• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Nitro

Oct 27, 2017
Columbia, MD
Welp, thanks to MBK Youtube account gone, a couple songs that were going to be on my Top 100 this year have been removed. DIA videos, Shannon.... all gone... profound sadness

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
While most seem to dislike the beginning of Mix9, there quiet some gems that many, me included, will probably follow to some degree after all. Definitely will look for Nam Ju Jins/Eyedi's performances. Still angry that Base Camp didn't let her sing on music shows. :E And Park Jiyeon/Lucy wasn't accepted either, did B-Day really underperform so much that they won't let her release anything else this year? Also still confused what H Brothers Ent did with MiSO after KKPP. Her dance cover of Gashina got thrice as many clicks as her (then) current comeback. Just wish some more solos would see more success this year. Jeon Soyeon got so much talent and cube let her out with jelly.

m9-02b9npe4.gif

AgentChris

Oct 26, 2017

Ryan_MSF

Oct 26, 2017
관악구, South Korea
Finally got around to my weekly K-Pop post. 37 videos this week, holy crap. This has been one busy Autumn for new music. BTS, Epik High, Rhythm Power, but one of my favorites this week is the MV from TARIN. So good! Enjoy folks.

K-Pop MVs You Should Be Watching – 11/25/17 http://g-nitro.com/k-pop-mvs-you-should-be-watching-11-25-17

Just wanna say thanks for this. It's great every week, and really helpful in catching up with some stuff i've missed!

source.gif

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
DPkSyTYVwAA_C0C.jpg

I haven't been following MIXNINE (or The Unit) very closely but I did enjoy this rendition of 2NE1's It Hurts, particularly when they all start singing together.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
People are already calling it WalletShaker.
A repackage so soon after the album was released along with the other merchandise announced I don't know if it's a great time for a twice fan since it fits into the holiday shopping season and they have a lot to choose from.
I'm skipping walletshaker but the twiceland blue ray if the local store carries it I'll get it.

On the flight back from visiting family yesterday, this is what American Airlines had for kpop music entertainment:

kpopplane2tssf1.jpg

I know of Stellar but haven't really listened to their music. Unfortunately I couldn't listen to it since I ended up talking with my wife the whole flight back.

kpopplane13ssng.jpg

The other album they had was a 35+ songs of kpop hits. I didn't know any of them, at all.
Does anyone know the songs above, are they a good selection or just average?

G-Nitro

Oct 27, 2017
Columbia, MD
On the flight back from visiting family yesterday, this is what American Airlines had for kpop music entertainment:

kpopplane2tssf1.jpg

I know of Stellar but haven't really listened to their music. Unfortunately I couldn't listen to it since I ended up talking with my wife the whole flight back.

kpopplane13ssng.jpg

The other album they had was a 35+ songs of kpop hits. I didn't know any of them, at all.
Does anyone know the songs above, are they a good selection or just average?

Stellar had some decent singles. Dduraeyo and Snapback Girl were alright. The rest are eeeh

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
[MV] MAP6(맵식스) _ Love is Gone

Not super remarkable, but a nice boygroup song. I always like the dramatic not-really-a-ballad but emotional songs.
No idea what the plans for this group are, they always get super low budget comebacks and they are in the same company as Girl's Day.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how much attention BTS is getting. Wonder if other more popular boy groups (domestically) are jealous of them since most groups always dream of making it big internationally. It's weird, at this point I think they could release an English album and it'd actually do well on the charts because they have so many fans here.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how much attention BTS is getting. Wonder if other more popular boy groups (domestically) are jealous of them since most groups always dream of making it big internationally. It's weird, at this point I think they could release an English album and it'd actually do well on the charts because they have so many fans here.

Right time, place, moment, and specifically company. There is no doubt it should have been Big Bang, if it was a few years ago alongside a company actually interested in pushing.

I said it at the old forum as well. Kpop is a mash up of 90's Boy bands and RnB brought into 2010s. When they were expected to be able to sing and perform(Dance) at the same time. Which was cut down more over the years(Only ones like Bey and Usher keeping it alive).

isuzu

Oct 26, 2017
BTS is so succesful internationally because that's been the plan since they debuted. They were doing concerts here in south america a little after debuting. Also being the most woke k-pop group helps a lot nowadays.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

They've been built to reach international fans. They did early international concerts. Their first (very bad) variety show was in LA. They translate most of their releases so international fans can enjoy them.

The other major labels do not. SM Entertainment doesn't give a damn about American sales and reaching American fans beyond concert venues. EXO, GOT 7, Twice, Seventeen, Apink, Red Velvet, etc; they're all focused on Asian markets. In as much as jealously, I doubt their biggest rivals at this point, EXO and Wanna One, care. EXO is still big in Asian markets (probably going to sweep many of the top categories at the MAMAs for example) and Wanna One has a limited shelf life.

Oct 25, 2017
They've been built to reach international fans. They did early international concerts. Their first (very bad) variety show was in LA. They translate most of their releases so international fans can enjoy them.

The other major labels do not. SM Entertainment doesn't give a damn about American sales and reaching American fans beyond concert venues. EXO, GOT 7, Twice, Seventeen, Apink, Red Velvet, etc; they're all focused on Asian markets. In as much as jealously, I doubt their biggest rivals at this point, EXO and Wanna One, care. EXO is still big in Asian markets (probably going to sweep many of the top categories at the MAMAs for example) and Wanna One has a limited shelf life.

I didn't know this about BTS! For all that planning I don't think Bighit understood the stigma lipsync has in the West though. That AMA performance would have been more universally acclaimed if they didn't produce it the way they're used to in SK.

I can't argue with success but wondering if it could have been bigger...

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the bomb threats APink received in the middle of one of the music shows a few months ago? Apparently not only has it not stopped, it's only gotten worse.

Apink Revealed To Have Received Over 30 Bomb Threats In 6 Months

It has been revealed that since June, Apink has received around 30 such phone calls, which happened for events both in Korea and abroad. On November 22, a phone call was made to the Tokyo Nakano Police Station in Japan saying that a bomb had been placed inside of the Nakano Zero Hall, the location of Apink's concert.

Multiple officers were deployed to the scene, but no explosives were found and the event was delayed for an hour. This also happened at Apink's concerts in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

According to the audio analysis by the National Forensic Service, all of the bomb threats were made by the same individual. After tracking the phone number, the suspect was found to be a 31-year-old Korean-American male residing in Canada. The exact reasons for his actions are unknown, but the suspect gave an interview to an online media outlet in June saying he was angered by watching the members on a group date on a show.

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
BTS preforming MIC Drop on Ellen. Apparently it leaked early even though this airs tomorrow.

I'm so happy the person doing camera work for this filmed it better than the AMA's.

Edit:

Found some of the interview as well.

Last edited:

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
On the eve of Yves' debut, we come together in Resetera to talk about Biblical references, dualism, and swans in the latest LOONA report.

Unlike last time where my writing went off the wall to the point of derangement, I'm gonna do my best to not defile this post with insanity... but obviously, if you haven't been paying attention, I can't promise that(it's already started if you ask me lmao).

The Swan - I've got a feeling that this is her animal. On the first four teaser pictures, she has a lot of feather looking things on her clothes. Then those same outfits seem to evoke the image of a ballerina... cue the MV teaser and there's a real short clip of her doing ballet like motions. It's not a dead giveaway, but imo this is pretty close.

Adam and Eve - Uh... angelic outfits, eating an apple in the MV, cross looking like thing in the background as she drops an apple... need I say more? A lot of the early speculation was that this would be about LOONA's creation and there certainly is some credence to this theory, but the more I think about it, the less I buy it. Yves certainly does signal a "new beginning" so to speak with LOONA-verse but I don't think it's creation.

Dualism - This is more of a personal theory and I'd rather not try to explain it because this'll drop down a black hole really quick. But basically, I believe that Yves and the future members are a combination of LOONA 1/3 and Odd Eye Circle's looks/personality. The teasers having two different looks, referencing the movie Clueless, another referencing Macintosh Plus, and another referencing illusions... I'm telling you it jumps in too deep so I'm gonna stop.

---------

In summary, Yves signals a new beginning to LOONA. How? We're not exactly sure. As mentioned above, some people think Yves and the new subunit are the genesis of LOONA. But again I don't buy it.

I personally subscribe to the time travel theory...

If you remember from my last post, I believe I mentioned that OEC's Girl Front is the latest thing to happen in LOONA-verse. In the beginning of the MV, bae hits play on the tape player and the song plays... and at the end of the MV, the tape player stops and then rewinds.

Initially I thought this was a reference to Sweet Crazy Love as that's the prequel to Eclipse, SITR, LCM, and GF, but with the Adam and Eve theory, I think it's more of a reference to where LOONA is going to go right now.

Also, notice how in Yves' MV teaser the moon(in the title cards) fades out right to left whereas all the moons before it faded out left to right? It's almost as if the moon is getting rewound too....

We've got a reference to a movie from 1995, Macintosh Plus(referencing the 80's imo), and her song sounding very retro... oh and who still uses a cassette tape in 2017? Do some of y'all even know/remember what it is??

And with that, I'm done... Yves' track new will be dropping at 11/28 12PM KST(9PM CST), or 20 hours away from this post... I'm excited to see if the speculation is correct or wildly wrong. Either way, it's been fun to waste time at work speculating about this mess... see y'all on the other side! Heh.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Oh cool, didn't know that. Thanks for the input :)

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
On the eve of Yves' debut, we come together in Resetera to talk about Biblical references, dualism, and swans in the latest LOONA report.

Unlike last time where my writing went off the wall to the point of derangement, I'm gonna do my best to not defile this post with insanity... but obviously, if you haven't been paying attention, I can't promise that(it's already started if you ask me lmao).

The Swan - I've got a feeling that this is her animal. On the first four teaser pictures, she has a lot of feather looking things on her clothes. Then those same outfits seem to evoke the image of a ballerina... cue the MV teaser and there's a real short clip of her doing ballet like motions. It's not a dead giveaway, but imo this is pretty close.

Adam and Eve - Uh... angelic outfits, eating an apple in the MV, cross looking like thing in the background as she drops an apple... need I say more? A lot of the early speculation was that this would be about LOONA's creation and there certainly is some credence to this theory, but the more I think about it, the less I buy it. Yves certainly does signal a "new beginning" so to speak with LOONA-verse but I don't think it's creation.

Dualism - This is more of a personal theory and I'd rather not try to explain it because this'll drop down a black hole really quick. But basically, I believe that Yves and the future members are a combination of LOONA 1/3 and Odd Eye Circle's looks/personality. The teasers having two different looks, referencing the movie Clueless, another referencing Macintosh Plus, and another referencing illusions... I'm telling you it jumps in too deep so I'm gonna stop.

---------

In summary, Yves signals a new beginning to LOONA. How? We're not exactly sure. As mentioned above, some people think Yves and the new subunit are the genesis of LOONA. But again I don't buy it.

If you remember from my last post, I believe I mentioned that OEC's Girl Front is the latest thing to happen in LOONA-verse. In the beginning of the MV, bae hits play on the tape player and the song plays... and at the end of the MV, the tape player stops and then rewinds.

Initially I thought this was a reference to Sweet Crazy Love as that's the prequel to Eclipse, SITR, LCM, and GF, but with the Adam and Eve theory, I think it's more of a reference to where LOONA is going to go right now.

Also, notice how in Yves' MV teaser the moon(in the title cards) fades out right to left whereas all the moons before it faded out left to right? It's almost as if the moon is getting rewound too....

We've got a reference to a movie from 1995, Macintosh Plus(referencing the 80's imo), and her song sounding very retro... oh and who still uses a cassette tape in 2017? Do some of y'all even know/remember what it is??

And with that, I'm done... Yves' track new will be dropping at 11/28 12PM KST(9PM CST), or 20 hours away from this post... I'm excited to see if the speculation is correct or wildly wrong. Either way, it's been fun to waste time at work speculating about this mess... see y'all on the other side! Heh.

I'm out
original.gif

I'm all the way in

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

---------

jongkookie's back!

Status
Not open for further replies.