• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
JMkI6eu.gif

I think you misspelled Dahyun.
vUOD4ap.gif

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do some images come up broken for me on this site? I have to hit 'reply' to see them.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
It's Imgur. It happens to me on PC when I use Safari too. Can't seem to get them to display at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm satisfied with Mina third. She's my favorite. Me and my GF agree that last place for Chaeyoung is fitting (she's the only member we don't like).

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do some images come up broken for me on this site? I have to hit 'reply' to see them.
Are you on mobile? It happens to me too but it seems to work fine on PC. :/
It's Imgur. It happens to me on PC when I use Safari too. Can't seem to get them to display at all.

from admin ratrosaw:
many members have reported that their images are not displaying on the page. We have been investigating this problem and came to the conclusion that one of the major image hosting services, imgur.com, has enabled hot link protection on us. In other words, any image on imgur.com linked using HTTPS protocol will not display on ResetEra. It is still possible to use HTTP-based imgur.com image links, though we would like to advise against it as well, as theoretically speaking they could undermine existing security mechanisms on ResetEra. We are contacting imgur.com and trying to find out a solution to this problem now. Meanwhile, you may want to check out other image hosting services, such as abload.de, to host your images. Thanks for your understanding.

Allow me to explain it a little bit more.

imgur.com detects hot linking (people linking imgur.com images from other sites) by checking a field, referrer, in every HTTP/HTTPS request you sent. When you visit resetera and come to an image from imgur.com, your browser knows the image is not from resetera.com so it will send a request to imgur.com with the referrer field set to us, so that imgur.com knows it is us who are linking their images. That's how they block it as well. Normally imgur.com would block both HTTP and HTTPS request with a "suspicious" referrer field, but there is a complication here: when you are visiting an HTTPS site with HTTP images, your browser will set the referer policy to "no-referrer-when-downgrade", as a protection against the security pitfalls of rendering HTTP image on a HTTPS page. Consequently in that case imgur.com does not know who is referring to their images and has to display them for us. That's why you can link HTTP imgur.com images but not HTTPS ones.

Hopefully the explanation could be helpful.

#tech team

imgur works for me on PC most of the time but not on mobile. it's just not going to be consistent for everyone.

Last edited:

Kevinsky

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So Momo is officially ERA's Twice bias huh.
Jihyo didn't come in last and that's all I could ask for.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017

sca

Oct 25, 2017
Woah. Never heard this before. I like it.

I do believe that Sketchbook does some post processing before airing the performances though. But yeah, definitely a good place to find live performances.
Possibly. Some parts of that TWICE performance were sort of off, like Mina's section, so I guess it can't save everything. I've read they've been doing it more often recently, but it could be just internet speculation

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are any of the music shows live? Honest question.
Some performances are, some aren't. There's almost always a backing track, though.

Damn, Attaboy is hella good! Probably my favorite teaser so far.

I can't believe the CD is a pizza! LOL
I need that sleeve box in my life.

EDIT: Still, I'm disappointed there's only one version for the album.

Last edited:

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Been on media blackout for the new Red Velvet until it releases. You people are killing me.

Twice rank: My top 5 and bottom ~2 or so has been surprisingly fluid this past year. Some of those vote results, though...

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know they did it because she sounds fine, but Jihyo keeps very obviously jumping between live with backing track to prerecorded (starts at 1:09). Really funny to hear, at least add some reverb...
She does sound fine, just a bit off for a little. It's difficult to sing/keep in tune live due to the dancing at the same time, so its understandable

Last edited:

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
She does sound fine, just a bit off for a little. It's difficult to sing/keep in tune live due to the dancing at the same time, so its understandable
I dunno, feels like some weird agency decision, like the Ooh Ahh line has to be CD perfect or something. Happens again at 2:19 at the exact same line but she easily hits much harder lines throughout the song.

Only mentioned it because the edit was so strange, not a dig at Jihyo or anything.

Last edited:

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Kpop Era - just curious, is Twicetagram on Apple Music? It's not on (North American) Spotify.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why they did it because she sounds fine, but Jihyo keeps very obviously jumping between live with backing track to prerecorded (starts at 1:09). Really funny to hear, at least add some reverb...
That actually happens quite often. Luna did during Free Somebody promotions, RV did it during RR, Twice did it during Cheer Up, EXID did it during Solji's high note in the chorus in L.I.E, Gugudan seems to be doing it right now during the "chococo" part in the chorus and when Mina sings "nanana" and so on.

I assume it's either because the singers aren't able to hit the notes all the time or because they might run out of breath singing everything. Or they just want that part to sound exactly like the studio version.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they did it because she sounds fine, but Jihyo keeps very obviously jumping between live with backing track to prerecorded (starts at 1:09). Really funny to hear, at least add some reverb...
There is an unwritten law about kpop choruses or "killing parts" being always the studio version, probably because they want people to remember those parts, and it's better when it sounds exactly like the producer made it to sound. There are some exceptions to this, like the godlike Minx (now Dramcatcher) debut performances.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's either because the singers aren't able to hit the notes all the time or because they might run out of breath singing everything.
I like watching MR removed or those videos with the artist(s) in those radio station booths because of this

and even though it's from YHY

It probably removes a portion of their voice during the performance though, so it's not spot on.

Last edited:

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
I like watching MR removed or those videos with the artist(s) in those radio station booths because of this

and even though it's from YHY

It probably removes a portion of their voice during the performance though, so it's not spot on.

MR Removed videos are interesting to watch, but terrible to actually judge the vocals. Like you said, the way the sound is filtered is unreliable. It sucks because some fans take these videos as gospel to either praise or bash a group's live performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.