• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The Korean and Japanese music industries archaic views on their performers having personal lives, including being in relationships, is one of the things that really turns me off of the whole scene.
Yeah, it's pathetic IMO. I fear for the moment members from the popular girl groups start openly dating, that's gonna be a shit show. And the day someone inevitably comes out as gay? Oh boy that's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Pink Tape

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet's cookie jar
C*be might be ok without Hyuna but the fact they have no loyalty or respect towards her after all she's done for that company is unacceptable. To not even have her in discussions about her leaving the company, really? C*be isn't the only offender when it comes to something like this but they are sure the most prominent example as of right now.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
All the conflicting statements and back-pedalling coming out of Cube is just amazing. Incompetence doesn't even begin to cover it.

The 2018 LOONA debut rankings results

Great work dude. Really nicely done.

Some unexpected results there, almost across the board. I figured Yves would be higher up, and I was surprised to see Chuu get so much love. Just about the only unsurprising thing was seeing Lip at the top.

Jinsoul still #1 in my heart.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I love me some CLC, but Cube has given them plenty of opportunities already and for one reason or another, they don't seem to work out.
Actually, their failures are 80% CUBE's fault. Image wise the group is all over the place. If they would've came out with one solid concept and stuck with it, they'd be in a better spot now. What they're doing with GI is what they should've done with CLC out the game.

GI has a clear, strong brand. CLC doesn't (they started out too cute and bland which is what really harmed them). Also they came out at the right time, right around why people were really thirsting for a BP comeback lol

Last edited:

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
0efdd169f5a04b5ca82aabd3f0e7eea1.jpeg

September Girl Group Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed
https://www.soompi.com/article/1227257wpp/september-girl-group-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed-2

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced the September 2018 brand reputation rankings for girl groups.

The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community indexes for 145,422,834 pieces of data collected from August 8 to September 7.
(G)I-DLE notably topped this month's ranking with an index of 16,747,959. This is a whopping 375.87 increase from their August total score.

Keyword analysis showed that high-ranking phrases associated with (G)I-DLE include, "lovable," "refreshing," and "cute." High-ranking related terms include "Hann," "Jeon So Yeon," and "first place." Their positivity-negativity analysis revealed a score of 67.14 percent positive reactions.
Red Velvet placed second with a total score of 15,869,005. They also saw an increase of 34.80 percent from their August score.

In third place was TWICE with an index of 14,191,895, which is a slight 8.06 percent decrease from August.
  1. (G)I-DLE
  2. Red Velvet
  3. TWICE
  4. BLACKPINK
  5. MAMAMOO
  6. Girls' Generation
  7. LOONA
  8. MOMOLAND
  9. WJSN
  10. Berry Good
  11. Lovelyz
  12. Apink
  13. AOA
  14. GFRIEND
  15. LABOUM
  16. Weki Meki
  17. T-ara
  18. DIA
  19. Oh My Girl
  20. April
  21. Girl's Day
  22. fromis_9
  23. EXID
  24. PRISTIN
  25. DreamCatcher
  26. CLC
  27. gugudan
  28. FIESTAR
  29. After School
  30. SONAMOO

September-girl-group-brand-reputation.jpg

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Figures, right as I discover Pentagon and actually get into some of their music, this happens a few days later... And it's been a long time since a namja idol group caught my interest.

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017

Anybody have a time machine I could borrow?

I want to relive this entire day again, that weekend was one of the best weekends in my entire life lol.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Pink Tape

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet's cookie jar
...as 10/13 members with all of China line missing even though Cheng Xiao is not in Rocket Girls.

I'm not thrilled that it isn't an OT13 cb but I'm trying to give it a fair shake cuz that's all I really can do. I would have preferred all the members participate in it but this was Starship's decision unfortunately.

I'm going to support the 10 members that are in it cuz they're going to need it.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Styling and performance. That debut was driven largely by Soyeon, and to a lesser degree, Cho Miyeon (who was supposed to be in Blackpink). Certain other members of the group didn't really gel with that concept until Alone.

??? The most talked about members after the song were Soyeon, Yuqi and Minnie.

There's a large section of the fanbase and general public that... don't notice Miyeon. She's kinda the... vanilla member.

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
G-Idle lost me with Hann/Alone tbh.

I loved Latata, and still think it's what a modernized BP would/should sound like instead of their current incarnation as Instagram models cosplaying as 2NE1.

But with Alone, it felt like their sound exponentially matured and it felt really off and out of place especially after Latata. Gone was the playfulness and fun vibe from their entire EP and it felt more like a song that some long-time artist would release when they're all coked-up and depressed at life.

It's not necessarily a bad thing I guess, but I just didn't really like how their next release sounded 10 years older when in reality, there's only a 3-4 month gap between Latata and Hann.

That said, if they go back to Latata's sound I can see myself coming back immediately lol.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My problem with Hann is that after all this time, I still only think of the chorus. The verses are such a non event I literally don't remember what they sound like.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Latata is fine.

It's great for an intro, but i was relieved they came back with Hann.

I don't need retrends of sounds that permeate... basically all of kpop right now.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I'm not alone. They have me a lot more excited than Red Velvet, BLACKPINK or Twice ever did.

I'll meet you part of the way on that if we're making comparisons. I like BP, but they were on the back burner for so long that they lost mind-share with me. G-Idle's debut dropped a month before Square Up, and I just outright like it better. Square Up went on the shelf after a few spins. Red Velvet is at the top of the mountain for me though.

Yea Soyeon is incredible. She stood out immediately in the group.

The talent was evident back on Produce 101. Easily one of the best rappers on that show, had a good feeling about her future. That Jelly solo last year was kinda ehhh tho.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here heard about BBC putting out Vertical ver. of some Loona MVs before?

Apparently they did some marketing for LG phones the past year and they publish some Loona MVs in portrait mode natively. So for those who has an LG smartphone can view and download it on some LG app.

I was browsing the Loona subreddit and found it there. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to the reddit post that contains the download link to the Loona vertical MVs in HD, but I'll share the youtube one here with their recent Hi High MV that someone uploaded. Go watch it on your smartphone or your desktop monitor in portrait mode. The Hi High MV contains a few new shots that was not in the original mv. There's Go Won's 'One&Only' vertical ver. as well which is pretty great.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here in Fort Worth for BTS, and I've never seen so many people waiting outside. It's ridiculous.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It's so true haha, but sadly Big Sancho has left C*be and this might have been shi last produced title for them. I hope they contract him still, he was their biggest hit producer after all.

I mean he still works with I-DLE.

But at the same time he only has two hits to his name. Which could be just as much attributed to Soyeon since she did as much work as him and is the sole writer on Latata and Hann.

3 if you count that he arranged Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.