• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I like synths, but I'm quickly reaching my saturation point. That Dreamcatcher teaser has the sound of actual instruments and it's like an oasis in the desert right now.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps it's just not the kind of k-pop I'm looking for right now, but I'm having a hard time pointing out particular highlights in the IZ*ONE album. It's serviceable, pleasant, cute songs with rather forgettable hooks. There's a couple tunes worth of attention like the single FIESTA which has a solid synth beat and DAYDREAM which timidly winks at the 90's rave scene, but there's also plenty of filler. Will definitely listen again but it's a bit too similar.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
It's either because that I've been playing Sayonara Wild Hearts or I really am glad that IZONE finally comes back with Fiesta after all the bullshit they went through last year. Love the title song right from the start. Gonna just enjoy the moment with them while we still can. I ain't gonna complain much about them this comeback. They deserve all the good stuff right this moment.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not feeling it either.

I'm slowly getting addicted to Red Moon. The 'Oh Run Baby Run' is so catchy, but the rest of the song is kind of forgettable.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, on the flip side I've warmed up to Dun Dun more. It is just a better Adios, but I'm a girl crush fan. Also, So What is my favorite single of the year.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Between Favorite, Hi High, Butterfly and So What, I think the direction I wanted LOONA to follow the most is definitely Favorite.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
That IZ*ONE song's just whatever for me. Nothing really hooked me on it even though it's not terrible or anything.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Searched for Cherry Bullet 'Hands Up' and Rocket Punch 'Bouncy' was one of the top results... confused fans are messing with the algorithms.

'La Vie En Rose' > 'Violetta' > 'Fiesta'

Funny, if CLC had released their version of Rose it wouldn't have been as successful as the Izone single.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I feel like some of y'all will hate this, but it sounds good to me:

It's no "Tiki Taka" but that was pop perfection so this face shouldn't surprise you 😝

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Scream feels like a solid album intro track to get you hyped for what follows, rather than a title track in its own right IMO.

Also, I feel like some of y'all will hate this...

The chorus has something going for it but the rest is a complete mess. Parts of the choreography are atrocious too. Also, it seems weird that they're releasing pretty much half of the song as a teaser.

Doyeon and Yoojung deserve so much better.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing about Scream is that the rap part is a little jarring. I think they could've made the transition a little smoother.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
To me 'Piri' sounded like a more pop-infused rock direction for Dreamcatcher (though they've been making non-rock songs since their debut), but I really like that song. 'Deja Vu' I go back and forth on, and 'Scream' is giving me similar vibes. Good, but not among their best.

Doyeon and Yoojung deserve so much better.
Feel like I've been saying this since the group's debut. Part of my issue has always been that I didn't get the sense that the other members were strong enough. Same with a lot of their music.

I never got on the 'Tiki Taka' wave like a lot of people, but in fairness, I didn't give the song much of a chance. Still need to go back and dive into that properly. Out of everything they've released, 'Metronome' is the only song I love. It's just perfect for what it is.

Weki Meki (위키 미키) - Metronome (Color Coded/Han/Rom/Sub ESPAÑOL)

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
Dreamcatcher is one of my favorites and I adore Scream and the whole new album. I'm glad to see people liking it on here as well.

Fumo

Oct 27, 2017

Fangirl dying
5h3C5nw.gif

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like Weki Meki is going to deliver my SOTY 2020 (so far) in two days. I love that piece of the chorus.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
In a sea of the february comebacks, one of my fav composer JIDA from the WALTZSOFA RECORDS folks just released an album. Humming Urban Stereo produced the album. This is a good personal break for me from the recent released hyped and loud songs.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The chorus has something going for it but the rest is a complete mess. Parts of the choreography are atrocious too. Also, it seems weird that they're releasing pretty much half of the song as a teaser.
Seems like that's going to be the trend now. Cignature did it as well.

IZ*ONE title song ranking:
Fiesta > Violetta > La Vie En Rose > Suki to Iwasetai >>>>>>>> Vampire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Buenos Aires (jesus)

Status
Not open for further replies.