• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
JYP trainee (and presumably next gg member) Hwang Yeji performing Zara Larsson's Ain't My Fault.

That dance break's pretty good. She's got some moves.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
999A084B5BFEE53D08

2018 Asia Artist Awards 'Rising Star' - Fromis_9
https://www.instagram.com/fromis_9/p/BqudoWKHUnr/
https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=112&aid=0003102821

Youth Performed by 우주소녀 다원 (WJSN DAWON)

[스쿨오브락] EXID(이엑스아이디) @유한공고 (ENG SUB)

프로미스나인 (fromis_9) 'Flaylist' '이기광(Lee Gi-kwang) - 꿈 (Feat. 승연(Luizy))' covered by #서연 X #새롬

Oct 25, 2017

Under-serving their best vocalist while shoe-horning in too much mediocre rapping? Yep that's a Got7-ass Got7 ballad.

JYP trainee (and presumably next gg member) Hwang Yeji performing Zara Larsson's Ain't My Fault.

That dance break's pretty good. She's got some moves.

Wouldn't it be something if JYP's next gg bucked convention and actually let its members perform choreo that goes hard.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Twice at Running Man was great. They really needed a full episode since last time was only like 10 minutes. Was super fun to watch.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I immediately knew that RBB would be (perhaps understandably) divisive since it's not exactly conventional. Even I wasn't completely sold at first, but I've definitely joined the side that loves it.

Could be that I was more used to the Korean version of Bad Boy, but RBB's English version really elevates the song for me. Super excited to see that and the rest of the mini at Redmare next year! The choreography for Butterflies when they line up near the end is so pretty and I will be able to die happy after seeing that.

Last edited:

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017

Their voices literally blend so well!

I think i watch too much Empire, i have now been leaning toward hip hop

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't it be something if JYP's next gg bucked convention and actually let its members perform choreo that goes hard.

It sure would. So often post-debut choreography doesn't seem to live up to the hype of pre-debut dance practice or dance cover videos.

Is it E-Girls that has some members who are just dancers? I'd like to see a Korean girl group try that concept, and avoid having to compromise choreography for the sake of vocals.

dsll2s7vsaapx-0.jpgor0oiy5.jpg

K-pop stylists strike again.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Btw im establishing up a spotify playlist containing B side korean songs. Any idea?

For now i still have BoA and red velvet inside the list, and I plan to make it contain more variety. The playlist concept is to embrace all hidden gems, all by various korean artists

Indie music is okay too. In fact it is literally very very okay. Oh, before i forget I also set the playlist on collaboration, so yeah it is said you can help to add some tracks too but i do not know how that works yet

Oct 27, 2017
f(x) has a lot of great hidden gems!

On a random note, Favorite by Loona has really grown on me. Thought it was alright at first but now it's one of my favorites of the year

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Btw im establishing up a spotify playlist containing B side korean songs. Any idea?

For now i still have BoA and red velvet inside the list, and I plan to make it contain more variety. The playlist concept is to embrace all hidden gems, all by various korean artists

Indie music is okay too. In fact it is literally very very okay. Oh, before i forget I also set the playlist on collaboration, so yeah it is said you can help to add some tracks too but i do not know how that works yet

Let's start with this.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
RBB restored my faith in Red Velvet's choreography. Bad Boy was pretty laid back (fits the song I guess), and Power Up's was terrible. However, RBB and Butterflies are amazing.

F(x) has a lot of great B sides. Hopefully they get a 10th Anniversary comeback next year.

Make sure to add Girls Generation - One Last Time on the playlist. Oh GG's Fermata is also great.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone else has Youtube Music. But it's saying the newest Grimes song features Gugudan...? It looks like an official upload, is my Youtube Music glitching? Or did I just not hear about this?
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=gYG_4vJ4qNA

Edit: Apparently you can watch Youtube Music links without having a subscription.

Last edited:

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
It sure would. So often post-debut choreography doesn't seem to live up to the hype of pre-debut dance practice or dance cover videos.

Is it E-Girls that has some members who are just dancers? I'd like to see a Korean girl group try that concept, and avoid having to compromise choreography for the sake of vocals.

K-pop stylists strike again.

lol that shirt is great.

But yeah e-girls, like the male group their spun off from has dancers only with about 2-5 vocalists (or more depending on the song)

Also K-popra, got a random request. Anyone know any good English songs/English versions of current popular k-pop group songs. like do BTS, Seventeen, Twice and what not have English versions of songs/songs in general. Even better if there is a video. Please and thanks for any info to point me in the right direction guys

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
lol that shirt is great.

But yeah e-girls, like the male group their spun off from has dancers only with about 2-5 vocalists (or more depending on the song)

Also K-popra, got a random request. Anyone know any good English songs/English versions of current popular k-pop group songs. like do BTS, Seventeen, Twice and what not have English versions of songs/songs in general. Even better if there is a video. Please and thanks for any info to point me in the right direction guys
Do you mean english version as in a cover song? Or a demo version?

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite reaction to RV music is when the person chooses to focus on their outfits. That basically means "I hated the song but am afraid of how my audience will react if I put up any criticism."

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Like English version of an actual k-pop song, not k-pop group covering an English song.
There are almost none. Red Velvet has english versions of Bady Boy and Really Bad Boy (lol).

NCT is the only recent example with a MV that comes to my mind.

There are some indie artists releasing english versions of their songs, but not many.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Laboum has released some great songs this year . . . that have gone totally ignored. That video is too damn long. They should've cut the zombie crap.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Anti tells DIA's Yebin that IU would never show her love, IU immediately swoops in to show her love

Legend.

This week on Fraud Watch:

Lee Young Ja's Agency Responds To Her Brother Being Accused Of Fraud
Lee Sang Yeob's Agency Responds To His Father Being Accused Of Fraud
Girls' Generation's Tiffany Responds To Allegations Of Fraud Against Her Father

I don't know if anyone else has Youtube Music. But it's saying the newest Grimes song features Gugudan...? It looks like an official upload, is my Youtube Music glitching? Or did I just not hear about this?
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=gYG_4vJ4qNA

Don't know what's going on there. The title of that same video lacks the reference to Gugudan when viewed through vanilla YouTube.

It's a pretty awesome track though.

Ah OK, thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
Spotify's wrapped 2018 comes out tomorrow. This was my first full year using it, so can't wait to see what I listened to the most. I believe it takes data from music listened to from Jan 1, 2018 to Oct 31, 2018

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
There are almost none. Red Velvet has english versions of Bady Boy and Really Bad Boy (lol).

NCT is the only recent example with a MV that comes to my mind.

There are some indie artists releasing english versions of their songs, but not many.

Hmm that sucks. Thanks though, I know there are some older songs like fantastic baby and what not that have English versions so was hoping newer groups would too now that the genre is more popular.

Its for some teenagers who like kpop so of course bts, black pink and what not are their go toos for kop these days.

Thanks tho!

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
f(x) was too good for this world.

Lots of great songs in that post by questionmark.

'10 Seconds' instantly became one of AOA's best songs when it was released.

This week on Fraud Watch:
995337345BF93B1A12

How quickly people have forgotten about KARD...

15 amazing English-language K-pop songs
https://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2018/05/22/15-amazing-english-language-k-pop-songs

↑↑↑ That link has a few. Of course, there are others such as this:

120111 Wonder Girls - Be My Baby English Vers.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Of course I remember KARD, but sadly, 14 year old Japanese kids are not gonna know who they are. Thats the target audience here. Teacher friend got asked about it, and then asked me since I like Korean music lol. So looking for something by a bigger group that is also current to the last 2-3 years at latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.