• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I started to use the threadmarksk and highlights functions for the thread (can be accesed in the top of every page). Let me know if you have any idea of how we could use that. For now I put as the threadmarker a post that compiles the Top of 2017 lists we made back in January for easy reference (I have probably missed some of them, but tried to inclde as much as possible, let me know who is missing).

For the highlights I pinned the polls results. And speaking of polls, a couple of teasers for the next poll and to spice things up

unknown.png

unknown.png

Posting the previous 2:

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I'd understand the hyperbole if this was stan Twitter but some of us here have been following K-Pop for longer than a year... if you count our ahem, previous existence, this is technically the 8th thread about K-Pop that goes back all the way up to 2011 when it was officially labeled as SNSD and K-Pop. You could say that we've seen it all but I'm not the bragging type so I'll save that for someone else.

But more importantly, if you're here or anywhere where you're taking K-Pop seriously, then I think you need to back off the computer and take a break from it.

As much as I love writing crazy ass theories about LOONA and the LOONAverse, I don't spend 24/7 thinking about that nor do I spend time voting for them in whatever music show/end of the year award... I don't even waste my time white knighting my faves lmao. And while I don't speak for the other old timers, I do think that we're all still here following this stupid thing called K-Pop because it's fun and entertaining... otherwise, we'd just move on to another hobby/pastime.

Anyway, like someone said... just relax and just enjoy the ride... acting smug about your faves is just gonna turn people away. If you really want people to care about your fave, hostility and hyperbole isn't going to work... we'd just get a form of motion sickness and be done with it. =P

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Whats app with this these high tension topics recently?

My time for idol stanning has already passed. I just enjoy korean idols as they are without caring too much who is winning.. unless BoA has something to do with it. But thats it

I remember i was a hardcore snsd fan back then. As much as i adored them it broke my relationship with my second best friend. Then i realized i had to stop. I did. I recovered in 2016 and started to listen to kpop but without being a total dickhead fanatic anylonger. I wish i could turn back time, because i didnt have the chance to apologize, i believe he is already in peaceful place right now

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It's been a year since Jonghyun's passing. Time flies. If you haven't, please listen to his last album Poet | Artist:

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's always a lost battle... but the year is not over! I'll post my list on the 1st of January.

Filurius

Dec 6, 2018
Hello everyone,

So I just finished reading (or at least skimming) the entire backlog of Kpop threads.
139,706 posts in all.

Alright, back to lurking.

When are people planning on posting their top songs of 2018? Really wanna see other's lists and see if I missed out on anything this year!

I finalized my top 100 today, so I'll leave it here, in case anyone wants to have a look.
1. EXO – Bad Dream
2. Red Velvet – Bad Boy
3. April – Oh! My Mistake
4. EXO – Gravity
5. Mamamoo – Wind Flower
6. Blackpink – DDU-DU DDU-DU
7. Hoody feat. Jay Park – Golden
8. Pudditorium – Paradise
9. Mamamoo – Egotistic
10. Taeyeon – Something New
11. EXO-CBX – Blooming Day
12. Blackpink – Forever Young
13. K/DA – Pop/Stars
14. Eric Nam – Potion
15. (G)I-DLE – Latata
16. Jay Park, Simon Dominic, Loco & GRAY – Upside Down
17. Dok2 feat. Sumin – Bliss
18. Heize – Sorry
19. Bol4 – Travel
20. Suzy – SobeR
21. Amber feat. Gen Neo – Right Now
22. Chungha – Love U
23. Jay Park feat. Jessi & Woo Wo Jae – Run It
24. EXO-CBX – Playdate
25. Hyorin – See Sea
26. CLC – To the Sky
27. Girls' Generation-OH!GG – Fermata
28. Sohee feat. Bol4 – Hurry Up
29. Sunmi – Heroine
30. Colde – Sunflower
31. BoA – One Shot Two Shot
32. HALO – O.M.G.
33. Amber & Luna – Lower
34. Red Velvet – #Cookie Jar
35. Oh My Girl – Secret Garden
36. Taeyeon – Baram x3
37. gugudan SEMINA – Semina
38. SAAY – Cold View
39. TWICE – What Is Love?
40. EXO – Electric Kiss
41. BTS – Fake Love
42. Hyorin feat. GRAY – Dally
43. UNI.T – I Mean
44. gugudan – Not That Type
45. KHAN – I'm Your Girl?
46. Apink – I'm So Sick
47. BTS/V – Singularity
48. BoA – Woman
49. EXO – Sign
50. Momoland – Bboom Bboom
51. LOONA/Olivia Hye – Egoist
52. GWSN – Puzzle Moon
53. Hoody feat. George – Why
54. Chungha – Roller Coaster
55. BTS – Airplane Pt. 2
56. SF9 – Mamma Mia
57. Sunmi – Black Pearl
58. GFriend – Time for the Moon Night
59. Red Velvet – Power Up
60. Taeyeon – Stay
61. Rothy – Burning
62. Red Velvet – All Right
63. Boin – Extra
64. Red Velvet – Butterflies
65. Taeyeon – Circus
66. Dua Lipa & Blackpink – Kiss and Make Up
67. EXO – Damage
68. Yuri – Always Find You
69. Red Velvet – Hit That Drum
70. BTS – Magic Shop
71. Jimin – Hey
72. Red Velvet – Aitai-tai
73. Mamamoo – No More Drama
74. EXO – Ooh La La La
75. TWICE – BDZ
76. Nana Mellie – Falling
77. Red Velvet – RBB
78. TWICE – Yes or Yes
79. CLC – Black Dress
80. iKON – Love Scenario
81. Class Mate – Feel Good
82. Momoland – Baam
83. Cerise – Stay Gold
84. Eyedi – Caffeine
85. UNI.T – No More
86. Mamamoo – Starry Night
87. Key feat. Soyu – Forever Yours
88. Yuri – Into You
89. NCT U – Boss
90. Lovelyz – That Day
91. GFriend – Sunny Summer
92. Jennie – Solo
93. Berry Good – Green Apple
94. gugudan – The Boots
95. NCT 127 – Simon Says
96. BigBang – Flower Road
97. NCT U – Baby Don't Stop
98. BTS/Suga – Seesaw
99. NeonPunch – Moonlight
100. Pristin V – Get It

Youtube playlist

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Solid tops so far, I while compile all of them in a post that I will add to the threadmarks.
Hello everyone,

So I just finished reading (or at least skimming) the entire backlog of Kpop threads.
139,706 posts in all.

Holy shit, that must've been rough with all the dead links and weird format errors. Now you have to make a top 100 moments in the threads history!

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Love the year end lists, read them all to find stuff I overlooked. There's still some things I want to listen to that I missed at release, so probably another week or so to finish mine.

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
Did somebody say year end lists?

I've got one, but it's only for the b-sides right now.

2018_top_b-sides.jpg

And then a YouTube playlist:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really more ss nitros monthly compilations to remind me pf early year stuff. And have to concentrate at work instead of going through my playlists.*cry* jongkookie already sniping some of my favs there.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
↑↑↑ Umibozu

BiBi aka Kim Hyung Seo is one of the best contestants on a show with some very high level talent.

I'm lucky enough that my TV package includes shows like The Fan so I can watch full episodes. Would recommend other people check out the show in YouTube clips or full broadcasts/streams somewhere.

99DC5F435C1787D0083C8F

Hello everyone,

139,706 posts in all.

Holy shit, that must've been rough with all the dead links and weird format errors. Now you have to make a top 100 moments in the threads history!
Some form of this needs to happen.

[M2 Interview Edition] 헤이즈(Heize) - 첫눈에(First Sight)

King of Masked Singer --- K.O.M.S SPECIAL★Female Singer Compilation PART1★

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I posted it as although I wouldn't find myself listening to the original peak-a-boo I found bibi's version a lot more listenable.
Her performance in her initial episode was stronger but I'm still hoping she can make it further.

For those interested two official platforms one can watch full 'the fan' episodes are Kocowa which does English subtitles, and ondemandkorea which upload raw episodes quickly.

Other performances from the last episode

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last video, sorry for double post

All strong performances in the last episode. Too bad they all can't make it into further rounds.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
My Top 20 for the year.
  1. Cosmic Girls - Save Me, Save You
  2. Shinee - I Want You
  3. Pristin V - Get It
  4. TVXQ - Love Line
  5. AOA - Bingle Bangle
  6. PLT - Igoholic
  7. Norazo - Cider
  8. NCT Dream - Go
  9. GOT7 - Look
  10. Lovelyz - Lost And Found
  11. Monsta X - Shoot Out
  12. EXO - Love Shot
  13. BTS - Airplane Pt 2
  14. Fromis 9 - To Heart
  15. Super Junior - One More Time
  16. BOL4 - Travel
  17. Nuest W - Help Me
  18. Ateez - Pirate King
  19. VAV - Gorgeous
  20. Dreamcatcher - You and I
MVs

Performance only

My list goes further of course. Cosmic Girls, Fromis 9, and Super Junior each had two songs on my Top 40+, so those automatic went to the bottom, despite the fact that they're probably in the Top 20 somewhere.
  • JBJ - My Flower
  • IZONE - La Vie en Rose
  • Cross Gene - Touch It
  • GIDLE - Hann
  • NCT 127 - Regular
  • Jonghyun - Shinin'
  • Gfriend - Sunny Summer
  • Eric Nam - Miss You
  • Kim Dong Han - Sunset
  • N. Flying - Hot Potato
  • Seventeen - Oh My
  • Shinhwa - Kiss Me Like That
  • Twice - Yes or Yes
  • EXID - I Love You
  • Pentagon - Shine
  • Chanyeol X Sehun - We Young
  • Momoland - Boom Boom
  • Super Junior - Lo Siento
  • Cosmic Girls - Dream Come True
  • Fromis 9 - Love Bomb

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1. Jung Jin Woo - She's got everything
2. DIA - WooWoo
3. fromis_9 - DKDK
4. SHINee - I Want You
5. PRISTIN V - Get It
6. GYEONG REE(9MUSES) - BLUE MOON
7. GOT7 - Look
8. Lovelyz -That Day
9. LABOUM - Between Us
10. fromis_9 - LOVE BOMB

Honourable mentions:
UNI.T - I mean
Jisook - Umbrella
TWICE - YES or YES
Yubin - Thank U Soooo Much

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
My top 10 of this year.

1. WJSN - Save Me, Save You
2. Fromis_9 - Love Bomb
3. Pentagon - Shine
4. Mamamoo - Egoistic
5. EXO - Tempo
6. Super Junior - Lo Siento
7. CLC - Black Dress
8. Sunmi - Heroine
9. Lovelyz - Lost N Found
10. Apink - I'm So Sick

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Jiyeon is going to drop the bop of the century and all of yoi are going to scramble to make your new lists :P

Kevinsky

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
WEW, it might have a year since my last post here. I'm still very much into k-pop though. Anyone go to Kcon LA this year? I was there, had a fun time. Been thinking about my top 20 all year. Here we gooooo:
  1. MOMOLAND - Baam
  2. Yubin - Lady
  3. TWICE - WIL
  4. BTS - Fake Love
  5. IU - BIBIBI
  6. GOT7 - Lullaby
  7. SUNMI - Black Pearl
  8. BTS - IDOL
  9. EXID - Lady
  10. Red Velvet - Butterflies
  11. TWICE - HO
  12. SUPER JUNIOR - Los Siento
  13. LOONA - Lov4ea
  14. MOON BYU - Selfish
  15. TWICE - YES OR YES
  16. CELEB FIVE - IWBAC
  17. GOT7 - Look
  18. FROMIS9 - Love Bomb
  19. H&D - Secret Love Song

Earlier this year i randomly stumbled upon this indie Korean artist who is really freaking good so i'll dedicate the honorable mentions to her stuff even though I don't know if it counts as pop.
Also ready for the all big current GGs to finally do US solo tours next year.

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Blackpink - DDU-DU DDU-DU
  2. (G)I-DLE - LATATA
  3. Oh! GG - Lil' Touch
  4. (G)I-DLE - Alone
  5. Red Velvet - Bad Boy
  6. Loona - Favorite
  7. Red Velvet - Really Bad Boy
  8. TWICE - Dance the Night Away
  9. CLC - Black Dress
  10. Jennie - Solo
  11. PRISTIN V - Get It
  12. Olivia Hye - Egoist
  13. Seulgi, Soyeon, SinB, Chunga Ha - Wow Thing
  14. Taeyeon - Something New
  15. MoonByul, Seulgi - Selfish
  16. TWICE - What is Love?
  17. Loona - Hi High
  18. Mamamoo - Wind Flower
  19. Momoland - Bboom Bboom
  20. AOA - Bingle Bangle
Usually only do songs that released an MV as well for these lists. The more albums that start showing up on Spotify will start motivating me to make a B side list

Ryan_MSF

Oct 26, 2017
관악구, South Korea
Yessir.

Flew all the way from Texas to attend the entire weekend.

Got to meet Chungha, fromis_9 and also took a selfie with Dal Shabet's Subin.

That was one of the greatest weekends ever... also one of the most expensive as well lmao.

As much as I enjoyed NY K-Con, how sad i felt when i saw the full list of attendees at LA, i knew i'd made the wrong choice immediately :_:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like JYPE's new GG will have five members. My prayers were answered. Large groups are overrated. Sure, LOONA is a large group, but they have sub-units and solos so it doesn't feel crowded.

Kevinsky

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yessir.

Flew all the way from Texas to attend the entire weekend.

Got to meet Chungha, fromis_9 and also took a selfie with Dal Shabet's Subin.

That was one of the greatest weekends ever... also one of the most expensive as well lmao.
I flew in from North Carolina lol. Dang nice meets. I came in hella late to the Twice fan meet from dinner/drinking with some fellow fans the night before and was at the very back of the crowd TT. Saturday concert was great tho. Davichi and Ailee might of been my favorite performance. Had to fly back on Sunday morning. Wallet still hurting.

jongkookie

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I enjoyed NY K-Con, how sad i felt when i saw the full list of attendees at LA, i knew i'd made the wrong choice immediately :_:

I would've loved to see Red Velvet and EXID too tbh but iirc I just came back from LA/LV when the tickets went on sale so I had no money left over. :(

That said, I've got P1 tickets for Red Velvet in Dallas so I am excite lol.

I flew in from North Carolina lol. Dang nice meets. I came in hella late to the Twice fan meet from dinner/drinking with some fellow fans the night before and was at the very back of the crowd TT. Saturday concert was great tho. Davichi and Ailee might of been my favorite performance. Had to fly back on Sunday morning. Wallet still hurting.

Lol the Twice hi-touch was ridiculously expensive... iirc they were going for a minimum of $500 and the audience passes were about $100 a piece if you bought them from fans... I would've loved to go tbh but I ended up attending Subin's panel and got my selfie with her lol.

And honestly, Sunday was boy group central... you really didn't miss out much unless you're a die hard Nuest W and Seventeen fan lol. I actually wanted to leave after Chungha and fromis_9 performed coz I was starting to get bored. :bean:

But yeah, Saturday was the best concert night imho. Davichi, Ailee, Dynamic Duo, Crush, Twice and Momoland... blessed lineup right there.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My top 20 b-sides of 2018 arranged by artists:

1. Jonghyun - Rewind
2. Red Velvet - Butterflies
3. Red Velvet - Taste
4. Red Velvet - Blue Lemonade
5. Red Velvet - Aitai-tai
6. Key - Honest
7. Key - Imagine
8. BoA - U&I
9. Sunmi - Black Pearl
10. SHINee - You & I
11. SHINee - Lock You Down
12. Sumin - Waves
13. EXO - Gravity
14. LOONA - Stylish
15. LOONA - See Saw
16. Chungha - Do It
17. Laboum - Love Game
18. TVXQ - Only For You
19. TVXQ - Closer (Max Solo)
20. fromis_9 - Coloring​

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
All this love for CLC 'Black Dress,' Pristin V 'Get It' and WJSN everything

99BD71395C14E4803D

Also, 'Stylish' is top tier Loona. It can compete with any of their songs.

It's a crime that they didn't even get another full grp release all year long! Probably seen all performances and listened to it a couple dozen times. Pledis what are you doing?
Pledis doing what a Pledis does.

Dress To Kill was After School's best album. Right after and ever since its release Pledis forgot AS and Orange Caramel existed.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna work on a Top 10 list buy in the meantime I'll post some honorable mentions:

^^^^^^^^

This song is better than it has any right to be. In a lot of ways it's a fucking mess, but then . . . it kinda works.

Now with this one I'm also not sure if the producer should be congratulated or reprimanded. It's like he/she just went rogue and tossed everything into this track. I tossed my hands up in supplication once that saxophone hit, praying for the K-pop Gods to punish such foolishness. But then I pressed repeat and started to love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.