• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
rNCpmSF.png

Plenty of stuff released earlier in the year, as expected.

Also, the custom thread banner functionality is on. I put a Christmasy LOONA one to fit the season, but I would lie, to have different alternatives and keep cycling through them (maybe one per month?)
I'm well aware that the new one looks good on phone and like shit on desktop, but I think that something would fit both would be difficult to achieve. In any case, youa re more thna welcome to post ideas or pics, ideally satisfying the requirements and correct format:

These uploads have a recommended resolution of at least 600x1000 and will be limited to 250kb (easily achieved with reasonable jpg compression).

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Lil Wayne is my most listened to artist this year? Ha . . . The Carter V got some crazy playtime from me!

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
JXTPNgh.png

Definitely something wrong with the top songs portion. Forget wasn't even in any of my playlists, and No Worries by the same artist isn't even my most played song by that artist, let alone one of my most played song of the year. I can barely recognize No Worries, while I can't say I've ever heard Forget before. Now one of the reasons my minutes listened is so high is because I often leave spotify running while I'm not on my computer, so I suspect that these two songs might have been on repeat for hours on end or something, but then I would have expected to see the artist on top artists. You Win Again by the Bee Gees definitely got robbed, I've ben listening to it at ton this year.

Anyway, happy to see AS at the top of top artists, though AS, Sistar and OMG definitely got boosts when I was working on my top 10 lists for reddit. Surprised SIstar made it even with that tbh, but they did kind of go out with a bang in their final year.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
I blame my khiphop playlist lol
47aa13400c.jpg

Also, the custom thread banner functionality is on. I put a Christmasy LOONA one to fit the season, but I would lie, to have different alternatives and keep cycling through them (maybe one per month?)
I'm well aware that the new one looks good on phone and like shit on desktop, but I think that something would fit both would be difficult to achieve. In any case, youa re more thna welcome to post ideas or pics, ideally satisfying the requirements and correct format:

I'm diggin it. Super lame the desktop version doesn't show the whole image unlike the mobile version though.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
ABBA is my top artist lol. But I've moved onto Apple Music so numbers not too massive

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Smart-Select-Image-2018-12-06-20-10-24.png

My top artist is *hilariously* BoA!! Been her hardcore fan since i was high school, at that time we only had casettee and cds. Casettes were only ones affordable at that time especially for high schoolers. Lol. Her first album that i bought is Shine We Are i guees and the Best of Soul and Moto. I wish she could bring back her heavy tomboyish voice that she used to have back then, it sounds sexy

And it also seems Way Back Home is almost everyone's favourite top song of the year?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic, kinda: I'm loving the new features here like the thread banners and 🤔😎😂😍

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Sori is selling her "used" latex outfits from her "Touch" video. This is . . . eh . . . at least she knows her fans? I'll support her Kickstarter, no latex bodysuits required! 😚

Song is still great:

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Sori is selling her "used" latex outfits from her "Touch" video. This is . . . eh . . . at least she knows her fans? I'll support her Kickstarter, no latex bodysuits required! 😚

Song is still great:

I'm still curious about the kickstarter for funding her next single not having the actual music as a reward. I'd would jump in if it had a signed album tier or something, oh well.

Speaking of crowdfunding, LABOUM has releases a makestar project for the album they just released, which is odd since they could be just selling the album straight up from their own page or something instead of going through a campaign. I'm jumping in anyway, I'm loving the title track despite the convoluted MV and the acoustic version of Between Us it comes with also great.

They did their comeback stage today and it was also nice, theya re really shining with these more mature concepts.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still curious about the kickstarter for funding her next single not having the actual music as a reward. I'd would jump in if it had a signed album tier or something, oh well.

Speaking of crowdfunding, LABOUM has releases a makestar project for the album they just released, which is odd since they could be just selling the album straight up from their own page or something instead of going through a campaign. I'm jumping in anyway, I'm loving the title track despite the convoluted MV and the acoustic version of Between Us it comes with also great.

They did their comeback stage today and it was also nice, theya re really shining with these more mature concepts.
I saw that with Laboum and thought the same. They must really need some money. I'll support that too. And yeah, I love the more mature stuff from them. Seems like they've changed since Yulhee went rogue and got knocked up then married lol.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So BTS's LY: Tear got nominated for a Grammy....for Best Recording Package. Kind of disappointing they didn't get a nomination for best pop album or video, but hey, it's cool a Kpop act got nominated for something.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
So BTS's LY: Tear got nominated for a Grammy....for Best Recording Package. Kind of disappointing they didn't get a nomination for best pop album or video, but hey, it's cool a Kpop act got nominated for something.
Even though the Grammys are a joke, that BTS album... Is not that good? The video is also whatever. Not surprised of the lack of nominations regarding their musical output.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, I'm happy they were nominated for something but I was hoping it would be for their music. Tear is my favorite album of the Love Yourself series, so I'm happy it's getting recognized in some way.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTS moving up in packaging...
everyone's spotify lists are cool

unwinding to very oldie
Travel Sketch - That's Life, Isn't It? [MV]

Park Hwayobi - Lie

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always down for some more Dreamcatcher! Their last comeback really grew on me. Those stages were hype as fuck.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even though the Grammys are a joke, that BTS album... Is not that good? The video is also whatever. Not surprised of the lack of nominations regarding their musical output.

I enjoyed that album, and I would give it a nomination over Taylor Swift which was a pretty disappointing album. I agree with all the other nominees however. Tough competition this time around.

At least BTS is still making history with the LY series.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed that album, and I would give it a nomination over Taylor Swift which was a pretty disappointing album. I agree with all the other nominees however. Tough competition this time around.

At least BTS is still making history with the LY series.
There are at least 10 albums on the top of my head that deserve that Taylor Swift spot, but none of them is that BTS album.

Let's be honest, the only chance of a none english speaking album making those lists is if it's an excellent piece of work, and 99% of kpop albums aren't.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There are at least 10 albums on the top of my head that deserve that Taylor Swift spot, but none of them is that BTS album.

Let's be honest, the only chance of a none english speaking album making those lists is if it's an excellent piece of work, and 99% of kpop albums aren't.

I agree with you on the last paragraph. This was the best shot a Kpop album would've been nominated with all the hype and buzz behind it but oh well.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, this actually sounds better in Chinese, weird. I normally like the first version I hear the most, but this sounds more . . . adorable? 🤔

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's totally going to be an acronym of something stupid. In any case, I thought they were going to do a survival show for the next girl group (referenced as Sixteen 2 for investors earlier this year) so I wonder if that could be the name of the show.

Kind of disappointed that JYP is going to debut another girl group and SM has nothing since Red Velver. They had plans to debut one this year, but it fell through due to lack of talent from the trainees they have/had.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah SM is really dropping the ball. They should've had another big, TWICE-like group on deck as soon as SNSD basically broke up. Honestly, I don't expect much from the big three in terms of girl groups anymore. Seems like the best stuff comes from smaller companies.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How could they bring out a new group when TWICE is already filling up all comeback oportunities with monthly comebacks. :p

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
How could they bring out a new group when TWICE is already filling up all comeback opportunities with monthly comebacks. :p

They'll probably be a different feel, like GOT7 and Stray Kids. I'd expect something edgier or more girl crush.

Oh, it's totally going to be an acronym of something stupid. In any case, I thought they were going to do a survival show for the next girl group (referenced as Sixteen 2 for investors earlier this year) so I wonder if that could be the name of the show.

Kind of disappointed that JYP is going to debut another girl group and SM has nothing since Red Velver. They had plans to debut one this year, but it fell through due to lack of talent from the trainees they have/had.

I mean, you can see exactly how many rookies they have at any time, because of SM Rookies. (English Profiles) All the boys are being funneled into NCT at the moment—many of the boys right now are trainees for NCT China—and the girls are for the next group. Scanning the list, the problem seems to be that they probably want a larger group, like NCT or Girls Generation, but they only have 4-5 female trainees ready. At that number, they risk stepping on Red Velvet's toes and it's not like SM needs another group at the moment.

SM's current focus, according to an interview the CEO, is localization, hence NCT China. JYP is moving in the same direction, with Boy Story in China and a planned Japanese girl group. Which is to say, expect maybe a new girl group from each in 2019 or 2020, but it's not the focus.

Which is fine, given album sales and whatnot. Here's the closest to updated album sales for this year. Looking at girl groups only (the first 13 are boy groups):

# BLACKPINK - "Square Up" - 142,280 (180620) Oct 31 #
# TWICE - "What Is Love?" - 139,251 (180410) Oct 31 #
# TWICE - "Summer Nights" - 123,705 (180710) Oct 31 #
# Red Velvet - "Summer Magic" ltd ed - 59,080 (180806) Oct 31 #
# Red Velvet - "The Perfect Red Velvet" - 58,937 (180129) Oct 31 #
# IZ*ONE - "COLOR*IZ (CD ver)" - 53,670 (181029) Oct 31 #
# Taeyeon - "Something New" - 48,743 (180619) Sep 30 #
# Mamamoo - "Yellow Flower" - 38,445 (180307) Sep 30 #
# WJSN - "Dream Your Dream" - 38,412 (180227) Oct 31 #
# APINK - "ONE & SIX" - 37,658 (180702) Sep 30 #
# Red Velvet - "Summer Magic" std ed - 37,129 (180806) Oct 31 #
# Lovelyz - "Heal" - 32,972 (180423) Jun 30 #
# Mamamoo - "Red Moon" - 32,942 (180716) Oct 31 #
# OMG - "Secret Garden" - 31,574 (180109) Sep 30 #
Girls' Generation-Oh!GG - "Lil' Touch" - 31,443 (180905) Oct 31
# fromis_9 - "from.9" Regular ver. - 24,902 (181010) Oct 31 #
# GFriend - "Sunny Summer" Sunny ver - 19,039 (180719) Oct 31 #
# Oh My Girl - "Remember Me" - 18,748 (180910) Oct 31 #
# Momoland - "Great!" - 16,418 (180103) Sep 30 #
# GFriend - "Sunny Summer" Summer ver - 15,831 (180719) Sep 30 #
# gugudan - "Cait Sith" - 15,488 (180201) Jun 30 #
# (G)I-DLE - "I Am" - 15,155 (180503) Sep 30 #
# Pristin V - "Like A V" - 13,814 (180529) Sep 30 #
# Yuri - "The First Scene" - 12,882 (181004) Oct 31 #
# Jeong Eunji - "Hyehwa" - 11,731 (181017) Oct 31 #
# OMG Banhana - "Banana Allergy Monkey" - 11,590 (180402) Sep 30 #
# Uni.T - "Line" - 10,854 (180525) Jun 30 #
# Twice - "Merry & Happy" - 10,269 (accum. 73,535) (171212) Jun 30 #

I could keep going, but if you don't see your favorite groups, it's because their album sales were below 10K in sales. (Female groups tend to do stronger in digital. You can see those charts here.)

Gaon Weekly Totals for 2018 so far:

There's a bunch of other cumulative charts at that link.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I hope JYPE puts some good vocalists in the group. Twice has too many non-singers. You can tell that they put looks over everything else. I want something like OMG, a group with at least three singers that could be main vocalists.

Also, it'd be nice if they had no more than five members--making another large group will just draw comparisons and lead to more of the same (too many "idol" singers).

Last edited:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We have Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Mina and Nayeon when she doesn't crack up. Just give us a grp of 5 who can sing, make it 4+1 rapper.

JYP remembering that he has chinese singers and doesn't have to use preteens to get into the market.

She deserves a spot a the top. 🙏

Last edited:

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
That's an unexpected choice of musical direction for Fei. It's almost trot-esque (or whatever the Chinese equivalent of trot is).

Cool to see Hiragana Keyakizaka46 at MAMA day one.

restmb_allidxmake.phpfce5m.jpg

Sasaki Kumi gave a little acceptance speech in Korean which was a nice touch.

Meanwhile, Nature performed a neat a cappella version of Allegro Cantabile:

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017

Really nice to see Ladies Code out of the "dungeon" so to speak. It's a cute little Christmas song for us Lavelys but that's really it. That said, iirc Ashley said they'll be having a proper comeback early next year so get hype for that if you didn't like this I guess lol.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Seating chart for Red Velvet's Newark show is out. Last concert I've been to was a YG Family concert in Korea back in 1999. How dead am I trying to get seats close to the stage?

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
It has a MV

It's ok, nothing groundbreaking or anything.

They were the highlight of today's MAMA, IMO. Loved their nods at the What is Love MV.

Also, Eyedi teasing another release, just in case you thought you could do your end of the year lists early

Status
Not open for further replies.