• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017

It's so amazing! I love the soft piano verses and the hard guitar rock sound of the chorus. The MV visuals are also something else. You really could take a screencap of anything of it and you'd have an awesome wallpaper.

As much as I love Deja Vu though, I'm absolutely floored by how good Silent Night is from the album. It's easily my favorite song, and I really really love the rest of the album, it's just that good! Everyone do yourself a favor and listen to it, and the whole album while you're at it!

Also, first time posting on K-Pop ERA, never thought to see if there was a K-Pop group on here for some reason. I'm excited to find it though and join in the conversation.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a LOONA fan already. I'm mostly into girl groups actually, so I like a lot of them. Fromis_9 is my favorite and I'm already really active on their subreddit and discord. GWSN, Rocket Punch, Dreamcatcher are my other favorites, but as I said, I like a lot of groups as well.

Hell yeah, another GWSN fan!

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017

(G)-IDLE doing a cover of a 2ne1 song. 2ne1 was the group that got me into KPoP but Fire wasn't really a song that stuck with me. Decent cover, nothing mind blowing. It does get a little... problematic towards the middle, but it's mostly fine.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
OMG performing Destiny is the shit. Solid rendition of the song, with some amazingly clear vocals. Visuals, concept and choreo are on point as well. This is about as good as it gets.

Oh, so that's what that song sounds like with amazing emotional vocals, heh! Yeah, they really totally stomped on the original version for me, and this is why OMG has always been leagues ahead from a lot of GGs doing the innocent/cute concepts. Dunno why YooA was absent for most part of it though, for a while I wondered why they only were 6 on stage, but was happy to see her there in the end. The choreo, staging, scenery and outfits were all amazing and complementing the song. Top notch performance there.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Queendom at least reminded me of how perfect Sixth Sense really is. One of the best songs in Kpop, no doubts.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Way out of the league of Lovelyz, unfortunately. I like the ambition, but it felt flat. Have to watch the subs to see the context. It seems weird, taking into account they quickly identified that the thing that didn't work for them in the first round was doing something way out of their comfort zone.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Lovelyz were clearly out of their depths with this one, but I like that they tried. It takes ovaries to do so, and I appreciate that. But yeah, they don't have the vocal prowess for this, sadly. Kei is a vocal one-trick pony, and it showed. Mijoo, Jisoo & Sujeong tried to hard-carry as much as they could, but it wasn't enough still.
AOA's Decalcomanie was also slightly out of their vocal range for that matter, but at least they made up for it with impeccable charisma, dance and presence. And those back-up dancers as well.

I'm sad now, I wished it would have been Mamamoo trying their hands at Sixth Sense instead. Can you imagine? Ugh, I need this to come true one day.
Watching those performance videos is super fun though, but I'm not watching the show yet. Is it really worth to watch? Or can I just stick to performances?

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
This is amazing. Starting to get into kpop. Is this an older song?

Yes. Don't forget to check out Abracadabra (cult as hell song), Warm Hole, Brave New World & Kill Bill from them (among others). They have a flawless discography. And when you're done, go check GaIn (most popular member of BEG) and her discography as well. Miryo & JeA have dropped some bops too, but GaIn has the discography that appeals to me the most. Bloom, Paradise Lost, Fxxk You, Truth or Dare & Apple are all top-tier Kpop songs to me.

Last edited:

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Don't forget to check out Abracadabra (cult as hell song), Warm Hole, Brave New World & Kill Bill from them (among others). They have a flawless discography. And when you're done, go check GaIn (most popular member of BEG) and her discography as well. Miryo & JeA have dropped some bops too, but GaIn has the discography that appeals to me the most. Bloom, Paradise Lost, Fxxk You, Truth or Dare & Apple are all top-tier Kpop songs to me.
Thanks! Loving what I've heard of BGE so far. Will definitely check out the rest of your recommendations.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Idl how it happened but through 2 days I fell on love with Blackpink and never really liked or though about Kpop much before (except for maybe Pop/Stars the League of Legends song done by Kpopstars.)

Blackpink is fun as hell though and Lisa's rap skills are outstanding

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Next round for Queendom, I dunno if it's the 3rd round or an extra round. Is Unit mix ups.

All the girls are made to choose a door at random, and whoever is inside is their unit team member.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Next round for Queendom, I dunno if it's the 3rd round or an extra round. Is Unit mix ups.

All the girls are made to choose a door at random, and whoever is inside is their unit team member.

Oh my god the possibilitites. Whoever ends up with Soyeon is lucky as hell and at least now Bom will have other members to lean on.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All this BEG talk reminded me that we haven't anything new about their comeback.

I'm debating whether or not to vote on the LOONA poll. I only know like half the members.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There was a super obvious re-use of Park Bom reacting to Fire and doing the choreo during Livelyz performance. Wonder if she was out of camera or something

Oct 27, 2017
Idl how it happened but through 2 days I fell on love with Blackpink and never really liked or though about Kpop much before (except for maybe Pop/Stars the League of Legends song done by Kpopstars.)

As a fellow Blink, I hope you have as much patience as I try to have waiting for new music from them.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Was browsing some old music and damn, this shit is still good. Hope Hyuna makes a comeback this year.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I've been away from this thread for too long. None of the new releases have done anything for me, plus this site stops notifying you after you don't post in a thread for awhile. So it's easy to forget. I wish they'd fix that and make some threads give you notifications indefinitely.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
So after watching the first two episodes of Queendom my opinion of Soyeon has increased even further and my opinion of Park Bom has dropped. Soyeon is crazy talented and whatever she's getting paid is not enough. Park Bom just comes across as a total ditz on this show. I really felt bad for Oh My Girl when they got rated below by a couple groups. It's not that they had a bad performance, but everyone else really crushed it. Watching the show makes me really want to root for everyone, so on that front it's succeeding.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have an updated spotify playlist of the album releases this year? I honestly missed a lot the past few months and I've only caught up with RV, WJSN, DC, and Ailee so far.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been away from this thread for too long. None of the new releases have done anything for me, plus this site stops notifying you after you don't post in a thread for awhile. So it's easy to forget. I wish they'd fix that and make some threads give you notifications indefinitely.
Do you have persistent alerts enabled?

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017

Fellow Blink, enjoy this cover of Nat King Cole's L-O-V-E by Rose and Lisa! <3

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So after watching the first two episodes of Queendom my opinion of Soyeon has increased even further and my opinion of Park Bom has dropped. Soyeon is crazy talented and whatever she's getting paid is not enough.

Soyeon has always been a standout participant in any shows she's been on. She was one of my top11 pick in Produce 101 S1, she was my top3 pick in Unpretty Rapstar S3 (with Miryo & Yuk Jidam), and she always provided quality, talent and skills anywhere she went. I'm not the least bit surprised by her owning Queendom as well, she's used to it by now, this is her third competitive reality show, she'll deliver top notch performances, as always.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.