• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentChris

Oct 26, 2017
What are some of the must watch Korean dramas and movies from the last couple years?

I really enjoyed Midnight Runners [movie] and just about to start Healer [drama].

sca

Oct 25, 2017
What are some of the must watch Korean dramas and movies from the last couple years?

I really enjoyed Midnight Runners [movie] and just about to start Healer [drama].
Some of my favorite Kdramas are W, Reply 1988, Please Come Back Mister, Emergency Couple, Producer, and Scarlet Heart: Ryeo

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017

For dramas, the only ones I would recommend are Signal, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo and Strangers (Secret Forest).

For movies, The Handmaiden, Age of Shadows, A Taxi Driver. You could also watch The Wailing and Train to Busan, although I didn't think much of them.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

Healer was pretty good. I loved She Was Pretty, Goblin, Uncontrollably Fond, and The K2 was pretty alright.

That KARD video.... lawd...

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any version of Trust Me without cursing blurbed out? It sounds so awful like that and it's especially bad during BM's rap.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Simple, direct and effective. More people need to appreciate how good Red Velvet 'I Just' is.

Let's do that.

Red Velvet - I Just Lyrics (Color Coded/ENG/ROM/HAN)

This song wouldn't be out of place on an f(x) album...

*hasn't clicked link*

Be sure to acknowledge 2Yoon's greatness, and buy/stream 'Harvest Moon.'

Please anticipate their quadrennial releases.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
*hasn't clicked link*

Be sure to acknowledge 2Yoon's greatness, and buy/stream 'Harvest Moon.

24/7 is a banger, but 2Yoons not eligible unfortunately. You know what is eligible?

https://youtu.be/4Rn7HTUIPtU
https://youtu.be/0qNAxXLSavA
https://youtu.be/DrYJr1a47yE

Simple, direct and effective. More people need to appreciate how good Red Velvet 'I Just' is.

Let's do that.

Red Velvet - I Just Lyrics (Color Coded/ENG/ROM/HAN)

I Just is great. It's probably only my 3rd favorite b-side on Perfect Velvet, but that's just because the album is amazing. PAB is my favorite song, closely followed by Look and Kingdom Come at the moment. Need to give the album more listens though. Already started working the songs into my favorite RV songs list.

Pendulum

Oct 25, 2017
Because of the strikes, KBS and MBC are saying they may not hold some end of year award shows.
KBS - Undecided on Entertainment Awards and Gayo. Drama Awards going ahead.
MBC - Undecided on Drama and Entertainment Awards. Gayo going ahead.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Because of the strikes, KBS and MBC are saying they may not hold some end of year award shows.

Woah

Edit: I found news sources for those who wanted it.
KBS To Hold Drama Awards This Year, Undecided On Entertainment Awards And Song Festival
MBC Might Not Hold Drama And Entertainment Awards This Year

roosters93

Oct 25, 2017
was 좋니 popular with y'all?
still high in the charts* and probably one of the most iconic songs from 2017 here I reckon. really nice ballad imo. powerful and sad guy's point of view from a breakup.
well now there's a reply 윤종신 Yoon Jong Shin wrote from the girl's point of view and 민서 Minseo from his company sings it. Perhaps even better than the guy one I think, she sings it so well. And it's such a cool (but sad) story combing the two.

I really liked how in the dingo music live versions even the videos play like the girl version being a reply to the guy version. (the background being the same but day vs night and he drops off the mic and she picks up, very smooth)

*though I don't know how much that says really korean charts seem to move slower and when related songs come out old songs seem to easily go back up.

healer was great for me, hope you enjoy it!

and thanks to all posting drama recommendations

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Let's do that.
This song wouldn't be out of place on an f(x) album...
OMG I had thought the very same listening to it. Feels like they got a great song, that might have originally been conceptualized for f(x). What I would give for some more of those gals, if only Amber could reign herself in a bit for another comback. I know it must be depressing for her, but everything since Pink Tape will stay on my ipod forever.

was 좋니 popular with y'all?
still high in the charts* and probably one of the most iconic songs from 2017 here I reckon. really nice ballad imo. powerful and sad guy's point of view from a breakup.
well now there's a reply 윤종신 Yoon Jong Shin wrote from the girl's point of view and 민서 Minseo from his company sings it. Perhaps even better than the guy one I think, she sings it so well. And it's such a cool (but sad) story combing the two.

I really liked how in the dingo music live versions even the videos play like the girl version being a reply to the guy version. (the background being the same but day vs night and he drops off the mic and she picks up, very smooth)

*though I don't know how much that says really korean charts seem to move slower and when related songs come out old songs seem to easily go back up.

healer was great for me, hope you enjoy it!

and thanks to all posting drama recommendations
Song was super successful and it's the ballads that often get the bigger sales, while "poppy" singers/groups struggle to stay up for more than a week. 2017 had so many great songs...

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
4kehPlp.jpg

---

sca

Oct 25, 2017
Irene always looking great.

I wasn't really feeling Sana's bangs in the Likey MV, but it looks quite good in that Season's Greetings shot

sca

Oct 25, 2017
Joy is looking great as well. Currently watching The Liar and His Lover and I much prefer her look currently, with long hair

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the MBC strike ended. Shame if we don't get KBS Gayo, but I understand it's necessary.

A literal goddess.

I want it on record that Red Velvet's Joy is having a moment.

It's what she deserves.

And they continue to go viral on twitter.

Joy is looking great as well. Currently watching The Liar and His Lover and I much prefer her look currently, with long hair
Are you enjoying it? I finally watched the last episode last week.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm not completely sure how I feel about You & Me. Into You is such a great opener, but while most of the tracks are good, I don't think it's really what I wanted out of a new KARD EP.

MV was pretty great.
Agreed, I like You & Me but it isn't what I've come to expect from them from their initial run of singles. I guess they can't do the same thing over and over again though. Really liked the video though, come thru k-pop's growing death cult.

Has anyone listened to the new Pentagon? Are they getting lost in the shuffle? I've liked pretty much everything they've put out and while nothing on Demo_02 reaches the (incredibly high) heights of Like This from Demo_01, it's still pretty solid.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
So a kdrama named Argon just showed up on Netflix, is it worth watching or nah?

Former Nine Muses member Minah is in it, so is Lee Kyoung-Young whom I'm guessing is playing the villain lol

Last edited:

roosters93

Oct 25, 2017
I want it on record that Red Velvet's Joy is having a moment.
DPQkX7OWsAEx8Ao.jpg

DPQkX7SWsAAd3eI.jpg

DPQkX7QWAAc2oqT.jpg

maybe it's just me but seems like there's something wrong with a culture that repeatedly gives them too short clothes (for instance just Red Velvet, it was Irene last comeback) and also doesn't care about publishing upskirt shots. At first I thought it was just a pervy fanpic but then I noticed the watermark, it's an official SBS photographer.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017

This is EVERYTHING. LOONA saving kpop, and we haven't even seen the full group yet.

maybe it's just me but seems like there's something wrong with a culture that repeatedly gives them too short clothes (for instance just Red Velvet, it was Irene last comeback) and also doesn't care about publishing upskirt shots. At first I thought it was just a pervy fanpic but then I noticed the watermark, it's an official SBS photographer.
I wouldn't call that upskirt shot. There is not much the photographer can do with the length of that dress.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LOONA releases just get better and better. I hope Korea doesn't sleep on them when they debut.

I'm assuming they think it's okay since the girls usually wear safety shorts? I don't know. But yeah, it's a little uncomfortable.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I can't help but feel a little disappointed with Peek-A-Boo. I don't dislike it by any means (and the MV and the performances are really good) but it's the first time I haven't put a Red Velvet title track on repeat. The album as a whole isn't really blowing me away either, although Look is pretty fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.