• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
They'll drop them in about six years once their contracts are up. By then they'll have a new group lined up. K-pop is all about the young bucks. Same with Twice, they'll probably disband at the end of their contacts too. Wonder Girls, 2NE1, and SNSD were all huge once and they're basically gone. SM really played SNSD during their last comeback.

Most idols careers are ephemeral. Seems like most of them quit once their contracts are up. So just enjoy them. We still have years of songs.

Last edited:

Namyu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BlackPink obviously isn't going anywhere, but people shouldn't be surprised by the lack of releases/gap between new songs either.

mr_chun

Oct 25, 2017
Dawg Country
BigBang had a solid three years between Alive and Made. Just didn't seem that bad cause most of them had solo releases in between.

BlackPink could have used a Jennie Mini during this lull.

Quadratic

Oct 25, 2017
Edited.

May as well ask here for some K-Drama recommendations. Did you guys like Strong Woman Do Bong-soon? It's on Netflix currently.

Last edited:

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Edited.

May as well ask here for some K-Drama recommendations. Did you guys like Strong Woman Do Bong-soon? It's on Netflix currently.
Haven't seen it but you can't go wrong with Park Bo Young.

tenorazs19.gif

Oh My Ghost, also on Netflix, was fantastic.

Pink Tape

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet's cookie jar
That Jimin song is... ok. I agree with Pedro about the aesthetics being tacked on and not having anything to do with the song itself. If it was like an EDM kinda song I could see that working but for that song nah. It really throws the whole things off for me. I do appreciate her for doing something different from what she's used to but it doesn't save it for me. I dunno if it's just me but it feels like the Latin parts and the more electronic parts just didn't really mesh well together.

SF9's vid was better connected to the song itself (which was also Latin inspired) and certain parts of the choreography and production were full on cheese.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Edited.

Age of Youth is really good. I think it's called something else on Netflix though. Something like "Hello My Twenties". One of the more realistic dramas, deals with some serious issues while still managing to be funny.

Plus the second season just wrapped so now is a good time to binge. Although, I don't think S2 is on Netflix yet.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm going to be pissed if Blackpink breaks up. They are so good. Those girls deserve better.

Tell me about it...

They are my current favourites, and one of the few current groups/artists that actually interest me.

At the moment, my engagement with K-Pop in general is pretty fleeting, so if BP get added to the recent tire fire, I'm going to be legit shook.

This is the darkest timeline, for sure.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Why is there BlackPink is doomed talk right now? Is there a rumour going round that I missed?

Twice will save us in 4 days

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that stupid Jimin song is stuck in my head. Love her in AOA, but solo she needs a feature. Too much of her talking and it becomes annoying. I feel the same about Hyuna and her chipmunk voice lol

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty pumped for The Unit. I hope some of those groups can get a second life like EXID and NU'EST.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
Edited.

I haven't watched that yet, but it looked good. I'd recommend Reply 1997, School 2013, and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo if you're into slice of life type dramas. They're all free on Dramafever and Reply 1997 is on Netflix as well.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
LOONA's company has to be loaded. They already have more singles and videos than most veteran groups and they haven't even made their official debut.

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
LOONA's company has to be loaded. They already have more singles and videos than most veteran groups and they haven't even made their official debut.
Loona's agency is Blockberry Creative, which is a subsidiary of Polaris Entertainment, whose parent company is Ilkwang Group, who has their main business in arms trade.

Loc

Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_orgd4ohldm1wpz5czo1_500.gif

First post goes to Suzy.
I never imagined such a day would come.
Anyway, we back on track

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Truly a new era.. I can't find my old avatar

edit: fixd

Last edited:
Status