• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

K-Pop ERA | OT | Into the New World

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed their new song. Very upbeat. Best single they've released in a while.

I hate Halsey, so I'm glad her feature was kept to a minimum. Though she did compliment the chorus very well.

OP
OP
llehuty
Oct 25, 2017
Halsey is more prominent in the album version (at least in Spotify), weird.

This is the best BTS single in a while, but that's not saying much. Still a downgrade over the things they were releasing 3-4 years ago.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
It's better than Idol and... that's it. I prefer DNA and Fake Love over them and, of course, their older stuff. I hate the autotune stuff and Halsey doesn't seem to do much (I've only listened to the MV though). But I'm glad my boy Jimin is doing his thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Halsey is more prominent in the album version (at least in Spotify), weird.

This is the best BTS single in a while, but that's not saying much. Still a downgrade over the things they were releasing 3-4 years ago.
I mean I don't disagree as far as my preferences go, but they clearly saw that DNA was their biggest hit and followed those trends after. It has worked well for them thus far.

Oct 28, 2017

Not bad, but that’s a pretty pointless “feature”.

Also the album is on Apple Music.
This gave me a western feeling.
It's very easy to listen to, but I'm disappointed they gave Boy in Luv vibes with the title and trailer, that song is on a different level. Wish they recovered their The Most Beautiful Moment in Life and earlier style, fitted them the best.

Nov 1, 2017
This gave me a western feeling.
It's very easy to listen to, but I'm disappointed they gave Boy in Luv vibes with the title and trailer, that song is on a different level. Wish they recovered their The Most Beautiful Moment in Life and earlier style, fitted them the best.

I fucking hate this era and hope they never return to that dated EDM shit.

Run and Save me can die in a trash fire.

OP
OP
llehuty
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't disagree as far as my preferences go, but they clearly saw that DNA was their biggest hit and followed those trends after. It has worked well for them thus far.
I don't think DNA was a big hit because of the song, though? It just matches when they doubled down on US promos.

This is exhibit B of how these incredible huge groups can get away with average songs.
They fought to get to this spot and I'm definitely not downplaying their success, but I wish they released more interesting songs instead of playing it safe.

Oct 25, 2017
The BTS continues the light pop of the past few songs. It's fine, but a far, far cry from their best stuff. Same feel as DNA and Idol, but I think in context, Idol is a better song than this.

It'll do well because it's BTS.

Oct 25, 2017
I gave the BTS album a few listens and honestly, I wish HOME was the title track because it's the best track on the album to me. I love it so much.

All of the album is pretty solid though, other than Make it Right. It's very uninteresting, but that's how I feel about all Ed Sheeran songs so I guess even BTS couldn't save a song produced by him for me, haha

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't Fake Love more successful both in korean and american charts?