• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_piwvsfy0y41vafry4o3_640.gif

tumblr_piwvsfy0y41vafry4o1_640.gif

tumblr_piwvsfy0y41vafry4o2_640.gif

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
The bridge and some other parts of 'RBB (Really Bad Boy)' are good. What makes the repetition seem more glaring is the overuse of a previous song title as part of it.

One of these three guesses is partially right.
Heh, I only have 1, really. Pretty sure No No Eul and I are referring to the same group.

Mind blown.

Wait, has it really been three years since Popu Lady's last release? RIP, I guess.
You're saying Popu Lady are the Blackpink of China?

weeg1.gif

Peek-a-boo

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a very casual Kpop fan, but oh my days, Butterflies. Not really feeling the main track, I much prefer "normal" bad boy over "really bad boy".

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
That 'RBB' is one of the only Red Velvet songs to include an English version is too much of a wink from SM.

Oh, I know you are both referring at the same group... But it's incorrect. It's not WJSN for the poll :P
Yeah, I know but I have to campaign for them anyway. Otherwise I would have named my pick since that first post.

In all seriousness, Oh My Girl have been more influential in K-Pop than people may have noticed or given them credit for. Among idols OMG are actually your faves' faves... so...

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The mini itself is probably the best Red Velvet album since The Red. Even if RBB isn't a hit in my first listen, the B-Sides are amazing.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, Oh My Girl have been more influential in K-Pop than people may have noticed or given them credit for. Among idols OMG are actually your faves' faves... so...
They have the best body of work when compared to other GGs that came out in the last few years. Their b-sides are always amazing. Been listening to this on repeat lately:

BaraSailey

Oct 25, 2017
The new Red Velvet is great, and the whole mini is really solid. Power Up disappointed me so I'm very happy with this, haha

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
It's either my current down mood nowadays or I'm repeating "Better Than I Thought" and "Morning" the past 24 hours now.

Will definitely listen to RV's B sides tomorrow. RBB sounds alright.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
RBB is aight. Digging the beat and vocals but I kinda wish the song had more lyrical substance. I do admit that it works out for the English version a lot as I find it more listenable than english Bad Boy lol

On the other hand Butterflies is fucking amazing. Definitely a welcome tone shift from the stuff Red Velvet usually does.
They even got a stage for it which I guess shows a testament to how confident SM was for the song.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Man, 2018 has really, really tested my faith in Red Velvet's musical output, especially where their title tracks are concerned. I haven't exactly disliked their last four releases (five including #Cookie Jar) but it just seems so disappointing compared to their older stuff.

You're saying Popu Lady are the Blackpink of China?

·feist· pls, they're the Blackpink of Taiwan. ;)

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Good thing payday is before the ticket sale date. The only thing left is surviving the bots and scalpers.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I forgot to comment on Rbb's coreography, but some set feel like aeorobic moves. Lol. Looks like my warm up routine before hitting the gym

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
i rarely talk about them cause they're rarely worth talking about

But the MMAs were fantastic

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
i rarely talk about them cause they're rarely worth talking about

But the MMAs were fantastic
I checked the setlist and watched some of the performances, but aside G-Idle and maybe Gfriend and Apink, I have to disagree.

G-idle did kill it, though. And I don't even like them that much.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Melon is the main chart people go by, right? RBB is already a good deal below both Solo and Yes or Yes on that chart and Naver, right around 30th overall or so.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I checked the setlist and watched some of the performances, but aside G-Idle and maybe Gfriend and Apink, I have to disagree.

G-idle did kill it, though. And I don't even like them that much.

I mean, I don't particularly consider Gfriend's stage a highlight. They kinda just did what they always do.

Everybody's gonna have song preferences, but (G)I-DLE, BTS, Mamamoo, Ikon and Apink brought real A Game performances and changes to their songs. Which is what I look for in these award shows.

edit: And I care about Apink less than I care about NCT

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
(G)Idle has really been amazing. I have to thank you guys for introducing me to them. Soyeon is the break out star of the year for me.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm obsessed with the RBB performances. They haven't had this much energy since maybe Dumb Dumb. Today's Music Core was amazing. And Joy has hit another visual peak, to no one's surprise.

MegamanXZero

Oct 27, 2017
Rotterdam
Wow, I haven't been here for a while.

Wow! And even on my B-Day!
The more I listen to it, the better it sounds :)

Bad Boy is really my favo song, so I'm glad they did a continuation of it with RBB and their Velvet concept.

This is the real good song of the comeback

I like RBB, the coreo looks hard, but butterflies is LOVE, pure love, good year of kpop thanks to RV.

I think I like this song more than RBB as well, their voices are really great in this one.

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
I just dropped by to say that this might be the best Red Velvet song ever:

The west coast/SoCal vibe it gives off is just soooooooo good.

I feel like I'm cruising around Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica or the PCH with the top down... aka it's one of the best feelings ever lol.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Some parts are good and a lot of parts are bad in this song. Maybe it will grow on me like power up did.
Try to listen in this prespective, Focus all your attention on the vocals only, repeat phrase: OH MY GOD, IT'S A REAL BAD BOY, and Suelgi Chorus Vocals, then hopefully the rest should hook ^_^

Last edited:

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
I've just been reminded that the producers of RBB were also responsible for Dumb Dumb. Listening to the two tracks one after the other, they do share a suprising amount of DNA, with the looped brass samples, the similar use of percussion and the repetitive vocals. It's just that the individual elements that make up Dumb Dumb result in a much more listenable song IMO.

roosters93

Oct 25, 2017
Really Bad Boy really sucks.
Anyone know a way to watch all the vids of kpop or whatever which are blocked in Korea -_- youpak doesn't seem to work anymore

this shit is crazy haha 20 minute song
I got up to the 8th minute last night before bed

This the single craziest thing

I've just been reminded that the producers of RBB were also responsible for Dumb Dumb. Listening to the two tracks one after the other, they do share a suprising amount of DNA, with the looped brass samples, the similar use of percussion and the repetitive vocals. It's just that the individual elements that make up Dumb Dumb result in a much more listenable song IMO.

mm can hear a similar production signature
dumb dumb much better agreed

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
They have the best body of work when compared to other GGs that came out in the last few years. Their b-sides are always amazing. Been listening to this on repeat lately:

Facts.
'Cupid' instantly felt different to me than other nugu releases at the time but most people seemed to lump Oh My Girl in with the others. From that class of girl groups Girlfriend probably comes closest, but they lack OMG's musical diversity and didn't feel as unique from debut.

Oh My Girl also has one thing that most groups lack: They are able to release songs that are sound and feel "fresh," without being weighed down by the same saccharine elements that you usually find in "innocent pop" type songs.

I just dropped by to say that this might be the best Red Velvet song ever:

The west coast/SoCal vibe it gives off is just soooooooo good.

I feel like I'm cruising around Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica or the PCH with the top down... aka it's one of the best feelings ever lol.
Red Velvet 'Taste' definitely has a California vibe. SM's chosen range of producers seems to incorporate Cali elements at times, like with EXO 'Growl.'

Yeah, I much prefer 'Dumb Dumb.' Even though I like certain parts of 'RBB' I mostly skip the song when it comes on. Maybe it'll grow on me over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.