• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
After exiting Fast X, it didn't take Justin Lin long to rev up another franchise. He's set to direct One Punch Man for Sony Pictures., Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner, who teamed on Jumanji: The Next Level, and Venom, are set to write the live-action film adaptation of worldwide hit manga series. Sony Pictures acquired the film rights from Shueisha.

Avi Arad and Ari Arad of Arad Productions (Spider-Man film series, Iron Man, X-Men film series, Venom) are producing the film. Lin will also be a producer.
deadline.com

Sony Pictures Taps Justin Lin To Direct ‘One Punch Man,’ Adaptation Of Manga Classic; Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner Scripting

Sony Taps Justin Lin To Direct 'One Punch Man,' Adaptation Of Manga Classic; Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner To Script

Oct 26, 2017
latest

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
can't wait to see this be ruined by Hollywood.

yeah I have no faith in anime adaptations.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT THIS IS GOING TO BE AMA-

... Venom writers?

... Avi Arad producing?

... Ehem. I uhh... I have to be anywhere but here. Excuse me.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the animes to get adopted into live action One Punch Man is the easiest to translate.

Audience's are already used to super hero tropes so a well done parody could work.

Its probably wont though

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
My friend whose a huge OPM says Anthony Carrigan (NoHo Frank from Barry, Zsazz from Gotham) would be perfect for a live-action adaptation.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
I will laugh my ass off if they will base it more on the webcomic than the manga/anime.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Justin Lin could make a great OPM movie. But... everything else surrounding this movie doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Baffles me why Hollywood keeps trying to do these live action versions. Same with that Your Name movie they keep trying to get off the ground, just leave it be please.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Well here's another movie I'll see on streaming services at some point, vaguely consider watching, then just go watch the source material again if anything

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Justin Lin being director seems like a good fit for the material. Wouldn't worry too much about writers, seeing as most writers don't have much power regarding how movies come out overall.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So will it be set in Japan or will it be westernized with a white protagonist?

Sam Thomas is your One Punch Man. He also has hair

Justin Lin being director seems like a good fit for the material. Wouldn't worry too much about writers, seeing as most writers don't have much power regarding how movies come out overall.

Seeing as OPM is a comedy good writing, comedic writing especially its fairly important.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the animes to get adopted into live action One Punch Man is the easiest to translate.

Audience's are already used to super hero tropes so a well done parody could work.

Its probably wont though

The problem is OPM is a gag manga built around a single joke and I don't have any faith in Hollywood writers actually getting this joke.

Like if it's this then it's doomed. Going The Rock or Vin Diesel or Jason Statham for Saitama already means they don't get the joke. I really hope they ain't that dumb but welcome to Hollywood.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Feels like One Punch man would translate muuuuch easier to a Hollywood movie than other animes. The concept itself gives itself soooo much leeway in terms of creativity and humour. It could be like Hancock in terms of tone, and of course Justin Lin would be the perfect dude to direct over the top superhero scenes.

El Beefo

May 9, 2018
What would you say the odds of them completely missing the point and making it an origin story are?