• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 33116

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Judging by the replies in this thread looks no one cares about Kashmir either. Looks like everyone think china is the only big bad country
Can you explain the situation there? I have a very minimal knowledge if it but I understand that India decided to invoke part of its constitution and take a part of its territory for internal control. I may have got that wrong though

Shifty

Oct 28, 2017
He also enacted a carbon tax and Canada's first national EV rebate.

The conservative party literally meets with CAPP, wants to build a pipeline east across that no one wants and is anti climate change and environmental policies.

That's pro oil.
I agree he has taken some small steps, but on the whole his response to the climate crisis is horribly underwhelming. We must just disagree because i don't think you need to be a bought and paid for conservative to still be pro-oil. The "centrists" in this country are still very much pro-oil, or pro-business in general, despite how much some in those groups will howl at even the smallest disagreements with their preferred line of action.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I agree he has taken some small steps, but on the whole his response to the climate crisis is horribly underwhelming. We must just disagree because i don't think you need to be a bought and paid for conservative to still be pro-oil. The "centrists" in this country are still very much pro-oil, or pro-business in general, despite how much some in those groups will howl at even the smallest disagreements with their preferred line of action.

I don't disagree with you.

It hasn't been enough, I just consider "pro oil" to be the Cons. Trudeau is a "play both sides" type. But that's just me.

But I don't expect any politician to cancel the entire oil industry in Canada, ban cars and build massive public transportation the day they're elected.

No one wants to deal with that shitshow and fallout.

Shifty

Oct 28, 2017
I don't disagree with you.

It hasn't been enough, I just consider "pro oil" to be the Cons. Trudeau is a "play both sides" type. But that's just me.

But I don't expect any politician to cancel the entire oil industry in Canada, ban cars and build massive public transportation the day they're elected.

No one wants to deal with that shitshow and fallout.
Agreed (even if some small petty part of my brain does go "yeah but that would be a pretty nice reversal to what the cons threaten to do once they get into power")

Anyway as to this topic: Nice PR that will change nothing but needed to be said anyway. Hopefully no bystanders are negatively affected by this.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Can you explain the situation there? I have a very minimal knowledge if it but I understand that India decided to invoke part of its constitution and take a part of its territory for internal control. I may have got that wrong though
Kashmir was never part of India it was a disputed region since the beginning even according to the UN . Here is a link to what is the history

Telegraph Link

Here is the current situation. the whole land is on lockdown. No one knows what's happening there besides there are 50000 troops stationed there by India and history has shown us that there will be a blood bath by them.
BBC

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever Pakistan did doesn't involve killing thousands of Kashmiris so fuck Indian Government
Oh that's pretty convenient. There's a reason Pakistan has lost every appeal in international forums since 1950s.

Pakistan has not only killed Kashmiris but has demographically changed the occupied land.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Oh that's pretty convenient. There's a reason Pakistan has lost every appeal in international forums since 1950s.

Pakistan has not only killed Kashmiris but has demographically changed the occupied land.
Quick question are you Kashmiri? I am from Kashmir and ill say Fuck Modi and his supporters they are fucking terrorists killing common folk and using pallet guns.
The only solution is to give independence

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am quite confused, why some posters (I assume they are Canadians) seemed to not a fan of Trudeau? Did he do anything wrong?
Trudeau has made several serious gaffs, and has broken his biggest campaign promise. Depending on personal opinion, he is either trying his best, or playing woke for progressive votes.

wants to build a pipeline east across that no one wants
Everyone west of Ontario wants the pipeline.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Trudeau has made several serious gaffs, and has broken his biggest campaign promise. Depending on personal opinion, he is either trying his best, or playing woke for progressive votes.

Everyone west of Ontario wants the pipeline.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, considering BC is also west of Ontario.

Cheapstare

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy moly, 300.000 Canadians in HK? I didn't know about that.

That's gotta be the largest community abroad in a single city.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yup. I bet the people complaining about him now are going to miss him quite a bit in a few years.

Proud of my PM.

Scared as fuck he'll get the boot for a right wing nut this year. D:

Ugh, don't get me started.

My mum (late 60's) and her generation treats Trudeau like a pariah, but I take in all the good and bad he has done during his time in office. The whole electoral reform really hurt me, and he's not doing much in the area of infrastructure while increasing the public debt. But when it comes down to the next election, I will have no issue electing Trudeau again.

I rarely want to discuss politics with her, as she's at her worst when he's ranting non-stop (for all the wrong reasons) about him. :/

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Someone's gotta be the moral center of the world.

It's ultimately just words if you don't have the power to influence those in Beijing. These words would be better coming from the US, but that requires a different president and no current trade war with China.

This is the time a good US president would have brought forth the threat of economic sanctions to pressure China into backing down.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I often criticize the lackluster attitude of western governments towards Hongkong and Taiwan, two societies that share so much with us in the west and need our support. But I've started thinking and discussing this topic with fellow China scientists lately. Sometimes a more quiet approach can do more than publicity. For example, Germany has accepted refugees from Hongkong over the last couple of years. I also wonder whether there are constant but unannounced low and high-level talks with the Chinese authorities as we speak. The Chinese are usually quite successful in stipulating the protests as 'orchestered by evil foreign forces' in the mainland. It's tough to counter this narrative in such a tightly controlled space. So while I'm usually all for condemnding the Chinese actions in this case, I'm not sure what is actually the more effective way to actually help the protesters. Is it the Trudeau way? Also: Where is the borderline, what has to happen to draw stronger reactions? Does it have to be the use of force? Russian-like actions? I obviously hate that business ties are also a factor here that seemingly affects western government behaviour.

Hongkong is such a great place, but its outlook is bleak as we speak. I really feel for the citizens. They actually never had a huge problem to become a part of China in 1997, but they sure are quickly being pulled away from the mainland with everything the PRC and Lam have been communicating and doing. That video of the Hong Kong PLA training was evil totalitarian propaganda at its best.

Oct 27, 2017
And the deal that they went through with? Who cares if they were legally bound, I thought "I was just following orders" wasn't a valid excuse in regards to war crimes, which were surely committed with the weapons that were sold.

In international relations its extremely important to demonstrate that a state will abide by and continue to be bound by contracts signed by previous governments. As soon as a country starts reneging on previously agreed contracts with other nations their reliability and reputation as a country to do business with is immeasurably harmed as it becomes clear that no contract will ever be certain.

Furthermore, reneging on a contract such as this would result in a breach of contract claim for billions of dollars, and the litigation of this would suck up a lot more tax money in legal and court fees and would drag on for many years.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The same person who said he was a feminist and then sold weapons to Saudi Arabia, the most "feminist" country in the world? It's PR talk, what matters most is what the reality is. And the reality is that indigenous people's lives are shit compared to the white population.
Trudeau didn't "Sell" weapons to Saudi Arabia, Stephen Harper did. He also locked us into a contract for selling those weapons for a set period of time with an almost impossibly dumb cancellation clause. Trudeau has spoken about wanting to cancel it a lot, and that they're looking for ways to get past the clauses signed in by Harper.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Although it may be politics. But western nations should be loud and clear on this as i have a bad feeling about what's going to go down in HK.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some hate Trudeau because he's everything the right hates. The conservatives and certain media up here have been going nuts trying to tear him down no matter what. Not to say that he's been perfect, there was a pretty big issue that got him in lots of trouble due to a company called SNC Lavlin and he went back on an election policy or two. But compared to the likes of Trump or Scheer. Trudeau is leagues better.
This. Of the bullshit we gotta deal with from different candidates there's way less bullshit with Trudeau. It's not even close. Scheer is like a Trump Junior without the stupidity.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know that he probably had to get this comment approved by the US like everything he says about China right?

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
The same person who said he was a feminist and then sold weapons to Saudi Arabia, the most "feminist" country in the world? It's PR talk, what matters most is what the reality is. And the reality is that indigenous people's lives are shit compared to the white population.
This is a great agenda to push. I bet Scheer would really help the indigenous population.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
are those canucks still stuck in hell?
China is losing Canadian tourism dollars over this but Canada is certainly not losing Chinese tourists. I wonder if China will put out some

Scheer doesn't give a shit about indigenous people.
And Jagmeet Singh would never win.
So I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
At least Trudeau is improving things slightly. That's better than nothing (which Singh would do because he'll never be elected) or making things worse which we know Scheer would do.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
China is losing Canadian tourism dollars over this but Canada is certainly not losing Chinese tourists. I wonder if China will put out some

And Jagmeet Singh would never win.
So I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
At least Trudeau is improving things slightly. That's better than nothing (which Singh would do because he'll never be elected) or making things worse which we know Scheer would do.
What am I trying to do? I'm trying to not idolize rich capitalist millionaires for PR talk.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
What am I trying to do? I'm trying to not idolize rich capitalist millionaires for PR talk.
So you're misrepresenting the current status of reconciliation and using Indigenous people as a rhetorical weapon to advance your own anti-Trudeau sentiments and aren't actually voicing informed support for Indigenous people or their causes in their dealing with the federal government involving reconciliation?

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So you're misrepresenting the current status of reconciliation and using Indigenous people as a rhetorical weapon to advance your own anti-Trudeau sentiments and aren't actually voicing informed support for Indigenous people or their causes in their dealing with the federal government involving reconciliation?
Not necessarily anti-Trudeau, rather anti-capitalist/statist, and Trudeau just so happens to be the current PM.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
What makes you think they care about improving people's lives? They care about themselves first and foremost.
There's nothing inherently wrong with serving oneself first, for example a doctor who becomes a doctor to make lots of money but still helps thousands of people is still probably a plus to society no?
Political parties serve their own self interests by getting votes.
Liberals get votes by trying to introduce policies that help the majority of people.
Conservatives get votes by introducing policies that help the elite first and foremost and appeal to uneducated people who think they are a stones throw away from being elite.

Trudeau and his party aren't perfect and can do a lot better but there is no other option in our country that will actually help people (who aren't already rich).

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's nothing inherently wrong with serving oneself first, for example a doctor who becomes a doctor to make lots of money but still helps thousands of people is still probably a plus to society no?
Political parties serve their own self interests by getting votes.
Liberals get votes by trying to introduce policies that help the majority of people.
Conservatives get votes by introducing policies that help the elite first and foremost and appeal to uneducated people who think they are a stones throw away from being elite.

Trudeau and his party aren't perfect and can do a lot better but there is no other option in our country that will actually help people (who aren't already rich).
I know that there is no option that will actually help people, that's why I think revolution is necessary.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I know that there is no option that will actually help people, that's why I think revolution is necessary.

Ah, how about trying to convince the idiots in charge to implement electoral reform, before deciding to go scorched earth? If electoral reform can be made a thing, then a situation where the NDP and the Liberals HAVE to work together to form majority governments, would hopefully result in policies that are far better than what there is now.