• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised on how fast BP sold in my venue. Red Velvet selling out was understandable since the venue capacity in NJPAC was like 2500+ people but Prudential Center has like 15000+ and my friend got in quick in the queue with most of the p1 and p2 seating already taken.

Pretty excited overall. Kinda unreal I'm going to see RV and BP in the same year.

Kimchi_Breath

Oct 25, 2017
Struck out on BP Newark tickets. Will be watching scalper prices over the next few months to try to get a reasonable price on good seats.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched Butterfly and it looks absolutely beautiful. Looking forward to their comeback stage. From the looks of it, the choreography looks superbly amazing. The song is wonderful on the ears too.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Itzy got first win 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Fastest group to get one, also gonne be the fastest group to break even👑👑👑

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, kinda feels too fast. Seems a little meaningless when it happens out of the gate. Did Twice even get one with their first single? Congrats to them, though.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

First win ㅠㅠ

Damn, kinda feels too fast. Seems a little meaningless when it happens out of the gate. Did Twice even get one with their first single? Congrats to them, though.

They were the underdogs today because Hwasa has been killing it with Twit in Korea.

Also, they didn't. Twice's debut was a bit of a flop. They won for the first time with Cheer Up.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah getting a win this fast has practically no merit. Also, they are not underdogs in any way shape or form, they have been #3 on melon charts for days.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah getting a win this fast has practically no merit. Also, they are not underdogs in any way shape or form, they have been #3 on melon charts for days.

Compared to Hwasa they are underdogs. Hwasa has been getting #1 consistently in every chart. They also have no physical score so points worked in favor of Hwasa.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Compared to Hwasa they are underdogs. Hwasa has been getting #1 consistently in every chart. They also have no physical score so points worked in favor of Hwasa.
I don't think Hwasa has a physical release either, and JYP group is going to get a huge following that will vote non stop + MV views of Itzy are crazy.

Itzy are no underdogs. One could argue it was maybe a neck and neck competition, but yeah...

Also, we know how close JYP is with Mnet too.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats I guess.

They got so much free promotion and hype, it's undeserved for the quality of the song, but whatever. Wins are only great for underdogs anyway, to me at least. That's why CLCs wins are worth so much more. Great concept, vocals and performance.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Hwasa has a physical release either, and JYP group is going to get a huge following that will vote non stop + MV views of Itzy are crazy.

Itzy are no underdogs. One could argue it was maybe a neck and neck competition, but yeah...

Also, we know how close JYP is with Mnet too.

I mean, the only reason Itzy won is because Hwasa has less views on her MV. Even on global vote and Mnet broadcast points Hwasa won. I'd still say in this fight they were the underdogs. Anyway, i'm still so glad they've won. Thanks to that we've seen Ryujin + Dreamcatcher members + 2Jin interact with each other.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
That still doesn't in any way make them an underdog.

You can't call the kid driving a lamborghini their parents bought them on their 16th birthday an underdog

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
That choreo is so complicated, don't want to know how long it took to learn.

With long intro. ^^

Same. It actually makes me nervous because someone will get fucked up (again) if one of them messes up. Like they're spinning THEN running off stage, crawling on the floor, picking each other up, etc. I hope they have a simplified version.

-----------

But this is my favorite stage. She's not doing anything major here, but damn, it just looks so good! The lighting, wardrobe, everything is just on point. Plus this is probably the catchiest song out right now.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Wow that was quick ^_^. I did not like the song at 1st maybe due to MV not being interesting, but Live Performance does it justice so congratz to ITZY 1st win. As for Twice they didn't get their 1st win until Cheer Up

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I see an everglow teaser all I think is... "Man Stone Music got fucking MONEY"
Stone Music is just a publishe distributor. This group is managed by Yuehua, the chinese company involved in WJSN and that is probably swimming in cash at this point. 2 of the girls teased so far were in Produce 48 and managed to make a deep cut, so I could see this group making some splash.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
^^^^^^^^^^
That beat is nice.

---------------------------------
I'm obsessed with Butterfly's choreography.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still not a fan of Itzy's song, but the choreography/performance is pretty good. Can't be upset at them winning.

It's crazy how there's around 4,000 resale tickets for each Blackpink show on Stubhub. Resale prices should die down pretty quick with that many tickets on the market.

Finally gave Lips on Lips a listen, and I like it. Wasn't a fan of Tiffany's first few songs, but Born Again and Lips are good.

Last edited:

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017

I haven't seen much info about the girl group and even less about the boys but apparently the gg members are from The Philippines, Japan, India, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam (and include ex-Nogizaka46 member Kawamura 'Rotti' Mahiro). Judging by the MBC logo in the MV and the subtitles in their web show, they seem to be targeting the Korean market.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't seen much info about the girl group and even less about the boys but apparently the gg members are from The Philippines, Japan, India, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam (and include ex-Nogizaka46 member Kawamura 'Rotti' Mahiro). Judging by the MBC logo in the MV and the subtitles in their web show, they seem to be targeting the Korean market.

They are kpop groups, with a shoddy funding based on cryptocurrency, 7 members from different nationalities, and they seem to communicate/work in english. Seems a bit rough around the edges, but there is potential.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Jason Derulo, LAY, NCT 127 - Let's Shut Up & Dance [Official Music Video]

Itzy 2nd win @ Music Core

996BB73A5C71006F22

[예능연구소 직캠] ITZY - DALLA DALLA, 있지 - 달라달라 No.1 encore ver. @Show Music core 20190223

I'm still not 100% sold on the song itself but I'm really enjoying all the performances. The choreography is great. The hair flips even more so.
I mostly enjoy the song, but could do without the "keep your head up, we got your back" part. Performances have been strong, though Itzy is clearly capable of more.

Here's a clean look at the choreography for Butterfly:

Ok yea, I had Butterfly on repeat most of the day at work. Song is amazing.
Loona is the future.

Loona is for the children.

9970D1365C6E793928

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.