• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Any info on what the photocards or booklets will look like? Might just buy digital and wait until I'm in BKK for catch what's available there.

We have no idea. Loona doesn't release album content teasers like every group does for some reason.

Oct 27, 2017
I've spent way too much time trying to calculate the rankings for 2018. I used llehuty threadmark and only included points for the people who ranked their top lists.

This ended up in a lot of ties with the 1 point = 10th Place and 1st Place = 10 pts method. This is how it ended up for me (Disclaimer: I'm not the best at math):

1. Red Velvet - Bad Boy 58 Points
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb 45 Points
3. Pristin V - Get It 24 Points
4. 2way Tie with: Oh My Girl - Remember Me and Pentagon - Shine at 21 Points
6. 4way tie with: GIDLE - Hann, IU - BBI BBI, WJSN - Save Me, Save You and CLC - Black Dress at 20 points
10. 3way tie with: Blackpink - DDU DU, Minseo - Is Who and Momoland - Baam at 20 points

So, to try to make this more of a ranking with less ties, I decided to weigh the amounts differently:
For those with ties, I would change the amounts to include 1pt per rank as usual, but for ranks 5 and 4, I would double the points, and for ranks 3-1, triple them. Meaning, the first 2way tie between OMG and Pentagon ended up going to Remember Me with a score of 55 and Shine with 53.

Now the rankings are:
1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
4. Oh My Girl - Remember Me
5. Pentagon - Shine

Now, I applied the same "formula" to the 4 way tie, meaning the totals ended up being: 27 for IU BBI, 40 for HANN, 50 for Black Dress and 80 for Save Me, Save You. Updating the rankings would have it be at now:

1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
5. Pentagon - Shine
6. WJSN - Save Me, Save You
7. CLC - Black Dress
8. (G)I-DLE - Hann
9. IU - BBIBBI

Now, the final spot is between Blackpink, Minseo and Momoland using the same tiebreaker "formula" we have Blackpink with 49 points, Momoland with 73 Points and Minseo with 76 Points.

So our final Top 10:

1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
5. Pentagon - Shine
7. CLC - Black Dress
8. (G)I-DLE - Hann
9. IU - BBIBBI
10. Minseo - Is Who

I'm gonna go eat lunch now and come back to see how many pick apart my math haha

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent way too much time trying to calculate the rankings for 2018. I used llehuty threadmark and only included points for the people who ranked their top lists.

This ended up in a lot of ties with the 1 point = 10th Place and 1st Place = 10 pts method. This is how it ended up for me (Disclaimer: I'm not the best at math):

6. 4way tie with: GIDLE - Hann, IU - BBI BBI, WJSN - Save Me, Save You and CLC - Black Dress at 20 points
10. 3way tie with: Blackpink - DDU DU, Minseo - Is Who and Momoland - Baam at 20 points

So, to try to make this more of a ranking with less ties, I decided to weigh the amounts differently:
For those with ties, I would change the amounts to include 1pt per rank as usual, but for ranks 5 and 4, I would double the points, and for ranks 3-1, triple them. Meaning, the first 2way tie between OMG and Pentagon ended up going to Remember Me with a score of 55 and Shine with 53.

Now the rankings are:
1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
5. Pentagon - Shine

Now, I applied the same "formula" to the 4 way tie, meaning the totals ended up being: 27 for IU BBI, 40 for HANN, 50 for Black Dress and 80 for Save Me, Save You. Updating the rankings would have it be at now:

1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
5. Pentagon - Shine
7. CLC - Black Dress
8. (G)I-DLE - Hann
9. IU - BBIBBI

Now, the final spot is between Blackpink, Minseo and Momoland using the same tiebreaker "formula" we have Blackpink with 49 points, Momoland with 73 Points and Minseo with 76 Points.

So our final Top 10:

1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
5. Pentagon - Shine
7. CLC - Black Dress
8. (G)I-DLE - Hann
9. IU - BBIBBI
10. Minseo - Is Who

I'm gonna go eat lunch now and come back to see how many pick apart my math haha
Not going to do the math, but I'll take your word and effort. Solid list!

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Now the rankings are:
1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
5. Pentagon - Shine

1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
5. Pentagon - Shine
7. CLC - Black Dress
8. (G)I-DLE - Hann
9. IU - BBIBBI

So our final Top 10:

1. RV - Bad Boy
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pristin V- Get It
5. Pentagon - Shine
7. CLC - Black Dress
8. (G)I-DLE - Hann
9. IU - BBIBBI
10. Minseo - Is Who

RV- Bad Boy is nice =)

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all buying BLACKPINK tickets?

I'm on the fence since I only know like 2 of their songs and the venue is less intimate than the RV/OMG concerts were.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Butterfly is talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, holy fucking shit this is a personal attack everything is so good.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

LOONA can basically do no wrong at this point. I swear, whoever is the creative mastermind behind them deserves some kind of award because their look, sound, and brand is more cohesive than every other group out there right now. I love the video because it's like, "We made all this for you. Now do something with it." I love that everything feels like a continuous body of work instead of a bunch of random singles.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Showing love to their international fans, BlockBerry knows their potential. Can't wait for thethe full album, so good.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
LOONA can basically do no wrong at this point. I swear, whoever is the creative mastermind behind them deserves some kind of award because their look, sound, and brand is more cohesive than every other group out there right now. I love the video because it's like, "We made all this for you. Now do something with it." I love that everything feels like a continuous body of work instead of a bunch of random singles.
Haha, that would be Jaden Jeong. This group is pretty much his dream project.

I believe the translation name drops each individual member, says Loona isn't possible without each of them, and together they'll make history.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, that would be Jaden Jeong. This group is pretty much his dream project.

I believe the translation name drops each individual member, says Loona isn't possible without each of them, and together they'll make history.

Nice. You can tell it's about more than money. I hope everything works out for them. I'm glad someone was crazy enough to bankroll his vision lol

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice. You can tell it's about more than money. I hope everything works out for them. I'm glad someone was crazy enough to bankroll his vision lol
It's a subsidiary of a subsidiary of an arms dealer conglomerate. They will have enough money to waste/invest. Wish they would push a Ladies Code comback too tho.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
The music video is beautiful and definitely different from what we're used to, but it still strikes me as just as fake as your average kpop music video. Ultimately, it's a positive change, whatever the drive behind it. Especially when compared to some of the things we usually see, like the infantilizing of female idols. I hope to see more like it in the future. That being said, I'm just not buying that it's entirely artistically driven. Someone on reddit said it seems like a Coca-Cola commercial, which is an apt observation imo.

Not quite feeling the song either. It's good, but still a far cry from their other electronic pop tracks new and Egoist which remain my favorites still. I don't think it would need a lot of changes for me to like, or maybe even love it. Kind of like the opposite scenario of BTS' IDOL, which is a song is really like, but I could easily see myself disliking it if it was just a little different. For now, Loona still hasn't matched their best solo/sub-unit efforts since coming together in a full group, as far as I am concerned.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Miso's track is interesting, a big change from here earlier Hyuna-esque releases.

Monsta X's track is fine. Is till hate their rappers, but in some tracks like this one, they don't manage to ruin the song.

Loona is great. Not sure if afterthought or already planned out, but it does feel very cohesive with their previous releases in terms of message and concept. The album is great. Verya tmospheric and with a winter vibe.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
The music video is beautiful and definitely different from what we're used to, but it still strikes me as just as fake as your average kpop music video. Ultimately, it's a positive change, whatever the drive behind it. Especially when compared to some of the things we usually see, like the infantilizing of female idols. I hope to see more like it in the future. That being said, I'm just not buying that it's entirely artistically driven. Someone on reddit said it seems like a Coca-Cola commercial, which is an apt observation imo.

Not quite feeling the song either. It's good, but still a far cry from their other electronic pop tracks new and Egoist which remain my favorites still. I don't think it would need a lot of changes for me to like, or maybe even love it. Kind of like the opposite scenario of BTS' IDOL, which is a song is really like, but I could easily see myself disliking it if it was just a little different. For now, Loona still hasn't matched their best solo/sub-unit efforts since coming together in a full group, as far as I am concerned.
Get out!!! 😂

Nah, I can understand all of that. I love their group stuff, but the solo stuff is better.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
have to agree... nice video. the song felt like an extended loop of a few bars.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Im listening to monsta x new album right now just for fun.. hmmm.... i dont know, first it is not my cup of tea and their music sounds so similar to seventeen or got7

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Somebody gotta work on the mixing on Loona tracks cause man do their instrumentals overpower their vocals.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Not the comeback we're looking for, but it's a cute song lol

Driscolls is selling those raspberries all year long here too. It's like they have magical green gardens. I wonder if they got some more creative freedom by doing the "cheap" MV or will come out with another soon after.
gidle_bymqhky0.png
Taking all that money, nearly completely self-produced.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Driscolls is selling those raspberries all year long here too. It's like they have magical green gardens. I wonder if they got some more creative freedom by doing the "cheap" MV or will come out with another soon after.
Its a mv for their b side made by another member. The title track doesn't come out for another week.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Loonatheworld giving their own to the loonaverse fiction.

MV 이달의 소녀 (LOONA) "Butterfly" said:
LOOΠΔ [X X]

Coincidence meets coincidence in LOOΠΔ to make each other's fate.

HeeJin and HyunJin are real-life friends while HaSeul is like the mother of the team. YeoJin is the youngest sister of all. The team expanded its cells by family-like relationships. The only foreign member and an android ViVi gets introduced to become LOOΠΔ 1/3.

ODD EYE CIRCLE was born at the opposite end. With the story of three moons gathering to form a full circle, Kim Lip, JinSoul, and Choerry decide to stand at the frontlines to save the world, under their slogan 'Girl Front.'

Born in Eden the utopian land, LOOΠΔ / yyxy chooses to embrace the forbidden and leaves to find their own selves. Yves, the leader of yyxy, had "faith" in being born again with the song 'new'. Chuu keeps her "hopes" up with her yearning towards Yves. Go Won "loves" her unique self. Olivia Hye shows "anger" towards the taboos of Eden. When all of their emotions gather, a Neoanthropinae genes of yyxy manifests.

All of the units meet with YeoJin to add to the addition, resulting in their first EP [+ +] to announce the start of LOOΠΔ. At the 'First full Moon of the LOOΠΔ new Year,' LOOΠΔ starts their two-two-dimensional fusion with [X X].

The intro track 'X X' foreshadows that the album is completed at the opposite side of where [+ +] is.

The title track 'Butterfly' contains LOOΠΔ's irreplaceable unique concepts. Mixing softness with dynamics, the track takes LOOΠΔ to another level with new beats and drops never heard in K-pop before, along with electronic sounds and melody.

Shot in Iceland, Paris, and Hong Kong, the teasers of [X X] started on first of January to unravel the stories behind the universe of LOOΠΔ. Under the slogan of 'For All LOOΠΔs Around the World,' it spread worldwide, to all LOOΠΔs of the world.

LOOΠΔ causes a Butterfly effect through music for the listeners to gain courage, find oneself, and raise one's voice. Anyone under influence, is another LOOΠΔ.

LOOΠΔ's visual director DIGIPEDI toured around 5 countries from 5 continents for LOOΠΔ's Butterfly effects to capture the freedom and courage of girl worldwide in the music video of 'Butterfly.'

'Satellite' starts calmly, but as music flows and orbits, the layers stack to double the listeners' excitement. 'Curiosity' is a dream-pop number that draws you in with its mysterious aesthetics.

'Colors' has the LOOΠΔ universe dissolved into the track, desiring for each other's colors and dye each other to become love portrayed with a drop beat. 'Where you at' was a previously prepared track along with 'one way' of yyxy in LOOΠΔ the Ballad album. It is a pop-ballad song with melodies so powerful that the members of LOOΠΔ memorized the whole song with just one listen.

Additionally, in the limited edition of LOOΠΔ [X X] CD's, the very first hints to the next album are hidden in two bonus tracks, to arouse more curiosity and anticipation.

LOOΠΔ collides fate into destiny to create coincidence.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
"Additionally, in the limited edition of LOOΠΔ [X X] CD's, the very first hints to the next album are hidden in two bonus tracks, to arouse more curiosity and anticipation."

Already? Wow, talk about long term plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.