• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
WaterloggedOfficialHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Knew f(x) but wasn't familiar with Sulli's story. There's something insanely fucked up about a system that builds these people up as demigods only to allow them to be crushed by malicious rumors and left on the side of the road (figuratively speaking, I know she was still under contract and was recently doing music again too) to handle the extreme pressure by themselves. Every such suicide is on the people who built and maintain such a system. Absurd stuff.

Fumo

Oct 27, 2017
Horrible news to wake up to.

I was watching a couple of clips with her that showed up in my Youtube recommendations just last night and was thinking how nice it was to see her active again.

RIP Sulli. You will be missed greatly.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Taeyeon's album have been delayed after today's events. RIP Sulli.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm really taken aback. Wow.
She's been through a lot, and it pains me so much to see she didn't find comfort, despite being active again.
I have no words, this is just so goddamn fucking sad.

Oct 25, 2017
Sulli and f(x) in general were before I started to listen to K-pop so I only really knew of her from the seemingly endless harassment she received for just being a young woman trying to live her life.

Taeyeon's album have been delayed after today's events. RIP Sulli.

Hopefully they give Taeyeon plenty of time before pushing her in to a hectic promotion schedule. She was close with both Jonghyun and Sulli, I can't begin to imagine the pain of losing one close friend to suicide let alone two.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Rest in Peace, Sulli.

After the initial shock, part of me had hoped it was another ridiculous use of "RIP" which is too common now, but then I saw official news.

I still haven't read Shinee Jonghyun's letter after all this time and now this. Terrible.

Can't help but notice that some people's takes on their suicides and Hara's attempt seem reductive and unhelpful, but that's a conversation for another time.

Oct 27, 2017
Rest in peace Sulli. Wish I knew what else to say but this is so devastating.

F(x) was one of my first GGs and Pink Tape was one of the first physical albums I bought.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
I wake up to this horrible news T_T

1st it was Jonghyun and now it's Sulli; SM HOW HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED YET 😡😡😡

R.I.P Sulli

Hopefully they give Taeyeon plenty of time before pushing her in to a hectic promotion schedule. She was close with both Jonghyun and Sulli, I can't begin to imagine the pain of losing one close friend to suicide let alone two.
I swear SM better watch all their artist and especially Taeyeon carefully; She the one I worried the most about depression T_T

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Sulli, it still amazes me that nothing has been done about the hate speech K-Netizens, they are just scum who try everything to put someone down either due to jealousy or tribalism.

The amount of different shit that Sulli received, even for something as innocent as not wearing a bra. These are the same people that will probably blame SM since they won't want to self-reflect and think that their actions have consequences.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Sad because I felt like she was due for a comeback with her recent activity even if it was just a feature on a song and a drama single.

RIP Sulli

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Sulli, it still amazes me that nothing has been done about the hate speech K-Netizens, they are just scum who try everything to put someone down either due to jealousy or tribalism.

The amount of different shit that Sulli received, even for something as innocent as not wearing a bra. These are the same people that will probably blame SM since they won't want to self-reflect and think that their actions have consequences.
Totally, it pisses me off. Makes me dislike the culture a little honestly for allowing shit like that to be so prevalent. I wish it'd become more like the western entertainment industry where the fans don't bully famous people as much over minor things.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I wake up to this horrible news T_T

1st it was Jonghyun and now it's Sulli; SM HOW HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED YET 😡😡😡

R.I.P Sulli

I swear SM better watch all their artist and especially Taeyeon carefully; She the one I worried the most about depression T_T
Don't blame it on SM. Just look at Korea in general. They got one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Mental health clearly doesn't get taken seriously there, work conditions for idols are tough and u get criticized for every step u take by those knetz and the general public.

It pained me to read Goo Hara saying "sorry she caused problems and will try to be better next time" right after her suicide attempt. Shit's fucked up if u have to apologize for having mental problems.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
It pained me to read Goo Hara saying "sorry she caused problems and will try to be better next time" right after her suicide attempt. Shit's fucked up if u have to apologize for having mental problems.

Yeah, having to apologize for mental health concerns (oftentimes to the very assholes causing said concerns) is totally fucked. It's one of the reasons I'm so shocked by the positive, caring response Mina is getting from pretty much everyone when she came forward with her anxiety disorder.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Don't blame it on SM. Just look at Korea in general. They got one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Mental health clearly doesn't get taken seriously there, work conditions for idols are tough and u get criticized for every step u take by those knetz and the general public.

I'm not trying to blame it solely on SM but they should of been at least been cautious and the one to take it upon themselves to not let it happen again and care more about their artist after Jonghyun death. This is the 2nd death under SM within 2 years due to depression & suicide; Thou we don't know if Sulli is due to depression & suicide yet.

Goo Hara ex-boyfriend assault controversy then suicide attempt couple months after really hurts me a lot T_T. As a Kpop'er and Fan of multiple Fandom, We Kamilia are so happy she back on her feet now

Last edited:

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Woke up and it still feels suck. Still can't believe she's gone. It is tiring constantly blaming the ones who constantly wrongs her and she unfortunately won't be the last. But I do hope this opens up a couple of eyes to at least make a difference from here on out.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Finally some articles focusing on this side of the story: News sites creating 'controversy' articles and then creating new articles again based on the comments on the first article. Just boosting the signal of hate comments endlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.