• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Loona poll closing on the 11th, make sure you get your final ballot on time (add your username as usual if you have lost the link or put username2).

t1536706800z4.png

YfQMn6V.png

Reminder that lurker votes won't count, but you only really need to to post a gif of your favorite Loona girl to lose your lurker status.

No ranking update because I'm super busy.

Last edited:

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
First time looking at fromis_9 and they all seem to be super cute, is it the make-up?

Well this is K-Pop after all so uh...

Semi-jokes aside, imo it's probably a bit of both. Having seen a lot of their variety shows where they have no makeup, most of them are still recognizable.

That said, seeing them in person though? Doesn't matter if it's makeup or not, they're all legitimately gorgeous.

In fact most of the pictures and videos you see online don't really do any of them justice and this applies to all idols... at least the ones I've seen up close lol.

MakotoYuki

Oct 28, 2017

Guess this will be the last release from Loco in a while, since hes enlisting soon, unless he has time to release an album.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Has some weird parts, but overall it's a good song. Probably the most rapping Mimi has ever done in a single.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Shinee 'Countless' is good. Always up for Onew's unique tone, even when the contrast isn't as pronounced.

Has some weird parts, but overall it's a good song. Probably the most rapping Mimi has ever done in a single.
Plus it's one of their most un-OMG sounding releases, and likely biggest change structurally and thematically since 'Closer.' The chorus vocals bring it all together with that OMG touch.

How often does Binnie start an OMG song?

36min, 12sec
[Full] 오마이걸 OH MY GIRL - 불꽃놀이 (Remember me) Q&A @ OH MY GIRL 6th Mini 'Remember me' Showcase

51min, 24sec
[Full ver.] OH MY GIRL 'Remember Me' Showcase (오마이걸, 불꽃놀이)

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hope they won't keep forcing her into that boyish type being the only one with trousers.
Plus it's one of their most un-OMG sounding releases, and likely biggest change structurally and thematically since 'Closer.' The chorus vocals bring it all together with that OMG touch.

How often does Binnie start an OMG song?
Did she have curly hair before?

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Sunmi 'Siren' drunk version, featuring GOAT Backup Dancer

[이슬라이브] 선미(SUNMI)- 사이렌(Siren)

Did she have curly hair before?
Binnie? Mostly around shoulder-length hair or a short bob, with longer hair occasionally. Regardless of length it's usually straight or has a mild wave.

This is what I like the most. They just let the "b-team" run rampant on the track while the vocal line kinda stayed on the bridge and chorus. Seems like Hyojung got the least lines which is different. You don't see her singing a lot in the video.
Yeah, don't recall Hyojung ever having such few lines in O be of their singles. It's nearly the inverse of Mimi having what seems like the most rap lines ever.

It really is. Wish they had better footage though.
Posted GWSN's showcase here with timestamps:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12308189/

They performed 'Puzzle Moon' and 'Yolowa.' It's filmed straight on with a fairly steady camera. Not great but a little clearer than the dance practice video since the lighting in the partial silhouette effect the practice video has drowns out some of the subtle moves and shifts.

Another 'Puzzle Moon' showcase stage here:

GWSN(공원소녀) 'Puzzle Moon' Showcase Stage (퍼즐문, 밤의 공원 part one)

Q! My Dance(맞춤): GWSN(공원소녀) _ Puzzle Moon(퍼즐문)

Neol

Oct 25, 2017

Wonder how this will turn out. Find it kinda cheap using Drake as a way to get a billboard hit but hopefully the song is good.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder at what point SM stops adding people to NCT and starts a new group instead.

Also, I'm really intrigued to see what SM does with their next girl group.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017

Liking this a lot after a few listens. Love how it doesn't really sound like an OMG song (if there is such a thing), but has obvious OMG production. Up there with Windy Day and Closer, for me.

Also, I'm glad to see they wised up and put best member Binnie front and center. I actually like how the song kind of builds up to Seunghee and Hyojung getting their moments later on.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder at what point SM stops adding people to NCT and starts a new group instead.

Also, I'm really intrigued to see what SM does with their next girl group.
I was actually going to post something along those lines when I saw that NCT China member teaser. I guess the rumours of the girl group not being ready for prime time were right.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
SM is never going to pull the plug on NCT. This is their AKB. Seeing there's going to be a NCT Vietnam soon, there are no chances they just write them off.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
6oNjNEV.png

1 hour to close the 1st LOONA rankings to decide the #1 LOONA girl

SM is never going to pull the plug on NCT. This is their AKB. Seeing there's going to be a NCT Vietnam soon, there are no chances they just write them off.
They would need to be succesful in the first place to have any kind of longevity

LOONA 2018 rankings
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
The 2018 LOONA debut rankings results
jwOrQGV.png

We got 30 non lurker ballots over the last 3 weeks and here we ahve the results compiled

Did your favOriTes rank hi high? Check here THE RESULTS.

In 12th position with 93 points is frog girl Yeojin
f3QvKU0.png

Not enough with being the makanae and not having a subunit, she doesn't have the love of K-pop ERA.

In 11th position with 124 points is butterfly girl Go Won
skRHwZ6.png

yyxy crunchy vocalist dodged the last spot (that she occupied in the earlier days of the poll). Watch out for her attacks!

In 10th position with 140 points is cat girl Hyunjin
QRL8nEy.gif

Yes, you read that well, icon of betrayal and 1/3 maknae Hyunjin opens the top 10.

In 9th position with 155 points is bat girl Choerry.
slMo4Ob.png

No love for the maknaes of the group, with Choerry as our first OEC casualty. Watch out for her karate chop.

In 8th position with 160 points is deer girl Vivi
RtVsaVB.png

She seems disgusted about it, but she managed to escape the bottom for that she was part of until the last strech of the poll. She is the worst placed girl that was voted as #1 by several people, which definitely helped her in the last strech of the poll.

In 7th position with 202 points is rabbit girl Heejin
e46aYJQ.png

Being the enter of the group doesn't guarantee landing you a top spot. Betrayed icon gets betrayed by ERA's voters closing the bottom 6.

Now we jum to the really tight top 6, specially the next positions which were really close at the end with 242, 244 and 248 points.

In 6th position with 242 points is wolf girl Olivia Hye
CNzf4GZ.png

After a promising start ranking in 2nd place, she slowly tumbled down the rankings until the 6th position.

In 5th position with votes is swan girl Yves
kFFRtek.png

Yves getting in the top 5 totally deserves a ginseng mouthwash shot to celebrate.

In 4th position with 248 points is white bird girl Haseul
75jrrWO.png

Haseul ending up in 4th position, with a huge lead over her fellow subunit member is a huge surprise that should give her as secondary animal a dark horse.

And here we are, the top 3 of the ranking, Kim Lip, Jin Soul and Chuu. All three well beloved by this community, but who took the crown?

You will find it out in an incoming post!!

YpCyKkY.png

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeojin shouldn't be last. Y'all let her down. Same with Vivi.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
The TOP 3 2018 LOONA debut rankings

The 3 best girls of the mont according to this community, the results went as follows:

Jin Soul with 264 points
SKaaF07.jpg

She spent some time in #2, but got overtaken in the last moment.

K2UNkyN.png

The ultimate face off, the two 99' liners of LOONA, the sexy overload vs the cute overload, who took the crown of K-pop ERA's best LOONA girl?

Lim2icY.png

T5h2Swl.png

tumblr_oq6wjzDZsg1urmyjyo4_500.gif

tumblr_oqf771Tsv11utag2jo1_500.gif

KIM LIP! With 318 points and leading the poll since the first day, the entry point of LOONA for most people is the official best LOONA girl for K-pop ERA.

EtZzcI5.jpg

MVo1XM1.jpg

Chuu landed at #2, with 270 points and a big gap to #1 place, but being the #2 best rated girl out of LOONA is a big victory already. She also was the girl that had most #1 votes, with 7 out the 30 people placing her 1st in the rankings.

jc3jdDO.png

Thanks to everyone that participated, I'll come up with some stats and data for the result at some point, but in the mean time... a tease for the next ranking....

mv5BIP8.png

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Heejin too low, but this is a good list. That top 4 is strong, all were in my personal top 5. JinSoul is still #1 in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.