• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Getting in to Blackpink was a bad idea lol. Now you'll be starved for content. Wrong group to Stan 😂

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
Merry Happy

sana64_www.kgirls.net.gif
sana66_www.kgirls.net.gif

sana65_www.kgirls.net.gif
sana69_www.kgirls.net.gif

Alright. Y'all got me mad hooked on Blackpink. Shame her music is spread across three EPs and the only place I can buy is itunes :( But it's on my list of things to get.
Welcome, we've saved a seat for you.

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
Despite not being active in this thread, lemme post my top 10:

ONF - Complete
My fave song, it's so positive and I love the whole production. It's catchy and does some interesting things. This song is my jam of the year and I always get excited listening to it. Just such a jam.

Apink - I'm So Sick
Love the sassy side of Apink, this was a bit of a grower but still can't stop playing it.

Soya - Artist
Homegirl released 4 singles this year which are all quite solid, but this one is by far the best. The chorus hits so good and it's overall a strong release and she delivers it so well with her vocals.

Laboum - Turn It On
Laboum's releases this year have been so good, b-sides included, 'Love Game' says hi. 'Between us' was pretty much a top 10 track the moment it released, but then they went and outdid themselves with 'Turn It On'. Also Soyeon is a goddess, her breathy vocals take this to the next level and it's also the main reason it gets the mention above their other release.

April - Oh My Mistake
Another lovely sassy song. April releases are often a treat, and I also loved 'The Blue Bird' but 'Oh My Mistake' really suits the group. It's got a bit of a catty attitude, but they pull it off so well.

Dreamcatcher - Full Moon
This one was difficult since every Dreamcatcher release is just so damn good, but 'Full Moon' remains one of my favourites and therefore I have to name it as the representing Dreamcatcher release. I'm still kinda adjusting to their 'transition' to different creepy concepts. I think overall their debut year was more impressive, curious to see what they'll do in 2019.

Chunga - Rollercoaster
Chunga being a queen is undeniable, but the production and delivery of this track is next level. A song released early in the year that never lost it's charm.

Oh My Girl - Secret Garden
The fairytale concepts of OMG are absolutely legendary. It's a true fantasy and the vocals + production make this a full package. Despite being a more ballady song, still extremely catchy and the beat makes it a good jam too.

LOONA YYXY - Love4eva
Gotta have a LOONA release since this year has been a blessing from them, and YYXY is personally my fave. The true quirky bubblegum vibe and catchiness resonate deeply with me. It's just been on my mind so much that I put it above all other LOONa tracks.

IMFACT - The Light
This group went from being a very generic boyband to releasing these unexpected tracks this year. The electronic vibe is quite unique and this song really has some interesting production. It was a bit of a grower though. At first I felt like the mixing was off and it didn't reach it's full potential, but I've since grown to appreciate it a lot. Their follow-up 'Na Na Na' is equally interesting but has less of an impact as the song progresses. I hope this group will continue to grow this sound.

A few other notable releases:

Quality boygroup releases with varying degrees of sassiness:
- Halo - O.M.G
- SF9 - Now or Never
- IN2IT - Snapshot

Girlgroups:
- UNI.T - I Mean - Most solid group from a survival show but alas a flop :'(
- CLC - Black Dress #justiceforCLC
- FROMIS_9 - DKDK - I could insert their entire discography here but DKDK was the one
- GYEONGREE Kyungri - Blue Moon - Miss unfortunate romanization released this amazingly fabulous track which I absolutely adore, but it never really stuck that much so it falls outside my top 10

The meme releases that I personally appreciate for the silliness:
- The Boyz - Giddy up
- Oh My Girl Banhana - Banana Allergy Monkey

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope guys are having a wonderful holiday!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this week is pretty much gonna be us posting our top songs for this year, I'll start posting mine as well.

My 2018's Old Song(s) of the Year:

1. LOONA/Chuu 'Heart Attack'
2. Lee Jin Ah 'RANDOM'
3. Oriental Showcus 'Haircut'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2018's Honorable Mentions:

1. Blackpink 'DDU-DU DDU-DU'
2. TWICE 'What is Love?'
3. Red Velvet 'Bad Boy'
4. MAMAMOO 'Egotistic'
5. LOONA YYXY 'LOVE4EVA (Feat. Grimes)'
6. iKON 'LOVE SCENARIO'
7. LOONA/Go Won 'One&Only'
8. Moonbyul 'SELFISH (Feat SEULGI of Red Velvet)
9. EXID 'LADY'
10. OH MY GIRL 'Secret Garden'
11. (G)I-DLE 'LATATA'
12. Dreamcatcher 'You and I'
13. IZ*ONE 'La Vie en Rose'
14. WJSN 'Save Me, Save You'
15. GWSN 'Puzzle Moon'

My Top 10 Korean Songs of 2018:

10. CHEEZE 'Just as a Lie'
9. LOONA/Olivia Hye 'Egoist (Feat. Jinsoul)'
8. Primary, Anda 'Zeppelin'
7. Lee Jin Ah 'RUN (With GRAY)'
6. Apink 'I'm So Sick'
5. Yubin 'Lady'
4. IU 'Bbibbi'
3. Dreamcatcher 'What'
2. Minseo 'Is Who'

NO.1
LOONA 'Hi High'

This song and music video just surprises me to no end. Not only do most of us here waited for their long awaited debut since late 2016, but we were given monthly Loona content until their debut. I have listened to this song probably more than I normally would, even though this song was released only 4 months ago. I have repeated it pretty much everyday. Singing this song while driving to work and during karaoke sessions with my friends was a blast. It got me through some tough times and it brought me a lot of highs(See what I did there?). The last song that truly made me enjoyed it was MAMAMOO 'Decalcomanie'. I always thought mamamoo would be the last group that I'll stan but boy, how dead wrong I was. This song is going to be something that I'll continue to listen to for a very long time. #StanLoona

That's my lists for this year! Looking forward to see the rest of yours!

Just for a lil extra to close it out, this is:

My Guilty Pleasure Song of 2018:

Last edited:

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017

This probably ended up being their best stage of the year. A whole lot of interesting twists to the choreography to keep it fresh.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Dreamcatcher - Full Moon
This one was difficult since every Dreamcatcher release is just so damn good, but 'Full Moon' remains one of my favourites and therefore I have to name it as the representing Dreamcatcher release. I'm still kinda adjusting to their 'transition' to different creepy concepts. I think overall their debut year was more impressive, curious to see what they'll do in 2019.
Haven't listened to much of what you posted, but this one caught my eye and I quite like it. Solid rec.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Truth of Love is enjoyable. Easily 7.8/10 for me. Beautiful stranger is a very haunting music!!love changmin's voice. Truth has very beautiful and hypnotizing coreography

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Here's my ranking.

20 - Fanatics (Flavor) - Milkshake
19 - EXID - I Love You
18 - G - I(DLE) - Latata
17 - Olivia Hye - Egoist
16 - Gugudan - Not The Type
15 - Sojung - Crystal Clear
14 - SNSD Oh! GG - Little Touch
13 - April - Oh My Mistake
12 - Twice - Dance The Night Away
11 - GWSN - Puzzle Moon
10 - BTS - Fake Love
09 - Sunmi - Herione
08 - Momoland - Bboom Bboom
07 - Laboum - Between Us
06 - Seungri - 1, 2, 3!
05 - LOONA - Favorite
04 - K/DA - Popstars
03 - Pristin V - Get It
02 - Momoland - BAMM
01 - Oh My Girl - Remember Me/Banana Allergy Monkey/Secret Garden and too many damn b-sides. They're better than your faves.

If you have a problem with this feel free to "pull up". I'll be handing out free fades for the rest of the year 😁😅😘

00 - Fromis_9 - Love Bomb - This is my official favorite. Which is amazing because before this song I hadn't paid the group any attention and I still don't know any of their names.

Other Awards:

Best Visuals: Red Velvet - Really Bad Boy
Most Overrated Song: Jennie - Solo
Surprisingly Awesome: Sori - Touch
Criminally Underrated: Sohee - Hurry Up
IT'S LIT: In2It - SnapShot
Where In The World Is?: Sonamoo. Am I tripping or have they been M.I.A. in 2018?

Sorry for the bad formatting. My laptop is being repaired so I typed all of this on my phone.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I've come to love Oh! My Mistake after not feeling it the first few listens. Might be Aprils best song.
It's a great song. Has a really nice bass line and it really grows on you. I've never enjoyed any of their music, but this got my attention. I'm so glad I actually took the time to listen to it with my expensive headphones.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I might as well do a list. 10 favorite kpop singles that I have heard this year:

1. Minseo - Is Who
2. Pink Fantasy - Iriwa
3. Taeyeon - Something New
4. Oh My Girl - Remember Me
5. Gugudan - The Boots
6. Laboum - Between Us
7. Sojung - Crystal Clear
8. Chungha - Roller Coaster
9. Twice - Dance The Night Away
10. Dreamcatcher - You and I

Some other songs and B-sides that stood out to me:
Red Velvet - So Good
Oh My Girl - Twilight
Yubin -Thank You So Much
Fromis9 - Love Bomb
Loona - Stylish
Minseo - Zero
NCT - Baby Don't Stop
Taeyeon - Baram x 3
WJSN - Save Me Save You
Onew - Blue
Luna Amber - Lower

Pheew that took a while. Probably a lot of good ones I'm forgetting but gotta stop somewhere.

Last edited:

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
People are going crazy over the JYP special stage on reddit. Personally I thought it was garbage. The entire first part is ruined by shoving the instrumentals of Day6 into every cover, and every single one of the songs are worse off for it. I don't mind Day6, I like several of their songs, but their work on these songs get a big no from me. Meanwhile I had to skip the rap part because they autotuned Chaeyoung to death. Between the pre-recorded rapping and live rapping it sounded like some weird cross between a mouse, a robot and a banshee. The dance performances were good, but dance performances don't excite me. The final part was neat, but didn't excite me much either.

Meanwhile, everyone seems to hate the SM special stage. I can agree that there was too much NCT (SM in a nutshell these days), some elements were rushed, and overall it might not have been quite special enough overall. Still happy with it though. Being treated to short performances of songs we don't get to see much these days (7th Sense, Be Natural, Monster) > everything on the JYP special stage.

That being said, the best special stages of the evening were of course Joy, Mijoo, Jiho, Yeonwoo, Tzuyu and Sowon performing Hush and Sunmi, Seulgi and Daewhi performing Heroine.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Okay. Is it me or Jelly Love and Morning Sun's title seem to get mixed with each other? When im listening to Morning Sun, the word jelly love are repeated several times. Thats kinda weird
Jelly Love would of been on the top if it was the full members of DBSK. DBSK vibes sigh, goes to the corner and start crying T_T

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I hate those stages. No one ever does it as good as the original group. They bothered that Miss A song. Reminds me of Twice trying to sing OMG and vice versa. It never works.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
I hate those stages. No one ever does it as good as the original group. They bothered that Miss A song. Reminds me of Twice trying to sing OMG and vice versa. It never works.
If it was the full Gfriend covering it beside Sowon they would destroy it, Sowon seem like the only one that killed it in my opinion ^_^

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my top 100 for the year. I can't do a small list, cutting it down this much was hard enough. I also included playlist links, though I doubt anyone will use them lol.

Spotify Playlist

Youtube Playlist

01. CLC - Black Dress
02. Red Velvet - Bad Boy
03. Laboum - Turn It On
04. (G)I-DLE - Hann
05. Sunmi - Siren
06. Pentagon - Shine
07. fromis_9 - 22nd Century Girl
08. IU - BBIBBI
09. Bol4 - Travel
10. Yuri - Illusion
11. Olivia Hye (ft. Jinsoul) - Egoist
12. Momoland - BBoom BBoom
13. Oh My Girl - Remember Me
14. BTS - Airplane pt.2
15. Laboum - Between Us
16. fromis_9 - To Heart
17. BoA - Woman
18. Taeyeon - Something New
19. Jonghyun - Just For A Day
20. GWSN - Puzzle Moon
21. Monsta X - Myself
22. Red Velvet - Butterflies
23. (G)I-DLE - Maze
24. EXID - I Love You
25. Infinite - Synchronize
26. DIA - WooWoo
27. Aseul - Sandcastles
28. Minseo - The Grand Dreams
29. EXO - Gravity
30. WJSN - Save Me, Save You
31. Lovelyz - Lost N Found
32. Red Velvet - All Right
33. (G)I-DLE - Latata
34. fromis_9 - Love Bomb
35. AoA - Bingle Bangle
36. Mamamoo - Midnight Summer Dream
37. Monsta X - Shoot Out
38. Zion.T (ft.Oh Hyuk) - Uh Huh + Sleep Talk (yeah, this is technically two songs)
39. Yuri - Into You
40. Sunmi - Black Pearl
41. BOYMOD ft. Yeseo - Physically
42. LOONA - Heat (9)
43. BoA - One Shot Two Shot
44. BTS - Magic Shop
45. Twice - Dance The Night Away
46. Favorite - Where Are You From?
47. Nature - (Some) (You'll Be Mine)
48. GWSN - YOLOWA
49. SHINee - JUMP
50. Dreamcatcher - You and I
51. Khan - I'm Your Girl ?
52. Mamamoo - Egotistic
53. GOT7 - Take Me To You
54. Kisum ft. Heize - It's Okay
55. SoRi ft.BASICK - Touch
56. Seventeen - Our Dawn Is Hotter Than Day
57. Yeseo - Do It Like Me
58. NeonPunch - Moonlight
59. Infinite - Tell Me
60. Bol4 - Starlight
61. Jonghyun - Only One You Need
62. Pristin V - Get It
63. Blackpink - Forever Young
64. GYEONG REE - Blue Moon
65. SHINee - I Want You
66. LOONA - Stylish
67. fromis_9 - Miracle
68. CLC - To The Sky
69. Twice - What Is Love?
70. Oh My Girl - Love O'clock
71. Pentagon - OFF-ROAD
72. Oh!GG - Lil Touch
73. AoA - Ladi Dadi
74. EXO - Sign
75. Taeyeon - Baram X 3
76. Sunmi - Curve
77. Seventeen - Oh My!
78. iKON - Love Scenario
79. WJSN - Dreams Come True
80. Lovelyz - That Day
81. Momoland - Curious
82. Red Velvet - Hit That Drum
83. EXO - Oasis
84. Aseul - Always With You
85. BoA - U&I
86. Eyedi - Caffiene
87. Hyolyn - See Sea
88. Dreamcatcher - Which A Star
89. fromis_9 - Pinnochio
90. GFriend - Flower Garden
91. Kriesha Chu - Like Paradise
92. Yoon Mi-rae (ft. Junoflo) - You & Me
93. Weki Meki - Metronome
94. VAV - Gorgeous
95. (G)I-DLE - $$$
96. Yubin - Thank You So Much
97. Day6 - Shoot Me
98. gugudan - Be Myself
99. DIA - Pick Up The Phone
100. Elris - Will Be Mine

A lot of good stuff released this year, and I'm pretty satisfied with how 2018 turned out. A few thoughts...

- fromis_9 is legit, so many good songs already and catchy choreo. They took the most spots on my list with 5.
- (G)I-dle is my Blackpink. They fill most of that same lane for me, and I already like their songs better. Likely to have a better comeback schedule too.
- Jonghyun left us with a really strong posthumous album. It's worth a listen if you haven't already.
- the two big surprises for me were Yuri outta nowhere with an amazing solo album, and AoA losing Choa but somehow still putting out their best release in a long time. Didn't see that coming.
- Laboum's always released great songs and nobody cared, but they really outdid themselves this year with Turn It On and Between Us.
- Red Velvet did Red Velvet things. Another year of strong releases, but not quite as good as last year. They easily remain my favorite active group.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
A shitty opinion if I ever saw one. I mean it's true that more often than not, it's not as good as the original group at their best, but as long as it isn't a garbage performance, they're still great fun. Believing that a cover performance can never live up to the original, or even surpass it in rare cases, is about as rational as believing in destiny, or being completely ignorant of nostalgia. Mijoo was born to do more than Ah-Choo and Candy Jelly Love, and seeing her do Hush proves it.

And while on the subject, fromis_9 paying respects to the dead. Here's their original cover performance.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Personally, I'm just not a fan of covers unless it's something really unique.

Like I don't care to watch a girl group cover Gee for the millionth time.

Now if a Girl Group covered The closer or something, that'd catch my attention.

Likewise in reverse.

Otherwise, if someone's having a special stage, I'd either want it to be a remix of a song

Or an original composition.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
A shitty opinion if I ever saw one. I mean it's true that more often than not, it's not as good as the original group at their best, but as long as it isn't a garbage performance, they're still great fun. Believing that a cover performance can never live up to the original, or even surpass it in rare cases, is about as rational as believing in destiny, or being completely ignorant of nostalgia. Mijoo was born to do more than Ah-Choo and Candy Jelly Love, and seeing her do Hush proves it.

And while on the subject, fromis_9 paying respects to the dead. Here's their original cover performance.
Oh covers can be better, but only when it's switched up into something new. Most of those stages were bad, though.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
This is a couple of weeks old now but it was a nice surpise to see Sera on Music Bank.

Hwang Ye Ji's performances on The Fan continue to be pretty great.

Yuri "walking around like ninja in Seoul".

More eng subs in this one video than the entirety of SM's YouTube channel (probably).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.