• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Plastic depicting plastic faces, too real.
ekJbWow.gif

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's probably what they sell in the SM Ent store too, your can see some in the Joon Park YT video where he visits YG and SM.. maybe it's stuff that doesn't sell and is filling up their storage room. :p

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I kinda feel bad for Ikon.

they're in that EXID "We had a super hit, now everything has to be chasing that super hit" track.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Killing Me
Goodbye Road
And now I'm Ok

Are all songs clearly trying to capture the spark that love scenario had.

Ikon went from a wide array of sounds and topics for their title tracks to it all being "no hard feelings" break up songs

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Feels like her single for The Player didn't even appear on the radar, liked it even more than this one.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Feels like her single for The Player didn't even appear on the radar, liked it even more than this one.

I like it more is due to her vocals. I seriously don't like how SM is promoting her, Yes I do enjoy her new songs but SM couldn't have added some vocals and high notes to them for her?

Last edited:

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Luna's music is very chill. I wonder if people can relate to her genre. I am myself giving her a chance though, i suggest you should do too

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I like it more is due to her vocals. I seriously don't like how SM is promoting her, Yes I do enjoy her new songs but SM couldn't have added some vocals and high notes to them for her?
I'm letdown by Luna's new song. They should've gave her another track like "Free Somebody".
Both Even So and Night Reminiscin are songs Luna self-composed. I would also love another Free Somebody but this seems to be the music she wants to make at the moment.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Also how can I forget to mention Luna comeback, How I miss f(x) and Luna Bae T_T. Damn you SM she suppose to be your next big thing and BoA successor

I remember 3 years ago i visited Seoul, Atlantic Princess was often played in the streets. Amber's Shake that brass was literally played everywhere

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Both Even So and Night Reminiscin are songs Luna self-composed. I would also love another Free Somebody but this seems to be the music she wants to make at the moment.

I can respect that. It's just not my cup of tea and it seems like she'd get more attention with a "bop" and dance heavy visual instead of ballads.

No No Eul

Oct 26, 2017
Oh sure, I'm not surprised that she's aware of that turn of phrase but I do find it pretty funny that she would tweet that for all to see, especially when MBK presumably(?) has no idea what she's talking about.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

TFW even idols refer to their own agency as the dungeon.

Shannons been known for criticizing her company and she should be allowed to for how long they let kept her in the dungeon despite her KStar(?) push some time ago. Don't worry, they know what she's talkin about. It's not like they are gonna let her release another single till contract termination.

Kim Sohee and Minju got some time to shine now at least.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What's with this condescending way of asking instead of just googling her name? You want us to copy past her wiki? Here here:

2010–2014: Career beginnings
Shannon first appeared on South Korean media through SBS's Star King in 2010 and gained attention after she expressed her singing excellence in 2011.Core Contents Media recruited Shannon after seeing her excellence performance on SBS's Star King in 2011.

In 2012, Shannon released a collaboration single, Day and Night with Areum (former member of T-ara) and Gun-ji (Gavy NJ) and also was featured in singer Yangpa's song, "Together." On November 23, Shannon appeared an episode of JTBC's Hidden Singer 2 as one of the impersonators of singer IU.

On January 8, 2014, Shannon appeared on JTBC's Hidden Singer 2 for the King of Kings finale round and performed IU's "Good Day" and Beyoncé's "Listen", but was eliminated before the final round. On January 29, her pre-debut single "Remember You" featuring Speed's Jongkook was released to commemorate the end of her three-year training for her debut. On February 12, Shannon made an appearance on her labelmate showcase, Speed Day, which aired on SBS MTV. She performed "Let It Go", a song from the film Frozen, and Rihanna's "Diamonds" with Dani. On December 1, Shannon made her official debut with released digital single titled "Daybreak Rain". The single charted at number 32 on Gaon digital chart. On December 26, she along with Vasco and Giriboy released a collaboration single titled "Breath".

2015–present: Eighteen, K-pop Star 6, Hello
On March 6, 2015, Shannon released her first mini album, Eighteen, which consists of seven track with the lead single "Why Why". On July 10, 2015, Shannon collaboration with rapper Yuk Ji-dam released digital single "Love X Get Off". In September 2015, Shannon was confirmed to starred in the KBS drama Moorim School.

On 3 March 2016, Shannon released a single, "Lachrymal Gland", featuring Soheechan as part of the 2gether project.

From 20 November 2016 to 9 April 2017 she took part in the TV reality show K-pop Star 6: The Last Chance. She competed against other trainees and talented individuals in hopes of scoring a contract that would grant the winner promotions from YG, JYP and Antenna Music. Shannon received high praise for her technical singing ability but was critiqued for her lack of emotion. She was selected into YG's group and sang songs such as "Man in the Mirror", "Who's Your Mama", "Happy", and "Ain't No Other Man". She advanced to the Top 4 (semi-finals) before she was eliminated.

Shannon released her second digital single "Love Don't Hurt" on June 26, 2017. The single contains two version, Korean version featuring Lil' Boi and English version featuring f(x)'s Amber.Her second mini album, Hello, was released on July 28. The EP contains five tracks, including the title track of the same name and previous released single "Love Don't Hurt". Shannon held comeback showcase at the Yes24 Muv Hall on July 27, one day before the album's release] She later made comeback stage on Music Bank on the same day as the album's release. The music video of "Hello" was released on 31 July.

On June 24, 2018, Shannon released her third digital single "Hatred Farewell".
Her last song is saying it all. 😂

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
What's with this condescending way of asking instead of just googling her name?
Condescending? What a serious accusation which you have to give a proof how it is condescending question. For the second question, why not google? It's because someone else came with that notion first, so i entered the notion by asking the op via reply.

Your google argument could work if in this case out of nowhere without wind and without storm i suddenly came into the thread and then made a question "who is shannon?", in this case you could say, "Why you dont just google?"

Tldr. My reply of who is shannon is actually a reply to the op, whether it is in the form of question or statement, both are okay. In this case google argument cannot work on me. But it works if i were the op asking "who's shannon?"

I hope my lecture is comprehensible

Now your turn: prove it to me how my question is condescending?

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Condescending? What a serious accusation which you have to give a proof how it is condescending question. For the second question, why not google? It's because someone else came with that notion first, so i entered the notion by asking the op via reply.

Your google argument could work if in this case out of nowhere without wind and without storm i suddenly came into the thread and then made a question "who is shannon?", in this case you could say, "Why you dont just google?"

Tldr. My reply of who is shannon is actually a reply to the op, whether it is in the form of question or statement, both are okay. In this case google argument cannot work on me. But it works if i were the op asking "who's shannon?"

I hope my lecture is comprehensible

Now your turn: prove it to me how my question is condescending?
I mean... She is a kpop singer? Like, what answer were you expecting to that question? It's actually in her bio too.

It came as condescending, even if it wasn't your intention.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I mean... She is a kpop singer? Like, what answer were you expecting to that question? It's actually in her bio too.

It came as condescending, even if it wasn't your intention.
I assumed she is a group idol member because the other said she is from UK. And mostly foreigners as active singers in sk are mostly in group

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
BLACKPINK? In our area? It's more common than you think.

Tickets are gonna be a bloodbath. Ain't no chance in hell YG will have them do a real world tour again.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
BLACKPINK? In our area? It's more common than you think.

Tickets are gonna be a bloodbath. Ain't no chance in hell YG will have them do a real world tour again.
No real world tour? What makes you think that? Just found out that actually blackpink ranks 176th for monthly listener on spotify. Thats almost double of bts' rank. Bts is at 400th something

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Well it happened. Looks like I might go to my first Kpop concert! (Surely France is included)

Sickkkkk. Gonna fight for those tickets.

Assuming they'll tour US side near Coachella so round april-may.

Now all I need is Twice to annouce there US tour and I get to see the top 3 GG this year :p

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
No real world tour? What makes you think that? Just found out that actually blackpink ranks 176th for monthly listener on spotify. Thats almost double of bts' rank. Bts is at 400th something

BP also has a track that's in a lot of spotify major radio playlists.

You can't really compare the two. Winner and Ikon outsell BP in Korean and Japanese concerts.

They're in no way gonna bomb, but Boy groups and Girl Groups are playing on two different levels concert wise with very few exceptions

Oct 27, 2017
Hope I can get tickets this time. Waited for sales to go live for Redmare and tried to click seats. Every time I did, it said the seat was already taken even tho I literally watched it countdown to live.

Edit: Also, what's the possibility they'll go to Seattle? If they do, I can stay with a friend there and save on hotel costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.