that don't add up. You're not allowed to point that out though or you will get actioned. Whether that is dog piling, associated with MRA /MGHOTO (or whatever that is) warned or banned.

3)On rare occurrences (because it does not happen as often as right wing weirdos want you to believe) the victim is proven to be a liar. At this point everyone who sided with the victim......vanishes and i do mean everyone but not all

4) you will still have the "both sides" people coming in, though the victim is shown to be a liar they feel a need to still place blame on the accused just to save face

5)This leaves two groups left in the thread. Those that followed the forum rules and did not speak their mind until evidence was actually presented. At this point these conversations can not be dismissed as "not believing women" or "conspiracy theories". The problem is.....this also brings out the trolls as well. Usually people with no avatar, on their alt account soon to be banned because they are not as slick as they think.

6)Something will happen eventually that will bring everyone back into the thread. Whether a well respected blue checked mark journalist or twitter celebrity will make a case that will....IDK find a way to re-characterize Amber Heard as a new type of victim, allowing people to pick up their swords and shields again.....or people will spin it away from Depp and talk about how despite this being a once in a blue occurrence they are proud to still believe women. In which i say....no shit no one said you shouldn't. Women should always be listened to and every avenue possible should be made available to come forward. I listen to enough horror stories from female friends to think every guy out there is a monster. But sometimes I'm wrong, and in this case a lot of us were wrong.

TLDR - all the people who are usually in these type of threads are not. You can't say "99% of Resetera is on Depp's side" that is inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.