• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Love Perfect Velvet, their best whole package they have released yet. Been waiting for this since Automatic. Kingdom Come, Second and Attaboy, soooooo much RnB, I'm melting.

Irene and Joy look so gorgeous at Music Bank, but what's up with Yeri still having long hair in one of the performances?? And they did not only fuck up Seulgi's hair, but her outfit is

tumblr_naxyvrrb3e1tipxlutw.gif

Jeongyeon is the coolest girl ever, I think I developed a huge crush on her

Why post it now after the voting!? Noona Jeongyeon would have risen quiet a lot.
Full clip of TWICE's appearance on K-Rush
Who's she trying to swindle, she's always the proactive one with the kisses. haha

Halcy Caritas

Oct 26, 2017
Perfect Velvet is by far my favorite full album of the year. I feel like Red Velvet has really secured their niche in the industry. The sound is so refreshing and uniquely Red Velvet, I absolutely love it.

Look's nostalgic vibes resonate with me so well, it's hard to contain my love for the song!

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished listening to Perfect Velvet. The girls didn't come to play, huh? It's be a strong canditate for my AOTY and I can't believe they managed to dethrone The Red as their best work. Kingdom Come in particular is superb from start to finish. The whole album oozes production.

Jeongyeon is the coolest girl ever, I think I developed a huge crush on her

She's the sweetest girl. Thank you so much for sharing!

Irene and Joy look so gorgeous at Music Bank, but what's up with Yeri still having long hair in one of the performances?? And they did not only fuck up Seulgi's hair, but her outfit is
I liked the overalls, but those gloves...
tumblr_ov8zibtK2D1sk2kqwo8_250.gif

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
She sang live at a festival(?) in a yellow outfit with blue highlights in her hair, that's all I remember of her perfomances this year. Can YG only release one girl (group) per year? While BlackPink is roaming around in japan, Soo-hyun got her release with her brother, but that's it right?

isuzu

Oct 26, 2017
picking an AOTY is going to be a pain but I think I'll stay with day6's Sunrise (sorry, BTS)

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Don't follow the closely, but it seems like I'm always hearing something about a member driving drunk, allowing their dog to bite people, and now this. Maybe I'm confusing them with another group.

Well, this guy alone has been arrested twice for DUI hit-and-run incidents. So it definitely seems like you're thinking of the right group.

Relaxer

Nov 14, 2017
Listening to Perfect Velvet for the first time now. I thought the first track was very good, not great, but there's a lot going on so I'm sure I'll get into more. The production really is good, very compelling, so I know I won't let this one fade. I typically go for more bangers so nothing is close to Cosmic Girls for my AOTY, although I feel like I'll be listening to Natsume Mito's record for years to come

But seriously, 'Happy Moment' is a great record

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect Velvet is really great. I think I enjoyed individual tracks from The Red a bit more than I did with this one, but they're pretty much on par with each other overall. Red Velvet has pretty much cemented themselves as my favorite group now. Peek-A-Boo is so great maaaan.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I don't want to be that guy but the Red Velvet comeback is so weak, maybe one of the worst comebacks this year. Is that really what they hyped up for weeks? Your typical 2017 check-list kpop song.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to be that guy but the Red Velvet comeback is so weak, maybe one of the worst comebacks this year. Is that really what they hyped up for weeks? Your typical 2017 check-list kpop song.
do you by chance deliver pizza as a living? that could explain things.

the song, the MV, the choreography in the live performance posted by feist = top notch.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Before I forget, really like the new rv song. Feels like something you would put on as you drive to santa barbara for a weekend getaway.

Went to eat in koreatown and picked up my first ever kpop anything. I haven't bought a music cd since like the turn of the century. I'll have to google how to get the cd into my amazon music later.

tgsmall1ucs2c.jpg

Matte cover and you get a poster, large group photo, and your choice of a member card (chose Jihyo) aside from the album. When the attendant asked me "what's your bias?" for the member card, internally i was like "I know what that word refers to!". But when I said Jihyo it came out weird since it was my first time pronouncing it. The picture book I got is mainly the 3 people listed there, but they were all pictures from the teaser images released online, I don't think there were any unreleased ones. 3 random(?) picture cards and some stickers round up the rest.

oh and i'm very grateful that stores like this exist. they saved me a lot in shipping charges had I ordered it by myself online. 22 bucks and done.

CrimsonMina

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Peek-a-boo is great but I think I still like Red Flavor more. I need to listen to the whole album now.

FuuRe

Oct 26, 2017
Why post it now after the voting!? Noona Jeongyeon would have risen quiet a lot.

Huh, I just got here, didn't know there was a voting :(

Edit: I just checked the results, and I'm damn glad I wasn't a part of that monstrosity of a poll.

Jeongyeon is 200% best girl

Last edited:

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Is "check-list" some new slang, like, "the shit"?

The whole album is full of check-list kpop songs.

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
I don't keep up with kpop these days but i have to say that the new red velvet is great. didn't like everything else they released this year so i wasn't expecting this to be that great. the only songs i don't like are peek a boo & moonlight melody (hate ballads).

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
No one around these parts seems to know where Yuseol's come from (company has Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Fan Cafe but no website?), and the bots are on her company's side as you'll see in some comments, but this is a good release. Moreso as a debut.

Is she the missing fourth member of Odd Eye Circle or something? There's really quite a lot about this release that just screams Loona...

It's good though. I like it a lot.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I agree but for lovelyz
Oh man, such a disappointment after the last one. Hoped people would just ignore it in favour of the RV comeback. Haha Maybe I should give it one more listen.

Is she the missing fourth member of Odd Eye Circle or something? There's really quite a lot about this release that just screams Loona...

It's good though. I like it a lot.
Wow, missed it somehow. Blockberry might wish she would be, especially with the moon being so prominent in the MV. Definitely in the same visual category as the rest.

Last edited:

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
qhbohqjljnyz.jpg

Apink 3rd Japanese Album 'Pink Stories', December 27th.

Tracklist:
  1. Hello Hello
  2. Bye Bye (7th Single「Bye Bye」より)
  3. Rainbow (9th Single「Orion」より)
  4. Darling
  5. ぱぴぷぺPON! (7th Single「Bye Bye」より)
  6. もっとGO!GO! (8th Single「もっとGO!GO!」より)
  7. Love Shoot!
  8. ダリア
  9. I'm in Love (8th Single「もっとGO!GO!」より)
  10. Love Forever
  11. Orion (9th Single「Orion」より)
  12. Happy Ending
---

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
The main delivery guy (whom you see throughout the MV). In the beginning of the MV you can see he has someone in the car with him, and then at the end of the MV that someone comes out and kills him. I got the impression that he ran away from the house with one of the girls (you see him trying to escape with one of them, and they keep changing, ending with Yeri).

But I guess Irene is who is in the car with him, you can see a quick flash of red boots and a colorful dress, which she wears throughout the MV

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
That Joy fanboy is insane. It's funny watching the other members, some of them want to laugh while others look annoyed lol

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I understand that you do not like Red Velvet's single; taste is subjective and all one needs to do is see this community's reactions to every Twice release to see how our opinions are diverse.

But saying the song is just a "checklist" when you had multiple comments here saying how that's not the case, how different and refreshing it is, is simply not true.
The only reason you are getting quoted so much is because you started your post saying "I don't want to be that guy", but ended it clearly wanting to be that guy, using hyperbole and snark just for the sake of being controversial, as seen again in your post above.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can understand not liking the song, but if this is one of the worst comebacks this year, you must not have been paying attention to some of the comebacks we had in 2017.

G-Nitro

Oct 27, 2017
Columbia, MD
No, but I am not going to try to fight against Kpop fans who would praise a turd like it is the best thing since sliced bread.

But this is definitely a troll post. Choice of words is obvious. I don't even think the song is better than Red Flavor after my first few listens, but its definitely not a failed comeback. Rookie was a failed comeback imo, not this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.