• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Loona announcement tomorrow?

533059779090841650.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh I wish I could share my excitement of seeing BP on Colbert and GMA right now with someone. Like im genuinely thrilled. Haven't been this hyped up since SNSD went on Letterman back in the day.

Oct 27, 2017
I was really surprised they had an interview and a little quiz beforehand too! I thought they would just introduce BP and then cut to them performing. Their GMA performance was better than the Colbert one (also wtf was the Colbert camerman doing? Music Bank/Inkigayo have such better camera work.)

Rose saving Jennie from the last question is great too when the interviewer asks "What made you think a US tour was perfect now?" or something along those lines. Rose sweeping in and answering was great.

Also thought I read somewhere they are gonna perform Forever Young on the Strahan show (didn't know he even had one). Choreo is way better for it imo.

Kinda hope they do some sort of English collaboration while they're in the US. That will help them a ton in the States.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Blackpink can hit a home-run in the US. Having a successful group in the west is huge not only for the girls and Blinks but for the entire industry.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I was really surprised they had an interview and a little quiz beforehand too! I thought they would just introduce BP and then cut to them performing. Their GMA performance was better than the Colbert one (also wtf was the Colbert camerman doing? Music Bank/Inkigayo have such better camera work.)
I don't think western shows are used to choreo intensive performances, and korean music shows get a lot of rehearsal as well as getting the choreo videos in advance to set how theya re going to film the performance and everything.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
YG gets a lot of shit, but having so many native English speakers in one group was a good idea. That's one area where JYPE messed up with Twice.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Twice is clearly focusing on Korea and Japan, why would they mess up there?
Because K-pop is international and it wouldn't hurt, even if they aren't trying to make a major American push. But it gives them the potential too.

Honestly, the reason they probably don't have one is because by then JYPE had given up on advancing in the west. Now it seems like BTS has blown the doors open. So they're probably like, "Damn, oh well" right now. And Twice's style wouldn't really connect with American audiences anyway.

Still, having some English speakers in a group is always a plus.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Because K-pop is international and it wouldn't hurt, even if they aren't trying to make a major American push. But it gives them the potential too.

Honestly, the reason they probably don't have one is because by then JYPE had given up on advancing in the west. Now it seems like BTS has blown the doors open. So they're probably like, "Damn, oh well" right now. And Twice's style wouldn't really connect with American audiences anyway.

Still, having some English speakers in a group is always a plus.

Mina speaks better English than I do, lol. I think that's enough. She was born in San Antonio. So they do have English speakers, but they're not focusing on the west because, right now, Japan is a way more profitable market.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the results Wonder Girls US push had and how it affected them in the long run I don't blame JYPE for not really pushing for US with Twice. Japan is the safe choice and its still a huge music industry so its not too bad for Twice but I don't see them getting out of there bubble nor really going out of there way to do so.

Its gonna be real interesting if the Blackpink push really skyrockets them to mainstream. I still have my doubts but its definitely gonna affect how companies are gonna look in the long run with future groups if they show the profit is there.

Rose saving Jennie from the last question is great too when the interviewer asks "What made you think a US tour was perfect now?" or something along those lines. Rose sweeping in and answering was great.

Kinda hope they do some sort of English collaboration while they're in the US. That will help them a ton in the States.

Ya after seeing how pressured and flustered Jennie was Rose is a godsend to the group. It is her first language afterall so its nice seeing how comfortable she is up there and essentially being the anchor in those interviews. Kinda feel bad for Jisoo since she just seems sidelined but maybe they'll ask her stuff when the full interview comes out.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Mina speaks better English than I do, lol. I think that's enough. She was born in San Antonio. So they do have English speakers, but they're not focusing on the west because, right now, Japan is a way more profitable market.
As of now, yes. But the US is the golden goose. Worth far more in the long run

BP tickets will be a blood bath, pray for me

Last edited:

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned / asked earlier, but nobody responded :( So I'll try again...

anybody been to Korea and have advice and recommendations?!?!?!

I leave tomorrow to Seoul for the LOONA concert... it will be my first time in the country.

I guess a better question is... if you were to go to Korea what would you want to do or look forward to doing??

I seriously have no idea what to do when I get there lol, and I'm there for a whole week (including 2 nights in Busan)

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
New Dreamcatcher

New Hwasa:

-------------

Dreamcatcher is great, but the chorus is a choice. I hate when groups do that. It's kind of what I was talking about with "Happiness" by Red Velvet.

Hwasa's song is much better than I expected and the video already feels iconic. This shouldn't have come as a surprise since she's one of the most confident idols in the business.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Both of those are really good. I already have Dreamcatcher on repeat, it hits all the right notes for me. Side note, that short hair is a great look for Dami, she pulls it off well.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I did not know this! Cool.

-----------

Today was a good day for releases. I also love this Infinite song:

And then there's this "budget" bop lol:

Last edited:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mark (Got7) was born in the states too and he's quiet bad at speaking english, while BamBam probably is just as good as Jackson.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

I leave tomorrow to Seoul for the LOONA concert... it will be my first time in the country.

I guess a better question is... if you were to go to Korea what would you want to do or look forward to doing??

I seriously have no idea what to do when I get there lol, and I'm there for a whole week (including 2 nights in Busan)
I've never been there but I know some users here have been. You can always do a YouTube search. There are a lot of channels that can give you suggestions 😊

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also kpop fans need to fucking leave instrumentation alone.

Cause they clearly can't understand the concept of samples and beat libraries

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Soyeon didn't arrange the entire album.

She composed 4/5 songs, arranged 3/5 and wrote on all of it. I mean that's still a lot.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Love new Dreamcatcher and I'm really liking Saturday sticking to that Shinsadong tiger sound. Wifi feels like if you took Bboom Bboom, removed the sexy aspects of it and replace it with sugar. Their debut song was quite fun too, so I'm keeping an eye on them.

I think we already replied to you and told you to try to get tickets for the filming of The Show, that has tickets dedicated to international fans. Not sure about the timing for that (it's on Tuesdays) but check out if you can still get a ticket.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I need a stage or performance video with Hwasa in that blue/clear outfit . For science 😁

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.