• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, the video is out now:

Song is produced by Shinsadong Tiger. I like the video. Hopefully they can gain some more fans since all of their releases have been good so far and this is the strongest one.

Bonus: Here's a new song from Alice (Hello Venus):

Last edited:

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, the video is out now:

Song is produced by Shinsadong Tiger. I like the video. Hopefully they can gain some more fans since all of their releases have been good so far and this is the strongest one.

Definitely caught my attention. Prechorus and chorus is catchy as hell and choreo pretty tight too. Rap part and bridge can be a bit better but overall a great song.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
These fanchant videos always make me laugh. Also, they make me wonder how fans agree on them when the companies don't produce these kinds of videos? Do they get together and practice?

DamnBoxes

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't checked the thread in a while; happy new year everyone.

These were, objectively, the best KPOP tracks of 2017:

cooltext271411765617814.png

Have a blessed day!

aRM3Uio.png

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting tired of the, "They left the company, but don't call it a break-up," stuff. How many groups actually stuck together after leaving a company? I can think of Beast, that other group that starts with an S (think they were signed to SM back in the day), and Sunny Hill.

I mean, I get why they do it, but it's getting annoying. Like when publishers say they'll bring a game to the Switch if enough people show interest lol

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to hear what happened with 4minute behind the scenes. The other members totally shunned Hyuna lol
I was a member on OneHallyu at the time and lived in the 4minute thread. All the members unfollowed Hyuna at the same time, which made a lot of us think that she blocked them. Because that made more sense then all of them sitting in a room and unfollowing her at the same time. And she's the only one who didn't post about the 7 year anniversary. Needless to say--that thread turned into a warzone real fucking quick lol. This one Hyuna Super Stan, there's a name for fans who only like one member, trolled endlessly.

I wish they would've keep them, though. Because Hyuna is better in a group.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I was a member on OneHallyu at the time and lived in the 4minute thread. All the members unfollowed Hyuna at the same time, which made a lot of us think that she blocked them. Because that made more sense then all of them sitting in a room and unfollowing her at the same time. And she's the only one who didn't post about the 7 year anniversary. Needless to say--that thread turned into a warzone real fucking quick lol. This one Hyuna Super Stan, there's a name for fans who only like one member, trolled endlessly.

I wish they would've keep them, though. Because Hyuna is better in a group.

Someday I will understand Hyuna's attraction. I guess she puts on the show, but her vocals leave alot to be desired, and I liked Red, and of course Bubble Pop.

The little I read about it gave me the impression the members bet on Hyuna pulling her weight to keep the group together but ended up taking Cube's offer instead. Oh well, at least Hyuna was always pretty clear about always looking out for number one lol

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One can only hope that they intend to stay together after their successful year in '17.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
And I forgot to mention it, but my top list was possible thanks to No No Eul comprehensive releases playlist, to make sure I don't forget any release.
Good point. I failed to mention that, but I also used those playlists to help remember and finalize my own rankings. Very helpful, and thanks for compiling them No No Eul.

Your welcome guys! Glad you find them useful.

Other churches are available I guess. :P

Bonus: Here's a new song from Alice (Hello Venus):

That's interesting timing given what's going on at Fantagio right now.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Coming in a little late, but here's my top five (singles with MVs only) for 2017, off the top of my head.
  1. Laboum - "Hwi Hwi"
  2. Brave Girls - "Rollin'"
  3. AKMU - "Dinosaur"
  4. LOONA Kim Lip - "Eclipse"
  5. LOONA Yves - "New"
Maybe "Hwi Hwi" isn't the best song of the year, but I'm always happy to hear it. Always. It filled the Dal Shabet void in that sense this year, for me. The dance practice video is best video version:

I debated making Brave Girls my #1 for the second year in a row. I think I like "Deepened" better, but I find myself listening to "Rollin'" a lot more, if that makes any sense.

AKMU can do no wrong, far as I'm concerned. It'll be a long wait until Chanhyuk finishes his military service.

Just about everything LOONA has released from Kim Lip on has been great. It's a run that reminds me of FEMM a few years back, where someone is doing a hell of a job picking/writing/releasing a bunch of songs in succession--any one or two of which would be enough to say that artist had a good year.

Honorable mention for The Song That Might Be #1 on My List if It Didn't Have That Pitch-Shifted-Down Voice Saying "Red Flavor" (or "Red Velvet" or Whatever It's Saying) goes to Red Velvet's "Red Flavor."

Cross Gene's "Black or White" also gets an honorable mention, just because that band deserves some success, with their catchy songs and goofy (occasionally low-rent) videos.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm late for the tops, right?

Anyway, here are my favourite 40 songs from 2017. They're not ordered because I can't do it. I tried to do it but songs would switch positions every day. There will be an underline on the ones I really, really love.

Apink - FIVE
B1A4 - Rollin'
Baek A Yeon - Sweet Lies (feat. The Barbarettes)
BewhY - Hewgeso
B.I.G. - 1, 2, 3
Block B - Yesterday
Bolbbalgan4 - Some
BTOB - Movie
Chuu (LOONA) - Heart Attack
Coco - Wishywashy
Dreamcatcher - Fly High
Epik High - Home is Far Away
EXID - Night Rather Than Day
Fromis_9 - Glass Shoes
Girl's Day - I'll Be Yours
Girls Next Door - Deep Blue Eyes
Gugudan - A Girl Like Me
Heize - You, Clouds, Rain
Highlight - Calling You
Hyuna - Babe
IU - Last Night Story
JJ Project - Tomorrow, Today
Jonghyun - Lonely (feat. Taeyeon)
Kim Lip (LOONA) - Eclipse
Laboum - Hwi Hwi
Mino & Seungyoon - The Door

N.Flying - The Real
Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo
Red Velvet - Rookie
Sechskies - Something Special
Super Junior - Black Suit

The Rose - Sorry
TWICE - Heart Shaker
TWICE - Signal
TWICE - Likey
WINNER - Love Me, Love Me
WINNER - Really Really

WJSN - I Wish
Yves (LOONA) - New
Zico - Anti (feat. G-Soul)

April - Take My Hand
Blackpink - As If It's Your Last
Block B - Shall We Dance
Bobby - Runaway
BoA - Camo
Brave Girls - Rollin'
BTS - Spring Day
Buzz - Just One
Dreamcatcher - Chase Me
Dreamcatcher - Good Night
Dumbfoundead - Water
EXID - DDD
Girls' Generation - All Night
Hello Venus - Mysterious
IU - Autumn Morning
IU - Palette (feat. G-Dragon)
Kim Youngchul - Ring Ring
NCT Dream - My First And Last
One - Gettin' By
Red Velvet - Red Flavor
Sechskies - Be Well
Sechskies - Sad Song
Sechskies - Smile
Sunmi - Gashina
Turbo - Hot Sugar
Yoon Jong Shin & Zico - Wi-Fi
Zion T. - Snow (feat. Lee Moon Sae)

Also pretty much all Day6.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
[MV] MAMAMOO (마마무) _ Paint Me (칠해줘)

edit:
you don't like the video? I thought it was a pretty good addition to the song
To be fair I should have specified that was specific to me, an not that others wouldn't enjoy the video for AKMU 'Melted.' I've been listening to the song for years and never watched the video at all until I recently saw brief clips of it. At this point I have such a strong mental image of what song is that I'd rather not watch the video for fear of altering that.

Last edited:

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
With the increasing number of shows getting subbed more regularly by reliable fan sources, or the official broadcasters themselves, it would be nice if we start posting more episodes in this thread for people to check out.

The Swan Club | 발레교습소 백조클럽 - Ep.4 : Waltz of the Flowers [ENG/2018.01.03]

Click the "Caption" button to activate subtitle!
------------------------------------------------
Ep.4 : This week's episode of The Swan Club is titled, 'Waltz of the Flowers'. The members gather to present the choreography they created for "Waltz of the Flower". The new member, Yeonjae gets to have a light and fun date with Cheng Xiao before the lesson to get to know each other. The guest, announcer Kim Joohui joins for the day as The Swan Club takes a lesson for expression from which to overcome their shyness. Meanwhile, Director Kim finally reveals the plan for the year-end show.

The Unit | 더 유닛 - Ep.10 : Restart Part.2 [ENG/2018.01.04]

Click the "Caption" button to activate subtitle!
------------------------------------------------
Ep.10 : In this episode of The Unit, 'Restart Part 2', female groups take the stage for the restart mission. The unit makers start their voting as they watch the performances. And the first and last place are announced as soon as the performers get off the stage. The keen performances to survive begin of which everyone practiced all night as if it's their last chance on the stage.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
So Yulhee (Ex-Laboum) is getting married . . . at what, 20? Every time I see this in K-pop I always think, "Somebody got knocked up!" Ha, whatever the case, I wish her luck.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
LOL why else would they be getting married? Love?

Hopefully he will act like a decent human being once the baby comes, unlike the Crayon Pop girl, whose husband likes to go on TV to talk about her business.
I always feel bad for the couples when this happens. Because I can see them growing to resent each other. The former idols may say, "I gave up everything for you!" one day.

If I ran a company I'd tell my idols, "Use protection for goodness sakes!" Because if you get pregnant (or get someone pregnant), the shotgun is coming out of the closet, no questions asked lol

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I always feel bad for the couples when this happens. Because I can see them growing to resent each other. The former idols may say, "I gave up everything for you!" one day.

If I ran a company I'd tell my idols, "Use protection for goodness sakes!" Because if you get pregnant (or get someone pregnant), the shotgun is coming out of the closet, no questions asked lol

At the risk of sounding really harsh, as a former Laboum member, Yulhee didn't exactly give up much.

Also giving them lessons on safe sex isn't going to be helpful when a lot of booze was most likely involved in this situation.

Coverly

Oct 28, 2017
Only got into Kpop around august of last year, so there still a lot I haven't seen/heard. For example I'm still going through the kpop essentials playlist from this OT and liking many of the songs there but they wouldn't qualify for 2017. Though I've enjoyed songs like DDD, Peek a Boo, and Likey, I'm only listing songs that really made an impression.

1. "Move" - Taemin: His performance is captivating. I remember skipping through the music show performances if within 5 seconds it didn't draw my attention and stopping on his performance I couldn't look away. It wasn't fast and flashy, but each move felt like there was a lot of weight behind it on a song that could have been danced to a much faster choreo.

2. "Sincerely" - Lee Ye Joon: This was the first ballad that I fell for, again, by skipping around music show performances and finding this one. It's plain and simple, but for these types of songs, you don't need much. When I went around looking for different versions, I was astonished at how little views these performances got in comparison to the views Twice and other boy bands would get. That was another revelation that not every video has over 100 million views.

3. "Yes" - Minseo: Looking for other versions of Sincerely I ran into this one and just fell for it. I know there is a history to the song but I haven't gotten around to read up on it.

4. "You in my Heart" - Twice: From the official MV releases, I would say Signal is easily my favorite for 2017. It was surprising to read that it wasn't well received I'm glad I didn't read the history before listening to the song first. But for music from August till the end of the year, You in my Heart is my favorite. It's smooth with a catchy chorus and the type of song you would put on in the morning to get ready for the day to get you going.

5. "Heart Attack" - Loona/Chuu: Ahh.. I guess I got pulled into the Loonaverse.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
My mind has already turned towards the dark side. Which groups will disband this year? I'm betting on Hello Venus, f(x), and hopefully After School. I need that last bandaid pulled off already.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it too late to get into NU'EST? I'm addicted to Where You At.

My mind has already turned towards the dark side. Which groups will disband this year? I'm betting on Hello Venus, f(x), and hopefully After School. I need that last bandaid pulled off already.
I'm hoping for at least one final f(x) comeback before they disband. But considering SM, as long as all the girls stay in the company I doubt they'll ever officially disband.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently Gayoon gave an interview about how 4minute disbanded.

Apparently all the members learned about it from the news and Cube only renewed Hyuna's contract.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats to Yulhee and Minhwan. It's nice to kick off the year with some happy news.

Honorable mention for The Song That Might Be #1 on My List if It Didn't Have That Pitch-Shifted-Down Voice Saying "Red Flavor" (or "Red Velvet" or Whatever It's Saying) goes to Red Velvet's "Red Flavor."

+1

Yeonjae gets to have a light and fun date with Cheng Xiao

+7389

(I haven't actually watched it yet but I'm sure it'll be great.)

Status
Not open for further replies.