• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
justin_trudeau_yearbook_05.jpg

Justin Trudeau, Canada's prime minister, wore brownface makeup to a party at the private school where he was teaching in the spring of 2001. TIME has obtained a photograph of the incident.

The photograph has not been previously reported. The picture was taken at an "Arabian Nights"-themed gala. It shows Trudeau, then the 29-year-old son of the late former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, wearing a turban and robes with his face, neck and hands completely darkened. The photograph appears in the 2000-2001 yearbook of West Point Grey Academy, a private day school where Trudeau was a teacher.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Can't wait for Twitter chuds who have called Faith Goldy's bans from Twitter and Facebook as censorship to call for Trudeau's party leadership and say this is the worst thing ever.

(I know it's fucking awful, but as someone who lives in Doug Ford's Ontario, I can't fucking deal with more foundational destruction to our country)

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. I said gotdamn.

Just from reading the title I thought Trudeau just wore some bronzer like Jake did in Prince of Persia.
1454589038-jake-gyllenhaal-prince-of-persia.jpg

*Enter Thread* Dude went full Mr. Popo.
latest

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Suddenly, right wing shit heads will be concerned about brownface!

This is a bad look, but no way it significantly impacts this election.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I am shocked that the Liberal Party did not come in front of this at all (Like 5 years ago). Now they have to deal with it mid campaign.

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
He sucks.
By the way, is anyone surprised Trump doing blackface hasn't popped up yet? Given how frequently people seem to do this, I would be shocked if the racist-in-chief never did.

Last edited:

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
well it wont impact the right - left vote but may impact the liberal - ndp vote and thats no good

I am in the camp that thinks Canda is too racist to vote for Jagmeet, so I would be shocked to see that many people jump ship over this.

The left always devour their own.

I can see it affecting the election.

It's always possible, not gonna hold my breath for anything in canadian politics

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Suddenly, right wing shit heads will be concerned about brownface!

This is a bad look, but no way it significantly impacts this election.
Those were my thoughts as well. As for the 2nd part... it might sway NPD/Lib fence-sitters so I dunno. A good apology might work wonders here. Maybe I'm just cautiously optimistic though. :\

But yeah this isn't excusable, yes it's almost 20 years ago but even then he really should have known better. Trudeau needs to own to it and give a really solid apology.