• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure everyone knows I love BP but this song was...eh for me on first listen. I'll listen to it more obviously, but my first impression isn't great

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I actually like the verses, they're not starkly disjointed like DDDD, but man does that chorus suck out all energy from the song.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like the sound of it. It has that bombastic, arena-anthem feel to it, but the chorus leaves a lot to be desired. Also hated how it ended.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
MV is pretty good. Love the looks of the girls throughout.

Songwise I have the same problem with DDDD where the rest of the song is fine but I absolutely hate the chorus. I'd imagine this song being nice live though as its just a stadium rock anthem.

Hoping the b-sides are solid.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
First impression wasn't great for me but it kinda grew on me on the second listen. The chorus is by far the weakest part of the song but everything else makes up for it.

Gonna check out their b-sides now.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Teddy's songs make me wanna try and dissect what signature thing carries between producers. Like Teddy loves anthems. Brave Sound loves Brass, ST has a thing for Frankensteining beats together.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Ahahaha what the fuck were they thinking with that DDDD remix? All they had to do was put in that live band rock version they're playing at their concert, it's so good. But this? I mean I know next to nothing about these kind of remixes so maybe it's good in its own way but I find it hard to listen to.

Kill This Love > DDDD though.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
The music in that Black Pink teaser is invoking the "this ain't it, chief" feeling in me. Guess we'll see when the full thing comes out.

...Yeah this ain't it chief.

I like BP, but that song was not great at all. It was cool that it had a lot more English in it though, guess they're getting that ready for that US stuff they want to do.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

I really dislike remixes that greatly change the beat and don't attempt to even kinda rerecord the vocals to better serve the new beat.

Like Jennie sounds so off cause her flow(In both parts) was clearly not tailored for the beat that is layered under it.

Also that beat drop for the chorus is so unnecessary.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
B-sides are once again superior to the main title track. Kick it is that song tbh it will be in my rotation for a while.

DDUx2 remix shouldn't have made the cut on the album Ik it's for Coachella but it didn't need to be there.

Stay finally has another sibling Hope not which is a really solid ballad that ended up being way better than I thought it would be initially. Jisoo & Rosè are really good here.

DKWTD is a decent edm song not my favorite b-side but solid nonetheless.

Oct 27, 2017
Kick It and Don't Know What To Do are at least going in my rotation. Enjoying those two songs a lot.
Ballads are ballads. Usually only Taengoo can keep a ballad in my rotation.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
KTL is alright but I have to agree with the general consensus that the song is missing something. It really doesn't hit as hard as it's trying to.

A suprise release from overlooked/underrated P101 season 1 trainee Kang Siwon! After all this time, I figured her career was probably never going to happen so this comes as a bit of a shock. Shame about the song though. At least they tried to do something a bit different or unexpected with the chorus I guess?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Listened to a few of the songs, and while they're better than the single so far, they still leave something to be desired. I like "Kick It," but the chorus is still . . . something? Idk, there's too much going on and while a nice track I can see why they kept it as a b-side.

And it also has a fucking "anthem" part like Woozies was talking abut with "KTL" lol

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I don't dislike the anthem at the end mostly because of Rosé. I've been listening to it the entire day, guess I'm in the minority. Come to Brazil, BLACKPINK. At least now they have enough songs to justify a concert here.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't mind the anthem parts, but the issue is they're better than the choruses. So maybe they should replace them lol

Oct 27, 2017
54512697_101131151059279_6137861665057442769_n.jpg
g3xcGHn.gif

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
They have to come everywhere or it's false advertising.
Blackpink in your area*!

T/N: Area means, your favourite streaming device*

*Only after midnight.

Eh. I'm a huge Taeyeon fan, but posting pictures like these just make her look like an attention whore (e.g. Hyuna, Luna & Sulli).
This is the most stupid and backwards comment I have ever read today... And I've read youtube comments of the Blackpink MV.

Newsflash, people post stuff on social media for people to look at it, what a concept! Let people do whatever the hell they want. Curious how these 3 idols have made statements on freedom and doing whatever the hell they want.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, we're now policing what idols can post on their own Instagram accounts? Wack. Let them post whatever they want.

Anyway, stan Lee Chaeyeon, best female dancer on the industry right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.