• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dress To Kill was After School's best album. Right after and ever since its release Pledis forgot AS and Orange Caramel existed.
I've got to thank whoever mentioned Dress To Kill a while ago. It's probably one of ny most listened albums this year, such a damn good collection of songs! I've watched some old performances in the past, especially during the "battle" era in ... '12? , didn't know they had that hidden away in a japanese album. Pledis did some terrible management there.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me how Seungri's 1, 2, 3! is completely overlooked, it's probably my favorite song of the year but it seems like the whole world ignored it.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Last video, sorry for double post

All strong performances in the last episode. Too bad they all can't make it into further rounds.

I watched the first episode. Seems good. Since im still busy with rdr 2 I cant find any spare time to watch the second episode 😌

Hows the show's rating in korea??

Talking about the fan, BoA just got her lightstick 💛💛💛💛💛💛

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
People on K-pop ERA: This seems like a perfect time to release my best of 2018 lists since it doesn't seem like anything will shake up my rankings only 2 weeks away of the new year.

Neon Bunny:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Figure this is the best place to ask, is YG Future Strategy Office satire?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Caliente!

Miii~~~~amorrre~~~~~ 🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤

The chorus is so goodd!! Omg!! I like this better than Woman~~ (perhaps)

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to DJMAX (Lol) I started to listen some K-POP bands, and so far, I'm liking them, red velvet, girls generation, lovelyz and boa are great, any other band that I should discover?

Coincidentally, in january sm town will come to my country to give a 2 day concert with Red Velvet, Super Junior, SHINee, Girls' Generation, NCT, BoA and EXO.

I kinda want to go, but I don't want to be alone there, and even the cheapest seat is kinda expensive, also I'm still new to the genre

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
My wife's friend is OBSESSED with BTS. It was cute at first, but now I worry about her mental health.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Caliente!

Blessed year that gave us BoA releases across the whole year.

Thanks to DJMAX (Lol) I started to listen some K-POP bands, and so far, I'm liking them, red velvet, girls generation, lovelyz and boa are great, any other band that I should discover?

Coincidentally, in january sm town will come to my country to give a 2 day concert with Red Velvet, Super Junior, SHINee, Girls' Generation, NCT, BoA and EXO.

I kinda want to go, but I don't want to be alone there, and even the cheapest seat is kinda expensive, also I'm still new to the genre
Blessed taste. SMTown must be a blast, I'd say go for it before you regret it a couple of years down the line. With kpop, you never know when those groups are going to disband, so better catch them while you can.

As for recommended groups, I think Oh My Girl and WJSN would be up your alley.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

You're from Chile? So lucky.

I say go for it! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Caliente!

This has been a superb year for BoA fans. I enjoy this more than Woman. Didn't expect another release from her this year, but I'm not complaining.

You should definitely go. I'll do anything to see BoA and GG live, and the rest have released solid stuff this year.

Don't worry about going alone since you're bound to meet new people. I've gone alone a few times and ended up chatting with strangers about music. You'll at least have something in common.

Check out Taeyeon's solo work and f(x). Negrorosa tambien es muy popular entre la gente que esta conociendo Kpop.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Soompi translated part of an enlightening interview with Stellar's Gayoung in which she talked about the manipulation and pressure the members experienced at the hands of their agency.

Talking of enlightening, Alex Christine explains what it was like being on P48:

Clearly there were hardships that she and others had to endure but overall she seems pretty positive about the whole thing.

milkham

Oct 25, 2017

You should go, even if you're alone. Bring earplugs cuz people in the audience will be screaming. I can't remember the last time SM brought everyone around here.

Oct 27, 2017
Woke up early and everything to try and secure tickets for RedMare with zero luck. Every seat I tried was already bought even though it showed up as available.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Yup.

9966B3365C1D85492B

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
This probably came up a few months ago when the song released, but League of Legends/Riot Games put together what I guess is a kpop song to introduce a new character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOx...mNRxcVygn8lexJVcGckrwZM-KIyQkOz_CE1IMbYJT5FD8

And I want more of that sound. I dig that song a lot and don't ever expect Riot to fund an album with those three singers acting as a kind of supergroup. Before I dive into their catalogues hoping to find something I'll actually like--don't normally go for this genre of music--I thought I'd ask here. If anyone can pinpoint an artist or artists that have that sound or similar, I'm all game.

I tried popera and was directed here.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017

Now with this one I'm also not sure if the producer should be congratulated or reprimanded. It's like he/she just went rogue and tossed everything into this track. I tossed my hands up in supplication once that saxophone hit, praying for the K-pop Gods to punish such foolishness. But then I pressed repeat and started to love it.

This is fucking ridiculous. I turned on the subtitles, and I'd swear the lyrics were written by a committee of ten-year-olds on a post-Halloween candy bender. It's kind of great.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
This probably came up a few months ago when the song released, but League of Legends/Riot Games put together what I guess is a kpop song to introduce a new character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOx...mNRxcVygn8lexJVcGckrwZM-KIyQkOz_CE1IMbYJT5FD8

And I want more of that sound. I dig that song a lot and don't ever expect Riot to fund an album with those three singers acting as a kind of supergroup. Before I dive into their catalogues hoping to find something I'll actually like--don't normally go for this genre of music--I thought I'd ask here. If anyone can pinpoint an artist or artists that have that sound or similar, I'm all game.

You can try G-Idle, Blackpink and some songs by Red Velvet like Peekaboo and Bad Boy. Maybe 4Minute, 2NE1 and CLC too.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
You can try G-Idle, Blackpink and some songs by Red Velvet like Peekaboo and Bad Boy. Maybe 4Minute, 2NE1 and CLC too.
Okay blackpink has a fucking gnarly attitude I really like. Gonna have to explore this one a bit.

Thanks for the recs! I'll take more if y'all have 'em. Need to break out of my "death metal all day every day" routine. My ears are getting mad at me :P

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017

Some of these are more directly comparable than others, but you might also like the tracks that share fewer common elements.

[M/V] PRISTIN V(프리스틴 V) - 네 멋대로(Get It)

gugudan (구구단) - '나 같은 애' (A Girl Like Me) Official MV

EXO 엑소 'Monster' MV

BTS (방탄소년단) 'MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix)' Official MV

KHAN "I'm Your Girl ?" M/V

[MV] SUNMI (선미) _ Heroine (주인공)

[STATION X 0] 슬기(SEULGI)X신비(여자친구)X청하X소연 'Wow Thing' MV

[MV] OH MY GIRL(오마이걸) _ Remember Me(불꽃놀이)

JENNIE - 'SOLO' M/V
BLACKPINK - '휘파람'(WHISTLE) M/V
BLACKPINK - '뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU)' M/V
BLACKPINK - '마지막처럼 (AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST)' M/V

(G)I-DLE ((여자)아이들) - 'DALLA / DOLLAR (달라) $$$' Lyrics (Color Coded Han-Rom)
[MV] (G)I-DLE ((여자)아이들) _ LATATA
(여자)아이들((G)I-DLE) - '한(一)(HANN(Alone))' Official Music Video

4MINUTE - 미쳐(Crazy)
4MINUTE(포미닛) - 싫어(Hate) MV

[MV] CLC (씨엘씨) _ BLACK DRESS
CLC (씨엘씨) – Liar [Color Coded Lyrics] (ENG/ROM/HAN)
CLC(씨엘씨) - '즐겨 (I LIKE IT)' (Performance Video)

NCT U 엔시티 유 'BOSS' MV
NCT U 엔시티 유 '일곱 번째 감각 (The 7th Sense)' MV
NCT 127 엔시티 127 '無限的我 (무한적아;Limitless)' MV #2 Performance Ver.

Red Velvet 레드벨벳 'Bad Boy' MV
Red Velvet 레드벨벳 '빨간 맛 (Red Flavor)' MV
Red Velvet 레드벨벳 '피카부 (Peek-A-Boo)' MV

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time to put my top 20. It's been a fantastic year.

Top 20:
  1. Red Velvet - Bad Boy
  2. Super Junior - Lo Siento
  3. Pentagon - Shine
  4. Exo - Tempo
  5. (G)I-DLE - Hann (Alone)
  6. EXID - I Love You
  7. CLC - Black Dress
  8. Sunmi - Heroine
  9. Apink - I'm So Sick
  10. Mamamoo - Egoistic
  11. Hyolyn - Dally
  12. BTS - Airplane pt. 2
  13. Pristin V - Get It
  14. IZ*ONE - La Vie En Rose
  15. fromis_9 - Love Bomb
  16. April - oh! My Mistake
  17. IU - BbiBbi
  18. WJSN - Save Me, Save You
  19. Girls' Generation-Oh GG! - Fermata
  20. BoA - Nega Dola
Honorable Mentions:
BTS - Serendipity (Full Version)
Red Velvet - Butterflies
Sunmi - Black Pearl
Suzy - Holiday
Twice - What Is Love

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For more videos of their New Action singles. I was just joking, of course they would want that too.

wendy

Oct 26, 2017
Oh. They did other songs from their mini at the concert so I wouldn't be shocked if there as at least one more.

Do It

Non-cute shotgun

They've already done Be Myself on music shows. They also did that at the concert

Edit:

Do It is too good

Last edited:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Has K-pop artists at least, including your favs from WJSN and My Girl. Bonus: Shy Luda <3

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Alright. Y'all got me mad hooked on Blackpink. Shame her music is spread across three EPs and the only place I can buy is itunes :( But it's on my list of things to get.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. Y'all got me mad hooked on Blackpink. Shame her music is spread across three EPs and the only place I can buy is itunes :( But it's on my list of things to get.

You should give 2NE1 a try since Blackpink is basically 2NE1 2.0 (same company, producer, similar style, etc.) Maybe listen to Sunmi too because of the producer.

But yeah it sucks how little of Blackpink there is after nearly 3 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.