• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
So uh, this video might have a real shot at number one video in 24 hours. Tracking way ahead of Blackpink and even BTS now.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Jihyo with short hair.

help-they-are-having-a-heart-attack-video.jpg

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like another Twice song. I only like the chorus and dance moves, both of which are a little stronger than their usual stuff. 7/10.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never get this nonsense about YouTube views in 'X' amount of hours..

A Kpop groups popularity is measured on sales of albums/shows right? Or is it on how many YouTube view's they get in 24 hours
Physical sales ~ size of the fanbase
Digital performance ~ actual popularity in South Korea (assuming no chart manipulation)
Youtube views ~ proportional to the fanbase size, proportionally inverse to the maturity of the fanbase

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Music shows are starting to use Youtube views too, so they're not as useless as they were some time ago.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube views ~ proportional to the fanbase size, proportionally inverse to the maturity of the fanbase

That is important to note. As a group gets older, YT tends to fall off first.

For young stans, "streaming" is literally listening to their favs newest single or video on repeat for days. Older fans generally don't have the time or wherewithal to do the same.

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017
SM giving EXO NCT-leftovers.

eda26h7gxnsjmxwhhwm5.jpg

I hate the robotic voice and some parts, but acapella part is great. DOn't think the song is bad overall, but had potential to be way better. Gotta listen to the whole album, wonder if title track will be worst song another year.

... they realize this is supposed to be a song, right?
Maybe YG forgot.

Just popping in to say it's ridiculous that Bboom Bboom wasn't nominated for SOTY. It deserved to win!

Rooting for Love Scenario now.
Love Scenario won't win any award, even if it's the obvious SOTY because iKon won't attend...

Twice should comeback every Halloween, their best releases.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Yes or Yes musically felt like one of their B sides, and not one of the better ones. I felt the same way with TT though so what do I know.

Hard to follow up up what is love and dtna though, those two songs were really good.
I'm more looking forward to who the new Nilo will be this time.

Oct 27, 2017
I voted Sana as my number 1 this year (had Mina first last year). Waiting to listen to the TWICE song until I get home (hoping for something amazing).

That EXO song is a mess, couldn't finish it.

Edit: Also, that (G)I-DLE song is great.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Found the new Twice to be okay. Better than DTNA(which I find meh) and around the same level as What Is Love which I enjoyed. Still think BDZ is there best release of the year though.

Also did not enjoy the new EXO song but that album is prettyyyyyyyy good. Literally just vocals for all the tracks which is pretty refreshing.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched the MV for Yes or Yes. Everyone looks great, and the choreography is pretty fun.

The song is alright though, but hopefully it'll grow on me. It took me a while to appreciate Signal. I fell in love with What Is Love and Dance The Night Away on my first listen however. The ahhh part was the best part of the song.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
For understandable reasons don't think an IU dance practice vid has ever been posted in this thread's existence across two sites.

아이유(IU) : '삐삐(BBIBBI)' DANCE PRACTICE

From what relatively little I've seen she's creative, somewhat more introspective than the average idol her age (particularly in contrast to standard maknae types) and has seemingly skewed more towards gender nonconformity than other members.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I actually enjoy the new Twice Song... I haven't enjoyed anything new from them since I learned about them a year and a half ago

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Twice this year has sucked. I guess What is Love wins by default, but even that one was bolstered by the MV.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Gugudan finally snapped. Guess it was inevitable. It always pleases me when groups drop the sweet crap and opt for something badass. With groups like BlackPink and GIDLE, companies are probably realizing that girl crush concepts are the future. Hell, even Twice is flirting with it.

That Key song is dope too.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Well, Gugudan finally snapped. Guess it was inevitable. It always pleases me when groups drop the sweet crap and opt for something badass. With groups like BlackPink and GIDLE, companies are probably realizing that girl crush concepts are the future. Hell, even Twice is flirting with it.

That Key song is dope too.
Cute concept should be a thing of the past and girl crush concept should standard moving forward in the future. I think Twice always had it in them to do girl crush but jyp is like there too much money to leave on the table to not do Cute concept for Twice. 'Yes or Yes' feels more like a jyp song then most of Twice songs.

Anyways always here to support my i.o.i members and their group ^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
There is room for cute concepts, girl crush concepts and sexy concepts and there has always been. Companies just like to stick to formulas and following trends.

Gugudan song is just ok, I feel like this latin trend is going to get old fast if nobody is going to do anything exciting with it.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
There is room for cute concepts, girl crush concepts and sexy concepts and there has always been. Companies just like to stick to formulas and following trends.

Gugudan song is just ok, I feel like this latin trend is going to get old fast if nobody is going to do anything exciting with it.
And folks would get bored as fuck if everyone was girl crush.

Shouldn't confuse preference with superiority.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, I kinda don't dislike cute stuff. That Fromis_9 song is a little cute and I love it. Same with OMG. I just hate old Apink/Gfriend type shit lol. But, yeah, it shouldn't go away because some folks are still in to that.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's easy for gugudan to do girl crush when they consist of so many visuals. Pristin did it first out of the ioi idol generation, when are they gonna release a full grp single again!? I'm okay with PristinV only too...

Sana fills in for a lot of girl crush stuff looking.at all her interactions with Momo and cams.

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Twice could probably get away with girl crush. Dreamcatcher could. Pristin could.

Fromis_9, WSJN, and some others have elements, but I think it'd be a little harder.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

WJSN already had Girl Crush concepts.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Smh Jeongyeon at 8. Really guys? Entire J-line in the top 3 though, which is good. :D
Not too impressed with the November songs thus far.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Physical sales ~ size of the fanbase
Digital performance ~ actual popularity in South Korea (assuming no chart manipulation)

This aint true. Shinhwa, SuJu, G.O.D. and TVXQ fanbases are complete crybaby shitlords andthey give no fucks about youtube

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's already getting old. I'd rather we didn't move away from tropical house if this is the alternative, to be honest.

If Red Velvet comes back with a latin inspired sound, I'll snap.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What is a girl crush concept? It's everything that goes in between overly cute and overly sexual? People have been using that term a lot for a while but I don't think I ever got it...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
What is a girl crush concept? It's everything that goes in between overly cute and overly sexual? People have been using that term a lot for a while but I don't think I ever got it...
Concepts meant to appeal to women.

Usually self empowering types of things.

I don't think its everything not overly cute or overly sexy, but rather things that enamor women to the women performing.

For instance Mamamoo are considered girl crush, but so is Red Velvet and (G)I-DLE

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Concepts that appeal to women, that looks like a very very wide definition... But ok, if it means more groups like Mamamoo, RV and (G)-IDLE, I'm totally up for it as well.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Concepts meant to appeal to women.

Usually self empowering types of things.

I don't think its everything not overly cute or overly sexy, but rather things that enamor women to the women performing.

For instance Mamamoo are considered girl crush, but so is Red Velvet and (G)I-DLE
Yeah, it's more about empowering other women and looking cool/tough.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Girl crush are generally more adult and appealing to women. Think "girl power". For example, 2NE1:

It's not cute, but it's also not overtly sexual, like a sexy concept. Here's Stellar randomly for an example of that.

Some groups toe the line, like GIDLE or Mamamoo. Some groups are purely girl crush, like 2NE1 follow-up Blackpink or Dreamcatcher. Some groups can switch, like CLC going from pure/innocent in Where Are You?

To girl crush in Hobgoblin and Black Dress:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Huh? If they are crybaby shitlords, what are Blackpink, Twice, BTS and EXO fanbases then?

I mean they've been bad but like some of those groups I mentioned have kill counts.

Like I remember when Cassies back in 2015 bought a line of buses to encircle Ikon's concert...To bitch at them because of colors

Or when Elfs forced sungmin out of tye group.

Or when G.O.D. fans in 2014 shipped luke 50 crates of toilet paper to Cube just to bitch about BtoB.

Age don't change nothing.

491918.jpg

Kpop fans have never been tamer than the current iteration.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Until a current gen idol has been almost killed by one of their fans.

I can't call any of them as bad as the previous set.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
We are in 2018 almost 2019 as a reference. Those fandoms are now more mature, the reason why they aren't getting that many youtube views.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
3 of those things I mentioned are from the last 4 years.

Half of the groups I mentioned are i
Over 20 years old

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking the new Twice song, with exception of the intro. Jihyo is looking great with that short hair

Status
Not open for further replies.