• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/justin-lin-jordana-brewster-fast-furious-vin-diesel-1202599969/

Vin Diesel, in a surprise Facebook livestream, announced on Wednesday afternoon that director Justin Lin would be returning for the next two installments of the "Fast & Furious" series.

Lin, who Diesel referred to as a "forefather of 'Fast,'" an "architect" of the series' mythology, and "the one responsible for resurrecting this beautiful saga," has previously directed four of the eight current entries. Diesel also revealed that Jordana Brewster is returning for the ninth "Fast" film. Brewster's last appearance in the series was in "Furious 7" when her character Mia Toretto retired from the family business to start a family with the late Paul Walker's character.

Awesome news.

Now just announce Han is returning.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_ms5ulq0dPO1qek690o1_500.gif

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
The return of Han
is the only thing that'll get me to come back. Vin Diesel officially ruined the series with F8. Hopefully, the Rock/Statham spinoff is good, though.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I wasn't impressed with Fast & Furious 6, but Fast Five is great, and Tokyo Drift is still a surprisingly fun watch.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Should be good. I'm a huge fan of the series but I mentally checked out while watching Fast 8. Guess I got too numb on the action and lack of character depth.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
7 and 8 were lacking without him so this is good news. Though I wonder how they bring back Jordana Brewster.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great news, Justin Lin pretty much IS the F&F franchise for me. He's responsible for catapulting the series to craziness it is now.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Paul's wife is Jordana Brewster, right?

How can they do that without messing things up?

Edit: Yes, they better not tarnish Paul's leaving the series in order for her to come back.

SleazyC

Oct 26, 2017
US of A
Do we get more CG Paul Walker?

Han's death retcon'd?

Do they manage to pull Gal Gadot back in now that she is heading a successful super hero franchise for DC?

Many questions to be answered.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Fantastic news. While I enjoyed 7, this series lost something without Lin. Super excited that he's getting to close it out, especially now that the budgets are basically just a blank check.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how many dumptrucks full of cash Universal dumped in front of Lin' s house. Dude could do where ever he wants at this point.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Exciting news. Hopefully they can address the Brian situation with something more than a hilariously bad one off line like the last movie.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to get into this series. I've only seen Tokyo Drift years ago and loved it.

Will have to get my dad to watch these with me.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both 7 & 8 were too crazy for me.

I get why they has wide appeal, but I wish it could go down to like half crazy vs turning it up to 11.

Also while I agree ultimately Brian was the heart of the series, and his passing hurts. I liked Tokyo Drift so it can be done without him. You just need to tone it back a little.

They've gone so far though idk how they even accomplish that.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I like that Justin is coming back, but him back doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be good. He did direct one of the worst Fast and Furious films in Fast and Furious. I still haven't seen Fast 8 because I really didn't enjoy Fast 7, but if Justin in coming back to close the book on the franchise then I could see myself watching 8 just so I can see 9 in theatres.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Best director of mi familia. I don't like how they disrespected his homie Han though. Will be funny if he kills off stathams character and being Han back.