• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

This is just a blackpink song

This 100% sounds like a BP song for sure. Which isn't a bad thing since I usually like BP songs, we need more groups branching in that kind of sound, especially knowing how YGE themselves are in a precarious situation to the point I don't know when BP is ever gonna make a comeback so better fill that void in the meantime. The song itself is pleasing enough, already listened to it several times now, but it's missing something to push it to the superior tier still. It's alright, I definitely enjoy it well enough as it is still, and the girls clearly have nice voices when they get a song that allows them to shine. MV is an absolute stunner.

That teaser is hyping the hell out of me, it sounds so good already! I expect nothing but a god-tier bop, please don't disappoint RV!

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

STOP EVERYTHING YOU'RE DOING, GO LISTEN TO THIS AMAZING BOP.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
The red velvet song was alright. Pretty bland and didn't have a hook for me. At least it wasn't weird. Doubt I'd listen to it again.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Umpah Umpah is everything I wanted from this CB. Love the part where they go through the other red side titles.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
just watched the "Best hit song stage mixes" that mnet put up for Queendom and there's some real good content being put together for this show. the "Opening Performances" were pretty cool, and these are some really good stage mix videos.

on a related note, i really do need to watch more stage videos of Park Bom's Spring, that's a great looking stage. and what's up with her vocal volume? like sometimes volume varies 'cause of voice dropping out and relying on the backing track, but that's not what's happening with Bom, you can clearly hear that she's still singing all of it and her notes are totally there and her tone is almost 100% spot on the entire time, it's just her volume dips wildly all the time. that's probably a breathing issue right? what else could it be? if it's something they can't fix should they just be running her mic thorough a volume leveler live?

anyway as much as i love Bom and AOA (and Lovelyz and Oh My Girl are good too), Mamamoo and (g)-idle have had this show in the bag as #1 and #2 since it was announced. they're both just crazy powerhouses.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet moves up my list again. They're going to usurp OMG as my favorite group at this rate, honestly, they already have :(

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
An alright Red Velvet song overall. I love that they brought back Wendy's two-toned hair from Red Flavor, and the gingham tops from Power Up.

I'm gonna be singing "Simply unforgettable gettable gettable..." the rest of the week lol.

My thoughts on the Reve Festival themes:

Zimzalabim = RBB
Umpah Umpah = Red Flavor
Next mini album = Peek A Boo?

This mini seems more velvety just based on the previews.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I like the chorus for Umpah, but the second and third parts aren't doing it for me. Maybe I'll like it more on additional listens.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty good song for RV, but I heard Tiki Taka only a short time before, and that's a better summer song.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Tiki Taka definitely wins this round of Summer songs for me. I wonder who the next contestant is gonna be now.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked at the lyrics. I like how they reference their own songs.

----------

I'm still trying to wrap my head around "Adios". I'm sure I love it, but Teddy is probably laughing right now. It's like the producer asked their company: What kinda song you want?

CEO: Short pause . . . Everglow, in your area!

Producer: Say no more.

I mean, I like that they had the balls to do it. Cause it almost seems like a taunt. As if they're saying, "Fuck Black Pink. We can do it better."

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
This song has really grown on me recently despite me being completely bored by it when it first released.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Didn't see it mentioned, but figure I should mention it.

An audio file admitting that every season of produce was rigged was exposed.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with that. I'm assuming it's some kind of game show?

Produce 101 is the four-season deep survival show, starting with 101 idol hopefuls and ending with one project group.

The resulting groups being:
I.O.I.
Wanna One
IZone
X1

They are important because the shows draw a lot of viewers, who get invested, thus making the resulting groups very successful. It's a kingmaker show. (Many of the Wanna One guys, who disband in Dec, have quite successful careers, as solo artists or the ringer of other groups.)

Fans usually call it rigged because of the way editing plays into it. MNet controls the weekly episodes, so it's able to build narratives and give more screen time to preferred candidates. Assumedly, the audio corroborates that.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It's a step beyond just the framing and general reality show stuff.

It has to do with the votes(which are paid for.)

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
If people are talking about the editing then it's been known forever and sadly nothing can be done about it, Mnet can do whatever, it's their show. So we kind of sadly accepted it a long time ago ( even though I spent a fair amount of time raging about it during season 1).

However if people are talking about the votes themselves, and how they've been manipulated since season 1, then big big oof on that one. I wouldn't be surprised either (P48 in particular looked hella fishy to me in that regard), but damn that would still be a blow.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of offenses, a reality show editing the broadcast in such a way to give an advantage to their preferred candidates doesn't really rank. Vote rigging? Now that's some shit.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to listen to Umpah Umpah, and I love it. Very fun and catchy. It's no Red Flavor though.

I'm ready for some b-side goodies.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
It feels nice not hating an RV title track for once. It isn't particularly memorable but is nothing aggressively offensive the way everything else since Bad Boy has been.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Not loving the new releases from Red Velvet or Everglow. The hook for 'Adios' isn't doing it for me. We'll see how I feel about each song after additional plays.

f(x) reunited to do something together for the first time in actual years during SMTown Tokyo and Victoria was nowhere to be found.

On the face of it her comments on Hong Kong are disappointing. That said, it's always hard trying to work out how much of the things mainland Chinese celebrities say and do are their actual beliefs versus what qualifies as them simply "following the company line" many public figures stick too.

IIRC, Victoria, Lay and others initially began drifting away from their groups a few years ago during the China-South Korea territorial dispute at the time. Unsurprisingly, most people wrapped themselves in the Chinese flag. Since Lay is still a make-believe-member of Exo he seems to have made more of an effort to maintain individual promotions in SK since then, compared to Victoria... make sure to buy her Hong Kong photo book, though...

511K0%2BhAbRL._SX441_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Anyway, Krystal won.

[ENG] f(x) Krystal x Urbanlike -- 라이크텔레비전 LIKE TV 시즌2 : 크리스탈이 좋아하는 것들 (N° 39 2019 — The Workplace)

Good taste in music.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The Produce 48 vote rigging was so bad and poorly done that I almost tought it couldn't have been rigged.

The editing is one thing, Mnet really, really wanted a 13-year old to win.
But in the final episode multiple members that were in the top just dropped like rocks.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, glad I never watched any of those shows. But imagine how the idole feel now? You know Somi was rigged.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
You can really tell the difference from fake and real views by checking out the likes! OMG's Bungee has 17 million and 89k likes. Everglow's Adios has 8.4 million (in a day, damn) and nearly 600k likes. But then Red Velvet has 6.5 million and nearly 900k likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.