• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

K-Pop ERA | OT | Into the New World

Oct 27, 2017
Fancy was pretty underwhelming. This MV might be one of the weakest in their repertoire as well, even though there was a bigger gap between singles than we are used to.

Hey at least the outfits are nice

Oct 25, 2017
Signal fucking sucked. What an unnecessarily low bar to set. It's their best since Likey obviously. I really like the song, but still a little disappointed. From the teasers it sounded like it could dethrone one of Like a Fool, Like Ooh Ahh and Likey, but it's not quite that good. The pre-chorus with Sana and Tzuyu really does a lot to drag the song down.

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the new Twice song. The pre-chorus is a bit weird but everything else is great. I'm glad that main beat they presented in the teaser was present through the song and not a bait and switch.

Oct 26, 2017
Twice 'Signal' has been one of their better songs since the day it released.
It was their first single to not only breakup the standard Twice song structure they had been using at the time, but also re-ordered which members sang when (a lot of group s get formulaic with vocal transitions).

'Fancy' has some strong points and I like it for the most part, though it would have been nice to see them explore a bit more. It's a good sign of the group moving away from their normal mold. Fans complained about 'Signal' just like fans complained about Gfriend 'Fingertip.' Hopefully this is better received so Twice's development won't be so stifled in the future.

Oct 26, 2017
Think their agency worked hard to quiet down everyone, was a huge news in Japan at the time though, but now nothing.
Their agency released an apology for the issue, but the situation kinda fell apart when it was revealed that the scandal was brought up some japanese right wing extremist trying to levy support to screw Korea over their WW2 war crimes. Thw qccompanying death threats qnd attempted attacks on their fan meetings basically evaporated any support

So it never got the pushback cause most of East and South East Asia was like "fuck y'all" to japan given the political climate at the time.
Thanks. Never helps when you have people like Abe Shinzo and other public figures outright denying the atrocities that took place.

Still seems a lot of BTS/Jimin fans did their best to ignore this, but yeah

OP
OP
llehuty
Oct 25, 2017
This new girl group called Ho1iday took me by surprise.

Very solid song and stage. 2 of the girls are ex-myB members, 1 of them is an ex-Mixx member. Their debut song is produced by Cosmic Girl, ex-Rania member.

No MV yet, but hopefully is in the works of they gain some traction to get one of for their next release.

Oct 25, 2017
There's this skincare YouTuber that starts his videos with LOONA ODD EYE CIRCLE's Girl Front intro... Everytime, I just close his videos and watch Girl Front because it reminds me of how great that one is.

Oct 26, 2017
There's this skincare YouTuber that starts his videos with LOONA ODD EYE CIRCLE's Girl Front intro... Everytime, I just close his videos and watch Girl Front because it reminds me of how great that one is.
Girl Front is apex pop. Just immaculate bubblegum. Rather unbalanced how OEC cicle got the cream of the crop even in terms of solos too.