• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got around to properly listen to Sunmi's new song, and I really liked it. Not as hard hitting as Gashina and Heroine, but still good and kind of relaxing.

I liked TXT's songs as well. Hopefully, their video gets played before BTS' concerts. Would give them a nice exposure.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I liked TXT's songs as well. Hopefully, their video gets played before BTS' concerts. Would give them a nice exposure.
Their videos and everything will be uploaded on bighit's channel. They are on a million views per hour pace (over 8 million views while I'm writing this). They don't need more exposure.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Sunmi's new track is pretty damn good.

AKB48's Takahashi Juri is going to be a member of Woollim's next girl group.

On March 4, Woollim Entertainment revealed, "It is true that Takahashi Juri has signed a contract with Woollim Entertainment. She will be included as a member of a new girl group we are preparing to launch, and she will soon make her debut."

This is awesome. A great career opportunity for Juri. She's been in the industry for eight years already but she's still only 21. Great for Woollim and the new group too, giving them more exposure and a built-in fanbase. It should be a win-win situation, I hope.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
AKB48's Takahashi Juri is going to be a member of Woollim's next girl group.

This is awesome. A great career opportunity for Juri. She's been in the industry for eight years already but she's still only 21. Great for Woollim and the new group too, giving them more exposure and a built-in fanbase. It should be a win-win situation, I hope.
This is such a weird move for her. She is top 12 AKB48 member, shows up consistently in their singles, and has decided to jump to a smaller market to a mid-tier company while burning the majority of her fanabse in the process just to debut in a kpop group. Not sure about this one. I admire her for following her passion, but this move is super risky.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Their videos and everything will be uploaded on bighit's channel. They are on a million views per hour pace (over 8 million views while I'm writing this). They don't need more exposure.

No doubt TXT will be big, but it would be a good way to market them since the attendance numbers for the BTS tour is huge. Eventually BTS is going to suffer from the military service. Might as well give TXT some push here and there.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This is such a weird move for her. She is top 12 AKB48 member, shows up consistently in their singles, and has decided to jump to a smaller market to a mid-tier company while burning the majority of her fanabse in the process just to debut in a kpop group. Not sure about this one. I admire her for following her passion, but this move is super risky.
She might be thinking of her prospects post akb48.

A mid tier group may not be good in comparison to akb48

But it probably looks real fucking cushy to a akb48 graduate career in japan

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
She might be thinking of her prospects post akb48.

A mid tier group may not be good in comparison to akb48

But it probably looks real fucking cushy to a akb48 graduate career in japan
Seeing the huge amount of groups set to suceed from mid tier agencies that fail miserably (Pristin, Weki Meki, CLC,...) I don't think that's very "cushy" proposition. High profile graduated members do fine in Japan.

She has a huge fanabase in japan that placed her in the top 15 in the last 3 elections and that would had probably rode with her for life.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
March is already better than February. I need to finalize my top 10 songs of February but I don't even have ten songs on my playlist... time to do some digging.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna start posting some of my pickups that I got in Korea, so I'll start with this one. In general, I have 3 holy grail albums that I've been looking for and would love to own a copy of. During my trip, I found 2 of them, and one of them is this:

nfiB6fPl.jpg

Wonder Girls 2nd album is real good! I remember on the old thread some ppl were saying this is one of thebest albums that goes beyond kpop and is just a generallly fantastic pop album. I already own a copy of Reboot which I absolutely love so I'm glad to add this one to my collection!

I found this at a store i Myeong Dong called 부루의 뜨락 , definitely a store worth checking out since they got a lot of cool "rare" stuff there... like they had all the early Eun Ji Won solo albums, but overcharging like 50,000 Won for them.

I found this album on its own separate shelf amongst other albums that were listed as rare. The price was 30,000W, but I actually bought the copy that was behind it, the Limited Edition version that I had no idea existed >_< that was 70,000W lol, which is actually more expensive than what you can get it for on ebay. Had no idea there was a LE version, but I'd just landed a few hours before shopping and was like YOLO gotta get it. Seems like the LE comes with a shirt and an autograph, but also has this when you open the box up:

NFfFrx5l.jpg

anyways, there's a new Sunmi music video out today so figured I post this, even tho Sunmi isnt even in the group during this album lol. I also did pick up her album while I was there too... I really like a lot of the songs on it, and am looking forward to seeing her concert this week here in LA!!

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder World is sooooo goood. A gem. I also didn't know there was a limited edition of it.
______

This is a bit weird and rough, but very interesting. It has a very "homemade" feeling. I love that she keeps doing different stuff. Definitely not her best solo release (she had an outstanding run) but worth checking just for how unconventional it is.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder World is sooooo goood. A gem. I also didn't know there was a limited edition of it.
______

This is a bit weird and rough, but very interesting. It has a very "homemade" feeling. I love that she keeps doing different stuff. Definitely not her best solo release (she had an outstanding run) but worth checking just for how unconventional it is.

Chorus sounds like a threat. Why does she want to catch up with us? 😰

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm enjoying these travelogue's Taengoo is doing. Anyone else watch these?

Oohhh you gave me something to watch on the weekend.

I still can't get over how Idle's song disappointed me. They went from two of the hottest tracks of last year (3 if you count PopStars) to senorita. The ending and the senorita part need some work.

Hwasa wins February for me I guess.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, "Noir" is one of those sneaky songs. Was "meh" at first, but I've been singing it for the last day.

halvvapoori

Oct 25, 2017
Amsterdam
I'm too lazy to make a top 10 list for February and probably haven't even listened to enough songs to make a top ten, but I do know that NEON by Yukika would be in there! And it should be in everyone's list tbh

Go stream!

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
You can count on kpop to pick a trendy sound and completely flood the market in a matter of weeks.

Like, we get it, city pop is cool. Now, don't ruin the genre and make everyone hate it by the end of spring, thank you.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Everybody pining for the 80s has ruined the 80s for me.

Edit: And its not just Kpop.

That period wasn't that great motherfuckers

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
That Soobin track is an odd one for sure but enjoyable all the same.

Presumably she's had her fill of the J-pop idol scene and wants a new challenge. After eight years in AKB, and I can well imagine that she'd be tired of that style of music and choreography. As you say, it's certainly a risk but at least Woollim is an established agency with some pedigree and they should give her a half-decent chance of success.

I haven't seen what Juri's fans are making of all this. I assume that some will throw their toys out of the pram but most will continue to support her. I may well be horribly wrong about that though.

You can count on kpop to pick a trendy sound and completely flood the market in a matter of weeks.

Like, we get it, city pop is cool. Now, don't ruin the genre and make everyone hate it by the end of spring, thank you.

Fair comment, although I do really like both those songs.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Lips on Lips is getting a physical edition for Asian markets

It also comes with 20-page booklet, 2 photocard, and Teach You/Over My Skin as bonus tracks.

A0ZblWk.jpg

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
And now YG is wrapped up in this directly with se7ngri for tax evasion in anothwr night club.

When it rains, it pours.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I am very new to this scene. All I can say is I love Red Velvet, think I like Twice, and really don't like Black Pink. I almost spent 20 euros on a mini Album CD from the store this weekend. How am I doing so far?

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Love the R.Tee and Anda bop. I would love if R.Tee gets to work on a Blackpink track by himself.

The S.I.S song is ok, feels like fromis_9 22nd century girl with less budget.

Already forgot about CLCs No?
I was referring in terms of singing/rapping

I am very new to this scene. All I can say is I love Red Velvet, think I like Twice, and really don't like Black Pink. I almost spent 20 euros on a mini Album CD from the store this weekend. How am I doing so far?
You are doing fine. Keep digging!

You can check the OP for some classics recommendations or the highlights to see the things we have enjoyed this last couple of years.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Check out Loona and it's sub-units, with individual members they already released more than 60 songs within 2 years.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Check out Loona and it's sub-units, with individual members they already released more than 60 songs within 2 years.

That is funky setup they have. Reminds me of the Native Tongues or Odd Future or something where you have all these subgroups and solo artists putting out music.

Obviously you guys love them lol. I will listen more later, but Hi High is 100% legit.

Edit: also nice avatar Shizuka

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Which album was that sagawa? Red Velvet's album are generally pretty good aside from Rookie.

Anyways, you got familiar with the big 3. It's time to dig deeper. Some of my recent favorites: G-Idle, Sunmi, Mamamoo, EXID, CLC, Apink (which I used to hate), and K-pop queens BoA & Taeyeon.

If you have Spotify, you can branch off related artists and look up the Spotify K-pop playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.