• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
It has a MV

It's ok, nothing groundbreaking or anything.

They were the highlight of today's MAMA, IMO. Loved their nods at the What is Love MV.

Also, Eyedi teasing another release, just in case you thought you could do your end of the year lists early

Their recent music are very good, i love What is Love the most. I think i have been givin them a chance startin from What is Love era, not a fan of Likey and TT though 😔😔

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not familiar with the original but I do really like this cover:

IZ*ONE X AKB48 X Nogizaka46 X Keyakizaka46:

The song is fine and all but it's awesome to see so many GOAT idols performing together on the same stage.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
'TWICE' Full Cut @2018 MAMA in Japan 181212

TWICE "The Best Thing I Ever Did(올해 제일 잘한 일)" JACKET VIDEO

992EEB395C0FC6892A

99A006505C0FC9D725

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Looking for help/recommendations..

I'm wanting to get my daughter something unique for Christmas so I'm looking for some ideas. She's got a couple of favorite k-pop bands, but currently she's hooked on TWICE.

Any shops/items you could recommend, especially ones with fast shipping?

Thanks!

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for help/recommendations..

I'm wanting to get my daughter something unique for Christmas so I'm looking for some ideas. She's got a couple of favorite k-pop bands, but currently she's hooked on TWICE.

Any shops/items you could recommend, especially ones with fast shipping?

Thanks!

Get the Twice Candy Bong/lightstick/lamp.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TWICE-CAND...h=item3f6d91eaa5:g:z0sAAOSwn7JYCbFX:rk:1:pf:0

$60 with shipping and the seller I linked is one of the long-standing American K-Pop stores based in LA... they're also my go to store when I buy albums.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Maybe sounds a bit too much like her hit song in the first half, but it seems like her last one wasn't recieved as well, so welcome back Heize-

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Question for those of you who have been to shows.

I'm considering seeing Red Velvet in Chicago. I'm a so-so fan, honestly I was hoping someone like Chung-Ha or BP to come. Is it worth going to one?

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm considering seeing Red Velvet in Chicago. I'm a so-so fan, honestly I was hoping someone like Chung-Ha or BP to come. Is it worth going to one?

There's a good chance BP is touring next year here. They've been hinting it, so wait for them. Getting tickets for BP will be insane.

Getting RV tickets was a bloodbath. No surprise since AXS is such a crappy site.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm very biased but I would say it's 100% worth it. I went to the fanmeet earlier this year and their performances were so good. I would act fast though!

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone going to RV's Newark show? Noticed my ticket says "limited view seating" after I had already bought it. Did I fuck up?

The seat doesn't look that bad on the seating chart though. Row EE, Seat 18.
Newark Seating Chart

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My friend and I managed to get 2 P2 tickets for the Chicago show. I still can't believe I get to see them again. We're seeing Tiffany Young and Oh My Girl too so the first three months of 2019 are gonna be lit.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Reveluvs are not playing

I guess no one is buying the seats on the side because you can't get a good view of the dance formation, but the tickets are still priced $200.

G2kj3wD.png

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
IAA2Klu.png

It's not as cool as Spotify's, but it does the job.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Reveluvs are not playing

I guess no one is buying the seats on the side because you can't get a good view of the dance formation, but the tickets are still priced $200.

G2kj3wD.png

TX Reveluvs would be happy to see those tickets available (or any for that matter). They sold out in less than an hour. Probably faster since the site kept crashing. Got P1 fortunately.

There seems to a good amount of tickets available for Florida. Not a big KPop market there I imagine.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017

Solo just won the Triple Crown at Inkigayo and will now be retired from the contest. A song has to be insanely popular in Korea to win three times.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Yay, will you stop promoting also?
I mean, its been the most popular song in this industry for well over a month. Moreover only 6 artists have reached this accomplishment since Inkigayo introduced the new format 5 years ago: Sunmi, Taeyang from BB, Taeyeon from SNSD, IU, Psy, and now her. In addition to the way it has dominated the charts and set Youtube records, the continued popularity of the song is significant and worth discussion in spite of your questionable music tastes. It's not my fault the song continues to make news and rack up wins this long after release.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Solo is undeserving. Honestly, most wins don't impress me because it's rarely about how good the song is.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also think Solo is pretty mediocre, but let the guy be happy that his bias is doing good sales and popularity wise. Be more empathetic, it'll take a while until the next Black Pink release after all.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017

You spent 20 minutes compiling charts thinking you "Owned" me only to prove me right, and that I accurately remembered all of the past winners as well. Bands regularly get it but individual artists need to reach an insane level of cultural capital in order to pull it off.

Edit: I guess G Dragon only won the Triple Crown once and it was before the change.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
You spent 20 minutes compiling charts thinking you "Owned" me only to prove me right, and that I accurately remembered all of the past winners as well.

Not really. There's a section on Wikipedia with all the triple crowns. You also said "artists" which include pretty much every group. Triple crown Inkigayo are pretty much for 'Flavour of the Month' as you can see on those pictures I've linked.

Bands regularly get it but individual artists need to reach an insane level of cultural capital in order to pull it off.

Individual artists don't need to go to shows for a month to prove how popular they are. And they certainly don't need noisy stans talking about how good 3 wins are. Because man, imagine overselling 3 wins this much when it's something pretty much every major release does.

And we're talking about Jennie, YG artist. If she was an indie artist she wouldn't have any wins at all.

Anyway, message me back when Solo gets a PAK or Jennie gets a solo award like actual popular songs and solo artists in Korea do. Not just records about how much stans have streamed their songs over and over on YouTube. You should be boycotting YG for his foul management of the group like your fellow Blinks are doing. That'll be better for the group in general.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

This sounds very promising.

You spent 20 minutes compiling charts thinking you "Owned" me only to prove me right, and that I accurately remembered all of the past winners as well. Bands regularly get it but individual artists need to reach an insane level of cultural capital in order to pull it off.
You could just admit that you got your facts wrong (or misleading on purpose), that it's not a big deal, and move on. I mean, good for her getting succes doing the bare minimum, but I would be more surprised if Teddy decided to give her or her group material that belongs in this decade at this point.

And yeah, there are also plenty of succesful soloists that have better things to do than to go through the music show circus several times per month for some inconsequential wins, like Heize, Roy Kim, Trot Noona, etc.

Last edited:

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
You could just admit that you got your facts wrong (or misleading on purpose), that it's not a big deal, and move on. I mean, good for her getting succes doing the bare minimum, but I would be more surprised if Teddy decided to give her or her group material that belongs in this decade at this point.

And yeah, there are also plenty of succesful soloists that have better things to do than to go through the music show circus several times per month for some inconsequential wins, like Heize, Roy Kim, Trot Noona, etc.
I mean okay, I guess I should have added the qualifier "Individual" in front of artist, but I would hope that common sense would allow a person to realize what was meant in context: I only named individuals rather than groups and I specified the groups they were from. It seems like an obvious thing to me, I dunno.

And besides that, this new standard you are attempting to introduce is ridiculous. We discuss these music show wins every week here. Even if their significance is overstated (Something which I agree with), the idea that they do not matter at all in the Kpop scene all of a sudden is pretty strange. If they didn't matter at all, they would not be sent to compete on these shows in the first place. Moreover, I imagine it has to be irritating for people who think Teddy's music is "Outdated" to reconcile one song or another song he produced spending, half the year at the top of the charts. I'd say that alone proves he has a good idea of what current music trends are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

Eyedi's new track sounds great so far, it drops in less than 5 hours.

I mean okay, I guess I should have added the qualifier "Individual" in front of artist, but I would hope that common sense would allow a person to realize what was meant in context: I only named individuals rather than groups and I specified the groups they were from. It seems like an obvious thing to me, I dunno.

And besides that, this new standard you are attempting to introduce is ridiculous. We discuss these music show wins every week here. Even if their significance is overstated (Something which I agree with), the idea that they do not matter at all in the Kpop scene all of a sudden is pretty strange. If they didn't matter at all, they would not be sent to compete on these shows in the first place.
It's exciting when a group gets their first win, or some particular milestones (#SNSD100thwin), but they get barely discussed here, I wonder when was the last time someone even mentioned a triple crown, lol. TWICE got 2 this year and for being a very Twice focused community, nobody gave a damn, lol.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
To each his own, I guess. If you don't care about award wins then that is all there is to say, this thread has probably gotten a bit too off topic so I apologize for the clutter to those reading.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Solo just won the Triple Crown at Inkigayo and will now be retired from the contest. A song has to be insanely popular in Korea to win three times.

Indeed. Twice won it three times this year!

It's exciting when a group gets their first win, or some particular milestones (#SNSD100thwin), but they get barely discussed here, I wonder when was the last time someone even mentioned a triple crown, lol. TWICE got 2 this year and for being a very Twice focused community, nobody gave a damn, lol.

Three, as Heart Shaker's third win was in January.

But yeah.

I also think Solo is pretty mediocre, but let the guy be happy that his bias is doing good sales and popularity wise. Be more empathetic, it'll take a while until the next Black Pink release after all.

We generally don't have a problem with someone loving a bias. We all got them. We're not all going to like your fav, or every song they release. It's how you deliver that love and fandom is key. We have Red Velvet, BTS, EXO, Loona, Momoland stans in here. No reason to smug really. Just enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The majority of Twices best songs are their b-sides that don't get performed, so there isn't much to discuss on that front. Come on, peform those instead of Yes or Yes and one of their other hit singles from this year during award shows.

Short hair Jihyo is peak Jihyoi, while dark and long haired Jeongyeon is best Jeongyeon yet. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.