• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
First, thanks for taking time to type that out with details.

After I.O.I, I started paying a lot less attention to each successive Produce group. Despite liking some of their songs, Izone's lineup was always questionable. I do like a few members like Yena, but I wouldn't want her to join Everglow if that's their agency's post-Izone plan for her.

I don't even know anyone who is in X1. IIRC, there is an officially sanctioned Produce show in Japan (male lineup), though I've paid even less attention to that than I have to X1.

CJE&M has apologised for their involvement in the vote rigging scandal and has furthermore stated that IZ*ONE and X1 activities will continue. All profits made from the PRODUCE series will head back to the music industry (presuming a charity). Members will still get paid.

Also there are a whole heap of PRODUCE shows now out.

• PRODUCE S1 / MNET / IOI / disbanded
  • PRODUCE S2 / MNET / WANNAONE / disbanded
  • PRODUCE CHINA / TENCENT VIDEO / ROCKET GIRLS
  • IDOL PRODUCER / IQIYI / NINE PERCENT / disbanded
  • PRODUCE 48 / MNET / IZ*ONE
  • QING CHUN YOU NI (IDOL PRODUCER S2) / IQIYI / UNINE
  • PRODUCE CAMP / TENCENT VIDEO / R1SE
  • PRODUCE X 101 / MNET / X1
  • PRODUCE JP / GYAO (Yahoo! Japan) / J01
  • NIAN SHAO YOU NI / IQIYI / 1st Ep Q1 2020
  • PRODUCE CHINA S2 / TENCENT VIDEO / Coming Soon

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Here's Billboard's picks for the top songs of the year.

#1 is a bold choice, but I gotta admit it grew on me. No Taeyeon makes me sad. Would've liked to see Mamamoo's Hip there too.

Not going to lie, I'm glad to see a lot of my Top 10—Obsession, %%, Run Away, and You Calling My Name—are represented. I have a number of alternate choices: probably would do Superhuman over Highway to Heaven, and Illusion over Say my Name for Ateez, but i'm down.

No Tiki Taka though.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
They just never make these list is all.
Their releases this uear haven't been very good, IMO.

CJE&M has apologised for their involvement in the vote rigging scandal and has furthermore stated that IZ*ONE and X1 activities will continue. All profits made from the PRODUCE series will head back to the music industry (presuming a charity). Members will still get paid.

Also there are a whole heap of PRODUCE shows now out.

• PRODUCE S1 / MNET / IOI / disbanded
  • PRODUCE S2 / MNET / WANNAONE / disbanded
  • PRODUCE CHINA / TENCENT VIDEO / ROCKET GIRLS
  • IDOL PRODUCER / IQIYI / NINE PERCENT / disbanded
  • PRODUCE 48 / MNET / IZ*ONE
  • QING CHUN YOU NI (IDOL PRODUCER S2) / IQIYI / UNINE
  • PRODUCE CAMP / TENCENT VIDEO / R1SE
  • PRODUCE X 101 / MNET / X1
  • PRODUCE JP / GYAO (Yahoo! Japan) / J01
  • NIAN SHAO YOU NI / IQIYI / 1st Ep Q1 2020
  • PRODUCE CHINA S2 / TENCENT VIDEO / Coming Soon
The Idol Producer shows are not part of the mnet brand, just a rip off.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
They just never make these list is all.
Their songs don't really appeal to the general public and they're still waiting for their breakout hit song. I prefer their B-sides too this year, where they take more risks. Their albums have been amazing.

Forgot Momoland still exists. Missing some members though. :(

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017

I'm immensely glad the groups are going to continue their activities. As fucked as the whole situation has been, I lay it pretty much entirely at the feet of the higher ups. I'm happy the members careers aren't just going to get torpedoed over this mess, and I imagine it was a massive weight lifted off their shoulders when they found out.
Going to be another hit to my wallet when Bloom*Iz drops though (:

Also, sup guys! I've lurked here for quite a while, probably gonna start being active in here in the future.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm immensely glad the groups are going to continue their activities. As fucked as the whole situation has been, I lay it pretty much entirely at the feet of the higher ups. I'm happy the members careers aren't just going to get torpedoed over this mess, and I imagine it was a massive weight lifted off their shoulders when they found out.
Going to be another hit to my wallet when Bloom*Iz drops though (:

Also, sup guys! I've lurked here for quite a while, probably gonna start being active in here in the future.

Welcome aboard!

This is great news. She was being wasted there.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Top 10 list for 2019:

1. You Don't know Me - Everglow ; Just so much fun to listen to on walks.
2. Spark - Taeyeon ; Seriously, anything she releases is impeccable.
3. Feel Special - Twice; Their B-sides were excellent this year.
4. Uh-Oh - G-Idle; Flawless song, I can repeat it endlessly. Btw, the vr snippets of this is stunningly sharp.
5. ICY - Itzy; Dalla Dalla would have been the better song if it wasn't for that awful KIA dance break section.
6. Hakuna Matata - Dreamnote; Another happy go lucky song on my walk playlist.
7. Time of our Life - Day6; Like Taeyeon, there is nothing they don't release that I don't instantly like.
8. Eclipse - GOT7; Thanks loona for that dance cover, song is awesome.
9. Hip - Mamamoo; This and Twit, what a good year for Hwasa and the group overall.
10. Deja Vu - Dreamcatcher; Became a fan of them this year, great song and mv.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll start it off since I'm impatient. No b-sides, KPOP only, single releases

1. Loona - Butterfly
2. Itzy - Icy
3. Chung Ha - Snapping
4. CLC - No
5. Taeyeon - Four Seasons
6. Chung Ha - Gotta Go
7. Hinapia - Drip
8. Itzy - Dalla Dalla
9. Everglow - Bon Bon Chocolat
10. Gfriend - Sunrise
11. Blackpink - Kill This Love
12. BOL4 - Workaholic
13. Red Velvet - Psycho
14. Twice - Feel Special
15. CLC - Me
16. Taeyeon - Spark
17. Everglow - Adios
18. Red Velvet - Umpah Umpah
19. IU - Blueming
20. Twice - Fancy

WINGS WINGS

Edit: Oh wow I'm at the top of the page. I feel...... special dwa dwa dwa dwa or something

Made some modifications to my list. I will also use this opportunity to remind everyone to submit their Top 20 (10 or 15 is fine as well) kpop of 2019 either here or to me via message by January 15, 2019. This is a single only list so if you insert b-sides into it, they will not be counted unless they somehow have an MV for it.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, here is my tentative top 20. I may change it by the deadline.

1. Loona - Butterfly
  2. (G)I-DLE - Lion
  3. Sunmi - Noir
  4. (G)I-DLE - Uh Oh
  5. CLC - No
  6. Dreamcatcher - Deja Vu
  7. Itzy - ICY
  8. SoRi - I Am Not Alone
  9. BlackPink - Kill This Love
  10. Everglow - Adios
  11. Iz*One - Violeta
  12. Sunmi - Lalalay
  13. Red Velvet - Psycho
  14. Chung Ha - Snapping
  15. CLC - Me
  16. Heize - We Don't Talk Together
  17. Twice - Feel Special
  18. Rocket Punch - Bim Bam Bum
  19. AOA - Come See Me
  20. Tayeon - Spark
[edit] 12/23 : Added Red Velvet Psycho, AOA Come See Me bumped off.
[edit] 12/31: Added AOA Come See Me, removed GFriend Fever
Here's my FINAL list with one last edit. Come See Me took a mini turn for me, where it didn't really grab me initially, but I really like it now.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Made some modifications to my list. I will also use this opportunity to remind everyone to submit their Top 20 (10 or 15 is fine as well) kpop of 2019 either here or to me via message by January 15, 2019. This is a single only list so if you insert b-sides into it, they will not be counted unless they somehow have an MV for it.

Does this count for you don't know me? It does say mv on it..

They have a dance practice for it too!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The situation with Twice Nayeon's stalker is really getting out of hand, the guy somehow found his way on their plane, tried to approach her but was stopped by 2 of their managers. At this point it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt unless the shitstain gets deported back to Germany already.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

Man, I didn't realize stuff had gotten so bad with Sera too regarding depression. She even let slip for a moment the thing a lot of us have been thinking especially this year: "Seriously, what is wrong with this industry?"

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Man, I didn't realize stuff had gotten so bad with Sera too regarding depression. She even let slip for a moment the thing a lot of us have been thinking especially this year: "Seriously, what is wrong with this industry?"

That was a very depressing and somber watch. I was shocked when she said she envied the death. How awful must she feel?

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Heechul and Momo being a thing is like the most "no shit" couple reveal of all time lol. Dude made it crystal clear he was into her from jump street, no typical K-pop denial. The only factor here was her returning his feelings which it seems she does, so good for them.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Heechul and Momo being a thing is like the most "no shit" couple reveal of all time lol. Dude made it crystal clear he was into her from jump street, no typical K-pop denial. The only factor here was her returning his feelings which it seems she does, so good for them.
Tbf, their relationship has been a meme for the longest time. Good for them though.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
They've been rumored for a while now. Good to see that it's finally official.
Great news. I hope it works out well for both of them. And it has to be healthier for idols in general if they can be allowed to have (and acknowledge) real relationships. Won't be the norm for a long time, I'd wager, but it's another positive step.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Highlights:
- Red Velvet international promotion
- Possible new NCT subunit
- Individual projects from SNSD & Shinee members
- Repackaged SUJU album
- EXO domestic and international concerts
- New GG debut

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017

I can't believe it got this bad.

This whole situation has been completely messed up. Hopefully this will be the final straw that gets him kicked back to Germany and blocked from returning, even more so after attempting this shit on a plane.

We stan a power couple.

Aw, I'm happy for them :) I'm basically in full agreement with the below;

Great news. I hope it works out well for both of them. And it has to be healthier for idols in general if they can be allowed to have (and acknowledge) real relationships. Won't be the norm for a long time, I'd wager, but it's another positive step.

It really does need to get to the point where it isn't viewed as controversial or whatever for idols to get into relationships and be able to publicly acknowledge them without all of the drama that normally seems to come with it from large portions of the fanbases.

Highlights:
- Red Velvet international promotion
- Possible new NCT subunit
- Individual projects from SNSD & Shinee members
- Repackaged SUJU album
- EXO domestic and international concerts
- New GG debut

I'm looking forward to pretty much everything on this list! My only concern would be hoping that Wendy doesn't feel any pressure to get back into it before she's fully healed up and recovered.

It'll be interesting to see which direction/concept the SM rookie GG go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.